Dupree McBrayer

You would be surprised at how much speed is correlated with strength. A good strength regimen can DRAMATICALLY improve explosiveness, speed, quickness, jumping, lateral movement, and overall athleticism. Not to mention, being stronger will allow you to absorb contact and stay on your path to the rim, get to your spots, rip through your defender. On defense, it also helps you maintain guarding position. Strength on the perimeter is a huge asset. You are correct that adding TOO much muscle could hinder movement, but adding the right amount of muscle undoubtedly improves athleticism, speed, and quickness. (Getting stronger in the weight room does not equate to body building)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, people here are talking about bulking him up. I agree with you on strength. It's not about how much weight he gains. Wiry strong guys can be excellent basketball players.

His lefty dunk made sports center top ten.

He has had highlight real dunks the last couple games. I think he has most upside potential of anyone on the team, more than Coffey imho. His athleticism and shooting, wow.

well, people here are talking about bulking him up. I agree with you on strength. It's not about how much weight he gains. Wiry strong guys can be excellent basketball players.

I'm wiry and strong...and well-hung. Can't play basketball though.:(

His lefty dunk made sports center top ten.

He has had highlight real dunks the last couple games. I think he has most upside potential of anyone on the team, more than Coffey imho. His athleticism and shooting, wow.

Totally agree

Top Bottom