DT on Fleck: He’s unique enough, he’s young enough, he’s got enough energy and he’s a good recruiter.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Q&A:

This year’s Gophers team? Some tweaking certainly is needed and, secondly, it’s confidence. They had some studs last year. There’s some tweaking and some young guys who need to learn, and they’re learning under fire. Guys learn a lot more playing than standing on the sidelines. I do think, yes (P.J. Fleck can make the Gophers an elite program year-in and year-out). He’s unique enough, he’s young enough, he’s got enough energy and he’s a good recruiter.

This is such a weird year. It’s a very, very challenging time to do these things.

Go Gophers!!

Totally. Like this year (so far) has sucked, but so has 2020. There was basically no spring ball, and an accelerated fall camp, which made things extra tough on young players. We'll never know if with that extra time and OOC games if things would have gone better. I think they would have, but that's just my opinion.

Penn State is 0-2, one loss coming to Indiana. Indiana is ranked the highest they've been in a long time. Michigan State beat Michigan after losing to Rutgers. Rutgers won a B1G conference game. Northwestern is 2-0 after being the worst team in the west last year. Iowa is 0-2, we're 0-2.

The only team who seems to have been able to whether 2020 so far is Ohio State (jury is out on Wisconsin, they looked good in their first game but since they haven't played since who knows). Everyone else has had something really unexpected or weird happen.

Top Bottom