Dragan Kesich now on scholarship

Congrats to Kesich, nice weapon to have when you know your kicker is going to put it out the back of the endzone nearly every time.

Since Santoso, we haven't had a kicker be able to consistently get touchbacks on KO's. Seeing how often we were gashed on KO returns due to short kicks, the amount of field position he saves is well worth the scholarship.

Glad to see the young man get a scholarship and get rewarded for his effort.

Since Santoso, we haven't had a kicker be able to consistently get touchbacks on KO's. Seeing how often we were gashed on KO returns due to short kicks, the amount of field position he saves is well worth the scholarship.

Glad to see the young man get a scholarship and get rewarded for his effort.
Had to read a couple times as I thought you were speaking to last year. I agree he is very valuable.

Does this mean recruiting for the 2022 is about wrapped up?

Kick returns are high risk/reward plays. It’s great when a Gopher returns one for a TD or great field position. It’s not so great when a player is seriously injured. The balance is somewhere in between.

Would be cool if he could become an actual threat for kicking 50+ yard field goals.
He hits them in practice and warmups. Not a lot of reasons to attempt them in games unless it’s the end of a half.

I also believe he is left footed so the holder has to turn. Different catching. More can go wrong.

He hits them in practice and warmups. Not a lot of reasons to attempt them in games unless it’s the end of a half.

I also believe he is left footed so the holder has to turn. Different catching. More can go wrong.
Maybe just have a different holder that is for Dragan?
I realize it's a rare situation but would still be a nice option to have.

If we're actually to the point of giving a scholarship to a guy, just to kick a touchback every time ....

what is the point of kickoffs??

Just make the rule that every time a team scores, the other team just gets the ball starting at the 25. And same for starting each half.

Folks who love kick returns ... you'll still have punt returns.

Maybe just have a different holder that is for Dragan?
I realize it's a rare situation but would still be a nice option to have.
I'm honestly not positive it matters to the holder. Just an interesting tidbit

Was he given a scholarship at a team meeting/event? I'm sure he'll take the scholarship however way he can get it.

He would actually have his own holder. A right handed holder can't turn...

Top Bottom