Dr JeKill - It's Alllllive!

wait!what?

Reaction score
The stairway led almost straight down and soon those on the steps knew few had been this way recently. By recently, I mean 40 yrs of cobwebs and dust. The neglected laboratory needed purgation but soon the doctor knew the correct elements were all there for regeneration. Now, 4 years later…it’s ahhhhlive! Dr JeKill and Mr Lime have the 40 years of cadaverous football upright-- teetering but upright.

This is what happens when you ban wren. You're left with this.

This is what happens when you ban wren. You're left with this.

I would much rather have this than a wren diatribe. Here's proof:

The bottom line is that obviously the students at PSU love attending football games. I don't think either the most forgiving OR the most pious of people on this Minnesota-based message board have a clue just how much Saturday Afternoons in the fall are just meant to go out to the football game on the PSU campus and have an enjoyable time... and to carry on this event in spite of all that has occurred. It is what you would call TRADITION. That is pretty much something that a lot of the Judges/judgettes on this board do not understand. YOU people try to assign your own biased and highly emotional, political, religious, socially just/correct opinions on to the way you think EVERYONE "ought" to respond. Then YOU people pick your sides and try to ramrod your biased opinion down the throats of everyone else and try to bash (in this case) all of PSU.

I guess your reactionary/judgmental theory doesn't explain anything going on with the student football fans at PSU. Perhaps to them it has NOTHING to do with the horrible, tragic events that some of you feel it "should" be all about. Maybe it is just as simple as "healing" a deep wound. Perhaps it is about letting justice and the system do what justice and the system is supposed to do in the case of a horrific crime and then picking up the pieces and moving on. Maybe it is all about sadness, shame, grief, guilt, and the ONLY way to begin to deal with all of the tragedy, the shame spiral, the horror of what happened and to "GO ON WITH LIFE..." Maybe the campus in State College, PA can show the world that they have had tragedy and horrible things perpetrated on their campus and that they will NOT let the tragedy and horror dominate their campus any longer.

Many GREAT and good things will happen on the Campus of Penn State University as we move forward. The state, the nation and the world need that Institution of Learning and Education that is PSU to do great things...to teach... to learn...to discover...to research...all kinds of things that will make the world a better place. The students who attend that great university NEED to go on with their lives and dedicate what they have felt, learned and had to come to terms with from this horror and this tragedy of this sandursky crime NOT win...NOT destroy them or their university. They need to carry on, go forth, be productive and make the world a better place.

So, life will go on in State College PA. Life NEEDS to go on. There will be good, greatness, and new dedication coming from that little corner of the world. And, all of us, no matter where we are need to quit being so damn judgmental about horrible things that happen other places. Believe me, there is plenty that is not right going on right here, it is not all just, right, good and honorable in our back yard. Judge not people of Minnesota and the University of Minnesota. If you are honest...we are no better than people any where else. We don't know what may be lurking out there. Maybe nothing...maybe something that we will need to deal with...and carry on from.

Good for the PSU Student Section! And Good for the concept of: "...life goes on...in spite of the human condition...life MUST always go on..." And, in State College, PA the students of PSU want to participate in a tradition that is a part of PSU tradition. They need to overcome the tragedy and the horror...they need to have some things survive the utter and complete horror of what happened on their campus. They need to survive. They need to move forward. They need to reclaim the innocence that was lost when one man...one system...one icon proved to be much less than what had always been believed. Good for the PSU Student Section. May they learn, be watchful, less inclined to assign greatness to their heroes and when their heroes fail, may they always pick up the pieces, make amends, and accept the humility and humbleness that must always accompany a: "fall from grace..."

And, may all of us here on GOPHERHOLE realize that to be judgmental is just BEGGING to be judged ourselves... Take a look around you, people. we do not do everything perfectly or any where near perfectly ourselves. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? And, WHEN (not IF) we stumble, just what will we do to acknowledge our human condition and then pick ourselves up and go forward? Or, will we all just lay down and die? I certainly hope that we all have the strength of character to pick ourselves up and take our lives forward. And to even bring some of what we love and enjoy with us as we move forward. And may we ALWAYS be judged with as much compassion as we give others IF we have the tragic tendency to try to judge others based only upon vindictiveness, anger and a 'broad brush" approach that judges everyone by the actions of the few.

I don't know if our not nearly as new Norwood is all I have seen some people on this board have claimed in the fairly recent past, or if he is as worthless as some of you guys are trying to paint him now. But: he is right on the money to be telling these high school fantasy wannabe kids that not many of them will play on Sundays and that they had best be paying attention to their academic progress and growth.

The damn NCAA is keeping tabs on the academic progress made by the student athletes and they won't be playing ball if they don't have the grades. And, haven't you people seen that commercial on the Big Ten Network that reminds everyone that almost every man or woman who plays a Big Ten sport will go pro in something other than the sport they play.

In this case, I'd have to give the former "NEW" Norwood a good, solid A. He is telling the young student-athlete wannabe types the truth. Not many of them will ever sign big professional sports contracts. They had best learn how to really "book it" as well as to just be bigger, stronger, faster on the football field.

I fully support our Norwood telling the TRUTH!
We old timers have seen a lot of "hyped" potential super stars and even a lot of darn good Big Ten players who had good college careers end their careers with injury or after their last college football game. Most all of them go on right from college to make their way in life without some big nfl pay check weighing them down and keeping them from getting on with their lives in a good, honest productive way.

