DT Smith Flips to Notre Dame

Baseball's New York Yankees have the best shiny players money can buy.

Money talks. The NIL money and transfer Portals have a similar side-effect on some college football programs. Minnesota may be one of them. Spring hasn't sprung yet, and a grad transfer has been poached.

They’re still upset we have a better D coordinator. One more example that we’re recruiting well when a school like ND is after them.

Notre Dame is fighting hard to remain relevant

The young guys have been spoken highly of in the past. This doesn't concern me.. but it isn't great news

the-departed-drama.gif

Mark my words, Micah Dew-Treadway is responsible for this. It’s common knowledge that nobody actually ever leaves the Notre Dame football brotherhood. Micah is most certainly a Notre Dame loyalist that was sent here by Brian Kelly to serve as a mole within our program. His task was to find Gopher players and Gopher commits that were “Notre Dame quality” and steer them in the direction of the Irish program. Sure, Brian Kelly is now in Baton Rouge and Micah is now done with CFB, but as the saying goes, once a fighting Irish always a fighting Irish. I was sure that PJ already had someone within the program to sniff out rats like this. However, after this event, I’m not so sure that is the case.

Cc: PJ & Staff
Consider this post a résumé.

the-departed-drama.gif

Mark my words, Micah Dew-Treadway is responsible for this. It’s common knowledge that nobody actually ever leaves the Notre Dame football brotherhood. Micah is most certainly a Notre Dame loyalist that was sent here by Brian Kelly to serve as a mole within our program. His task was to find Gopher players and Gopher commits that were “Notre Dame quality” and steer them in the direction of the Irish program. Sure, Brian Kelly is now in Baton Rouge and Micah is now done with CFB, but as the saying goes, once a fighting Irish always a fighting Irish. I was sure that PJ already had someone within the program to sniff out rats like this. However, after this event, I’m not so sure that is the case.

Cc: PJ & Staff
Consider this post a résumé.
ND cannot stand that we took their O lineman from them. Morgan might be next.

I heard he was frustrated because he committed to play for PJ the person, not PJ the cyborg.
Who would he rather play for? PJ Fleck, or the
FLECKINATOR

Am I the only one who finds they are paying less and less attention to recruiting as decommitments and transfers occur more and more often?
Recruiting is fun to follow but people make way too many assumptions about what players are going to do before they even set foot on campus or take a single snap.

There will always be high rated busts and low rated stars, but it takes years to really know who those guys are going to be.

Transfers are a little different. At least they typically come in with some sort of track record that gives you an idea of what they can do at the college level.

Yep, definitely a shot across Fleck's bow for taking MDT and Carroll!!

;)

So you don’t want PJ recruiting kids who have committed elsewhere?
I get it.....never stop recruiting, but there's a huge difference between a high school commitment and one from the transfer portal. In this situation, we've already started spring practice.....waiting for him to arrive.....can't recruit his replacement. I think this is a good example of why there needs to be a signing deadline for guys in the portal.

I get it.....never stop recruiting, but there's a huge difference between a high school commitment and one from the transfer portal. In this situation, we've already started spring practice.....waiting for him to arrive.....can't recruit his replacement. I think this is a good example of why there needs to be a signing deadline for guys in the portal.
One thing to keep in mind is that while this was a surprise to us it may or may not have been a surprise to the coaches.

One thing to keep in mind is that while this was a surprise to us it may or may not have been a surprise to the coaches.
Sometimes it is a surprise ... I forget who it was that all but invited himself onto the basketball team years ago after he got dropped by some other team ... IIRC didn't work out.

Sometimes it is a surprise ... I forget who it was that all but invited himself onto the basketball team years ago after he got dropped by some other team ... IIRC didn't work out.
Not sure on the basketball player but Smith leaving definitely might have been a surprise to the staff. I just think fans get kind of quick to jump to the assumption that we hear about things at the same time as the staff does.

They may very well have known Smith was going to pull this for a while.

Not sure on the basketball player but Smith leaving definitely might have been a surprise to the staff. I just think fans get kind of quick to jump to the assumption that we hear about things at the same time as the staff does.

They may very well have known Smith was going to pull this for a while.
PJ was trumpeting on every interview he could "With the portal expect guys to transfer / the unexpected."

Even the surprises might be in the context of "oh wow... well we also expect a few of those".

The unknowns are known.

I heard he couldn't qualify at Minnesota so he kinda had to go to someplace with lower entrance standards. Not sure if there is anything to it, but...

Fake stars. You got them coming and going.

When the dust settles, you want to be on the plus side.

Top Bottom