Dumbest coaches ever

Reaction score
They just don't get it. Why the hell are you running it multiple times on the final drive with a lot of yardage to go for a score? The one run alone took about half the remaining game.

Its amazing that a 'professional' could do such a moronic job.

We all love to second guess play calls, but I agree that those runs (especially the second one) rank among the stupidest calls I have seen in my life.

They just don't get it. Why the hell are you running it multiple times on the final drive with a lot of yardage to go for a score? The one run alone took about half the remaining game.

Its amazing that a 'professional' could do such a moronic job.

+1

Two key themes are quite evident in each of our losses - their QB outplays ours and their coaching staff outcoaches ours. It really is just that simple. I thought Weber played better today but Persa was better than him and lead his team to a win. The draw play at the end says all I need to about Brew's abilities. Just shut down the frickin program if you're not willing to INVEST in a top-tier coaching staff and recruiting budget.

Gray finished with what, 1 reception? 3rd in the Big Ten heading in, and couldn't get him the ball huh? *sigh*

Gray finished with what, 1 reception? 3rd in the Big Ten heading in, and couldn't get him the ball huh? *sigh*

I think we can expect more of this as we start B10 play. they are going to shut down gray and weber will just overthrow all our other receivers.

Yep, I agree, they had me scratching my head.

That last sequence was just plain awful.

Ran when we should have passed - fail. Didn't call a timeout - fail. Didn't even spike the ball to stop the clock - fail. The next play called was a 3 yd throwaway play - it was actually better that it was incomplete - fail. Weber way overthrows his man on 3rd down - fail. Weber runs like a chicken with his head cut off on 4th down and makes a bad throw - fail.

Horrible pressure situation game management by coaches - fail.
Horrible pressure situation game management by QB - fail.

It's funny, I played QB in high school and my senior year our old coach retired and a new coach came in. I thought the new coach was terrible and he was fired after 2 years. Then I come to the U and Brewster makes my coach look like Vince Lombardi in comparison. Now it's four years later and Brewster is still here. And things are getting worse. 4 years ago Brewster stood in front of a group of students and I and said in 4 years we'd be going to a Rose Bowl. Well its been 4 years and we are on this page trying to decide if we will win one or two games in the Big Ten. And yet he's still here and making a million dollars a year. What a joke.

This game sealed Brewster's fate. If we can't beat Northwestern on a day where the breaks go our way then we are in for a long season.

it's ALREADY been a long season, each games seems like time stands still, thank God for fast forward...thankfully BB starts Nov 2.

With Adam Weber at QB, calling a pass play and actually connecting with a receiver are two distinct things.

just baffled how anyone could be ripping weber for his play this year? he has played very well and today he looked like a big time qb. some of you are so childish with your desire to see gray play that you try to rip weber for playing a very soild game. weber isnt calling the plays, he didnt call a draw play with a minute left in the game.

he didnt call a draw play with a minute left in the game.

No but he did overthrow about ten passes today including 2 on the last drive. There is reason this guy will go down as the worst Qb in terms of winning % in gopher history. Some guys are winners and some are losers.

just baffled how anyone could be ripping weber for his play this year? he has played very well and today he looked like a big time qb. some of you are so childish with your desire to see gray play that you try to rip weber for playing a very soild game. weber isnt calling the plays, he didnt call a draw play with a minute left in the game.

5 year qb with 2 timeouts against an average D, with a 6-4 receiver should be able to get the team in FG range. That is a fact.

fact that what? lair and mcknight both dropped balls that would have extended a series that may have lead to possible points? and they were perfect passes...FACT!!!!

Wow! I need to call the Nobel Committee because I think I've discovered some men who have menstrual cycles!

I can give Weber credit & say he's not the reason we lost today...

Dumb Playcalling in the last minute cost them the game...

Two key themes are quite evident in each of our losses - their QB outplays ours and their coaching staff outcoaches ours. It really is just that simple. I thought Weber played better today but Persa was better than him and lead his team to a win. The draw play at the end says all I need to about Brew's abilities. Just shut down the frickin program if you're not willing to INVEST in a top-tier coaching staff and recruiting budget.

You would think our defense giving up 490 yards might have something to do with the loss, but I guess not.

I am watching the Wis. and MSU game and both these teams are coached so much better than MN. When you watch other teams you realize how bad our coaches are. Brewster and co need to get the hell out of MN. Also, the ESPN announcer was saying how in the 4th and 5th year you really get to know which way the program is heading, based on Brewster's performance it is time for him to leave.

fact that what? lair and mcknight both dropped balls that would have extended a series that may have lead to possible points? and they were perfect passes...FACT!!!!
Are you honestly blaming McKnight for not being able to pull in the ball that he could barely reach with one hand?

I can give Weber credit & say he's not the reason we lost today...

Both were major factors. I thought the first 59 minutes of the game were called fine. Weber killed more than one drive with his silly freshman overthrows.

You would think our defense giving up 490 yards might have something to do with the loss, but I guess not.

+10000000000000.

Careful buddy, stating the obvious can get you into trouble with some on this board.

+1

Don't get to see many Gopher football games. I thought Weber played fine. Persa was exceptional (what a stud, bench presses 390 at QB).

Defense totally overmatched.

Poor play calling - OK try the draw once, do not try it twice.

+1

Don't get to see many Gopher football games. I thought Weber played fine. Persa was exceptional (what a stud, bench presses 390 at QB).

Defense totally overmatched.

Poor play calling - OK try the draw once, do not try it twice.

Yeah, I thought the play calling was really good up to the final drive. We opened things up, were very creative. But the draw, especially the 2nd one was very bad.

No doubt...but that wasn't my point. We are a member of the Big 10 and in every single game this year, our 5th year QB has been outplayed by our opponent's. Same with our coaching staff, especially Cosgrove. Even after giving up 500 yards of offense to NW, this game was still very winnable but our coach can't manage a game and our QB can't make the big play when his team needs it.

What cost them the game was a ball thrown up for grabs and their receiver turning an interception into a TD for them. If you didn't see us losing by 1 point on a field goal after that play, then you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, the two run calls were awful, but we lost the ball on an interception; the clock didn't run out on us. As much as I don't like the constant ripping on Weber, their QB made plays at the end. Ours didn't. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those run plays wasn't a check-off.

What cost them the game was a ball thrown up for grabs and their receiver turning an interception into a TD for them. If you didn't see us losing by 1 point on a field goal after that play, then you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, the two run calls were awful, but we lost the ball on an interception; the clock didn't run out on us. As much as I don't like the constant ripping on Weber, their QB made plays at the end. Ours didn't. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those run plays wasn't a check-off.

More people are upset about the draw plays then the TD catch by NW...

And rightfully so...

Top Bottom