Teach the children what they need: readin...writing...ritmatic and they will most likely find their way to being engaged in that great American Dream: living a good life. Norwood is only being honest with these kids, hopefully their parents and all the darn coaches out there too. There probably is not too much hope for some fans though.

I would much rather have this than a wren diatribe. Here's proof:

The bottom line is that obviously the students at PSU love attending football games. I don't think either the most forgiving OR the most pious of people on this Minnesota-based message board have a clue just how much Saturday Afternoons in the fall are just meant to go out to the football game on the PSU campus and have an enjoyable time... and to carry on this event in spite of all that has occurred. It is what you would call TRADITION. That is pretty much something that a lot of the Judges/judgettes on this board do not understand. YOU people try to assign your own biased and highly emotional, political, religious, socially just/correct opinions on to the way you think EVERYONE "ought" to respond. Then YOU people pick your sides and try to ramrod your biased opinion down the throats of everyone else and try to bash (in this case) all of PSU.

I guess your reactionary/judgmental theory doesn't explain anything going on with the student football fans at PSU. Perhaps to them it has NOTHING to do with the horrible, tragic events that some of you feel it "should" be all about. Maybe it is just as simple as "healing" a deep wound. Perhaps it is about letting justice and the system do what justice and the system is supposed to do in the case of a horrific crime and then picking up the pieces and moving on. Maybe it is all about sadness, shame, grief, guilt, and the ONLY way to begin to deal with all of the tragedy, the shame spiral, the horror of what happened and to "GO ON WITH LIFE..." Maybe the campus in State College, PA can show the world that they have had tragedy and horrible things perpetrated on their campus and that they will NOT let the tragedy and horror dominate their campus any longer.

Many GREAT and good things will happen on the Campus of Penn State University as we move forward. The state, the nation and the world need that Institution of Learning and Education that is PSU to do great things...to teach... to learn...to discover...to research...all kinds of things that will make the world a better place. The students who attend that great university NEED to go on with their lives and dedicate what they have felt, learned and had to come to terms with from this horror and this tragedy of this sandursky crime NOT win...NOT destroy them or their university. They need to carry on, go forth, be productive and make the world a better place.

So, life will go on in State College PA. Life NEEDS to go on. There will be good, greatness, and new dedication coming from that little corner of the world. And, all of us, no matter where we are need to quit being so damn judgmental about horrible things that happen other places. Believe me, there is plenty that is not right going on right here, it is not all just, right, good and honorable in our back yard. Judge not people of Minnesota and the University of Minnesota. If you are honest...we are no better than people any where else. We don't know what may be lurking out there. Maybe nothing...maybe something that we will need to deal with...and carry on from.

Good for the PSU Student Section! And Good for the concept of: "...life goes on...in spite of the human condition...life MUST always go on..." And, in State College, PA the students of PSU want to participate in a tradition that is a part of PSU tradition. They need to overcome the tragedy and the horror...they need to have some things survive the utter and complete horror of what happened on their campus. They need to survive. They need to move forward. They need to reclaim the innocence that was lost when one man...one system...one icon proved to be much less than what had always been believed. Good for the PSU Student Section. May they learn, be watchful, less inclined to assign greatness to their heroes and when their heroes fail, may they always pick up the pieces, make amends, and accept the humility and humbleness that must always accompany a: "fall from grace..."

And, may all of us here on GOPHERHOLE realize that to be judgmental is just BEGGING to be judged ourselves... Take a look around you, people. we do not do everything perfectly or any where near perfectly ourselves. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? And, WHEN (not IF) we stumble, just what will we do to acknowledge our human condition and then pick ourselves up and go forward? Or, will we all just lay down and die? I certainly hope that we all have the strength of character to pick ourselves up and take our lives forward. And to even bring some of what we love and enjoy with us as we move forward. And may we ALWAYS be judged with as much compassion as we give others IF we have the tragic tendency to try to judge others based only upon vindictiveness, anger and a 'broad brush" approach that judges everyone by the actions of the few.

I don't know if our not nearly as new Norwood is all I have seen some people on this board have claimed in the fairly recent past, or if he is as worthless as some of you guys are trying to paint him now. But: he is right on the money to be telling these high school fantasy wannabe kids that not many of them will play on Sundays and that they had best be paying attention to their academic progress and growth.

The damn NCAA is keeping tabs on the academic progress made by the student athletes and they won't be playing ball if they don't have the grades. And, haven't you people seen that commercial on the Big Ten Network that reminds everyone that almost every man or woman who plays a Big Ten sport will go pro in something other than the sport they play.

In this case, I'd have to give the former "NEW" Norwood a good, solid A. He is telling the young student-athlete wannabe types the truth. Not many of them will ever sign big professional sports contracts. They had best learn how to really "book it" as well as to just be bigger, stronger, faster on the football field.

I fully support our Norwood telling the TRUTH!
We old timers have seen a lot of "hyped" potential super stars and even a lot of darn good Big Ten players who had good college careers end their careers with injury or after their last college football game. Most all of them go on right from college to make their way in life without some big nfl pay check weighing them down and keeping them from getting on with their lives in a good, honest productive way.

Teach the children what they need: readin...writing...ritmatic and they will most likely find their way to being engaged in that great American Dream: living a good life. Norwood is only being honest with these kids, hopefully their parents and all the darn coaches out there too. There probably is not too much hope for some fans though.

it's worse than that though; his ramblings also show up in the StarTrib comments section.

Top Bottom