Dredrick Mills opts out in Lincoln; USC rb to transfer in

Nebraska has lost both Dredrick Mills and Wan'dale Robinson to transfer or opt-out. This transfer in looks good, but he isn't eligible in 2021 without a waiver.

Nebraska has lost both Dredrick Mills and Wan'dale Robinson to transfer or opt-out. This transfer in looks good, but he isn't eligible in 2021 without a waiver.
They better get that waiver before Stepp takes his turn through the revolving door.

I thought their were no waivers needed for this year.

I thought their were no waivers needed for this year.

Depends on if the NCAA passes the one-time transfer rule, which many thought they would do on Monday of this week, but they've tabled it again. If they wait until the fall, then it is likely any transfer would need a waiver to play immediately, except for grad transfers. At least, that's my read on the situation. Certainly not an expert.

Depends on if the NCAA passes the one-time transfer rule, which many thought they would do on Monday of this week, but they've tabled it again. If they wait until the fall, then it is likely any transfer would need a waiver to play immediately, except for grad transfers. At least, that's my read on the situation. Certainly not an expert.
That what I’ve gathered from brief searches, too. NCAA has been kicking the can down the road on non-grad transfers without waiver for this year—no final decision. Could happen tomorrow or might never happen. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. For Nebraska, which just lost virtually all of its non-QB rushing yardage from last season, it really needs to hope for the best.

Last edited:

They've said they'll blanket issue waivers. Our Texas A&M transfer receiver is going to need one now, too.

The NCAA isn't going to pass any new legislation until the Alston case is ruled on and sorted out, and possibly if federal lawmakers figure out if they there to be federal law on student-athlete rights.

Does this move them from top 25 to top 20 now?

Top Bottom