Dylan Wright no longer with team

I think he is a loss, he had talent. More talent than production though. I am worried we are putting a lot of love and confidence into the WR's. Crab coming off injury and a couple of transfers. One guy who really had one big game, and Dan Jackson.

I think he is a loss, he had talent. More talent than production though. I am worried we are putting a lot of love and confidence into the WR's. Crab coming off injury and a couple of transfers. One guy who really had one big game, and Dan Jackson.
We put a lot of confidence in Wright too…. he did well later last season but it was a lot of confidence / time before we got much out of him in games.

I would like to see more of Wright too, but he was also a guy who we needed to step up and just didn’t consistently, and this isn’t the first place that happened for him (A&M).

Just saying that even going forward with him would have also been a leap of faith too.

We put a lot of confidence in Wright too…. he did well later last season but it was a lot of confidence / time before we got much out of him in games.

I would like to see more of Wright too, but he was also a guy who we needed to step up and just didn’t consistently, and this isn’t the first place that happened for him (A&M).

Just saying that even going forward with him would have also been a leap of faith too.
Agree. We have some question marks. Him being there would be another question mark.

Penn St just took Potts, but who knows what the deal is. Maybe just wants to get closer back home, as opposed to significant playing time
I don't think Potts was going to get significant playing time... Neither did he... Hence why he left... But if your not going to get significant playing time probably better tondo that at home the elsewhere

The transfers aren’t untested commodities. Both have had many big games. I’m pretty pleased with this year’s set of WRs—until proven otherwise. And BSF could be a force this year. In 2019 we passed for 3293 yards; in 2022 we passed for 2369 yards. I think the 2023 Gophers could approach or pass the 2019 yardage figure, with the QB and WRs and TEs we have (and RBs, who Harbaugh has hinted might play are told in the padding game as well).

Last edited:

The transfers aren’t untested commodities. Both have had many big games. I’m pretty pleased with this year’s set of WRs—until proven otherwise. And BSF could be a force this year. In 2019 we passed for 3293 yards; in 2022 we passed for 2369 yards. I think the 2023 Gophers could approach or pass the 2019 yardage figure, with the QB and WRs and TEs we have (and RBs, who Harbaugh has hinted might play are told in the padding game as well).
Geers is supposed to be a very good pass catcher and now as an upperclassman he should be in the mix. Between he and 88 we should have 50 completions to tight ends this year.

Interesting. Would be good to have him back in the boat. If nothing else, I think he can benefit on a personal level (non football) from the structure and culture that PJ offers.
Always wonder what that looks like for kids in the portal. When or are they going to classes or even in school? Seems like a compliance nightmare for sports programs these days.

Just another gentle reminder of why we don't instantly go into rip mode when a player considers or enters the portal. They might just come right back.

Assuming this means he's back with the team, Welcome back Mr. Wright!

Probably finishing out degree and getting ready for cap and gown walk in May.

I don't think anything in that video screams "he's staying". If anything, it's just a hype video for his announcement of where he's transferring, maybe somewhere close to where he grew up?

I don't think anything in that video screams "he's staying". If anything, it's just a hype video for his announcement of where he's transferring, maybe somewhere close to where he grew up?
It had Minneapolis skyline in the video. Don't think he grew up here

Dude looks fantastic. Would love him to come back and light the world on fire. We'll see what happens. Seemed something might have started to click with him and AK. Hope so with a full fall camp.

Dude looks fantastic. Would love him to come back and light the world on fire. We'll see what happens. Seemed something might have started to click with him and AK. Hope so with a full fall camp.

He does, but he's always looked that way. That's why everyone keeps wanting to believe he can put it together because he has all the physical tools.

He does, but he's always looked that way. That's why everyone keeps wanting to believe he can put it together because he has all the physical tools.
Agree completely. I know he's been a special athlete for a long time. I just hope if this means he's back on the team, he can be that high level reciever he is capable of being. That said, it looked like maybe something good was happening with AK. A good camp might bring out the gods.

With AK8 throwing, and what looks to be a strong corp of WRs who would all draw meaningful coverage, Dylan could have a very good year here in 2023. His addition, if that is really what this video means, is icing in the cake. Heck, it means we keep the Axe another year. Dylan’s a Badger beater. Ideally, he’s a Husker beater, too.

It had Minneapolis skyline in the video. Don't think he grew up here
Yeah this is either he's coming back or he just put out the most confusing transfer portal hype video I've ever seen

The fact he put the skyline and and the words "Minneapolis" in the video makes me lean to the side he's staying with the team, which I will gladly take.

From watching him he easily has the highest ceiling on the team in my eyes, his ability to catch way out in front of him with his hands is incredible to watch with his length. He also seems to like Athan from what I can see and if he can form trust with him on the deep ball in coverage it will be insane. That being said I have no idea if he is even staying so I guess I can put my fantasy to rest for now

Interesting. Video 100% makes it seem like he is coming back. Guess we will have to see what happens.

We have room on the roster and he seemed to have a connection with AK. Can’t ever have too many weapons, and if he comes back maybe this will be the year he finally puts it all together and becomes the player it seems like he should be.

Yeah this is either he's coming back or he just put out the most confusing transfer portal hype video I've ever seen

The fact he put the skyline and and the words "Minneapolis" in the video makes me lean to the side he's staying with the team, which I will gladly take.

From watching him he easily has the highest ceiling on the team in my eyes, his ability to catch way out in front of him with his hands is incredible to watch with his length. He also seems to like Athan from what I can see and if he can form trust with him on the deep ball in coverage it will be insane. That being said I have no idea if he is even staying so I guess I can put my fantasy to rest for now
I thought it was just an establishing shot of where he is currently, not anything related to the team. Who knows...

1000% not on the team.
But, if he enrolls for summer session, he could be officially back on the roster in a heartbeat. Like T-Time’s situation, a good, dominating year puts Dylan in the NFL discussion. He has an NFL body and NFL athletic potential. Prove it in the field in 2023 and he might be the next PJ WR to be drafted. I hope he’s home for good … not just training here while he decides on his next stop.

Top Bottom