Doogie: On Halloween eve, a truly frightening performance for the Gophers

Doogie, paragraph breaks! Come on buddy! :)

Right...and Doogie was one of the biggest Weber defenders / bobos in town. He changes his tune now?

Working on the paragraph breaks... Bleed must have internet x-ray vision... dude is fast to post links...

Stan: not exactly sticking my neck out... but stating what needs to be said/talked about... Horton said postgame... again... that he won't make a change... he needs to.

They obviously want Weber to have as many passing yards as possible so he can move in to that #3 Spot...

IF Horton...

would make a change -maybe some of us would give a chit about the Iowa game.

Horton lost what, his last 16 games at UNLV? He then went on to be tapped by coaching talents such as Scott Linehan and Tim Brewster and of course spent a year in the storied Detroit Lions organization.

What I am saying is he is a bad football coach.

Stan: not exactly sticking my neck out... but stating what needs to be said/talked about... Horton said postgame... again... that he won't make a change... he needs to.

We agree 100% on that. Serious question...I am curious as to when you stopped being a Weber apologist?

I said on another post that it was really frustrating watching Illinois roll over Purdue running the QB out of the spread over and over and over again today. I feel like we could have done the same thing with Gray.

Horton won't make a change at QB because he knows he is done at the end of this season, and he doesn't want to stir the pot. I don't think anyone knows who the true backup QB is on this team, and Horton doesn't want to add to the QB controversy for next year.

We agree 100% on that. Serious question...I am curious as to when you stopped being a Weber apologist?

I said on another post that it was really frustrating watching Illinois roll over Purdue running the QB out of the spread over and over and over again today. I feel like we could have done the same thing with Gray.

I haven't stopped... 4 offensive coordinators, a crap running game, a crap O-line, and his throwing motion being tweaked last year have all effed with his road to success... but with 3-games to go, and his career ending, let's see what Gray can do with regular snaps at QB... he has all the physical tools... let's see if the mental part translates for him.

Horton won't make a change at QB because he knows he is done at the end of this season, and he doesn't want to stir the pot. I don't think anyone knows who the true backup QB is on this team, and Horton doesn't want to add to the QB controversy for next year.

Does anyone believe that it's Alipate? The word on him = he has a long way to go... Gray has everything physically... maybe he's not the best practice QB, but let's see what he can do in a game with steady snaps.

STOP making excuses DOOOGIE

I haven't stopped... 4 offensive coordinators, a crap running game, a crap O-line, and his throwing motion being tweaked last year have all effed with his road to success... but with 3-games to go, and his career ending, let's see what Gray can do with regular snaps at QB... he has all the physical tools... let's see if the mental part translates for him.

The kid is simply not a good qb, evidence the throws into the ground, behind wide open recievers, over receivers heads, etc etc.

From a 5th year starter with 50 games under his belt.

Those items are not from coaching. It is raw talent, nothing more. And Weber lacks it.

It took me 3 years... but finally admitted on Twitter that Stanzi is a better QB... I am not letting Weber completely off-the-hook... his decision-making and accuracy have stunk this year... he has regressed ever since Decker went out with an injury last year. It has been a terrible 14 or so game run.
I WAS WRONG in many ways.

Small nitpick, 45-3 run is MUCH more likely in football than basketball. Not a great analogy, but a fair article Doogs. That was either rock bottom for me as a gopher fan, or I don't know if I can be a gopher fan anymore.

You can still be a fan... knowing that many people are involved in this hiring process, and that they're willing to go as high as $2.5, $2.6 million, maybe a tad higher per year, should land them someone respectable... and the rebuilding process will begin... the quick analogy I was attempting to make was: in a sport with a ton of points, that sort of run doesn't happen... when fully breaking down, you are likely right that a 45-3 run is more likely in a football game.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Gray

Gray needs to be in a spread offense. I dont see Gray having much success in this offense... Maybe Gray can Q and Weber can play WR...

Alipate is the biggest QB I have seen since Jared Lorenzen not sure how good he is..

It took me 3 years... but finally admitted on Twitter that Stanzi is a better QB... I am not letting Weber completely off-the-hook... his decision-making and accuracy have stunk this year... he has regressed ever since Decker went out with an injury last year. It has been a terrible 14 or so game run.
I WAS WRONG in many ways.

The things Weber is deficient in have been consistent througout his career. It is just easier to overlook when the team is winning. Decker made Weber.

Decker is really racking up the stats in the pros.

Hey Doogie remember how Horton came in and said he was from Vegas and likes to gamble? How exactly is doing exactly the same thing they did under Brewster gambling?

Someone ask him that at his next press conference. Then give him my love and wish him the best of luck at his next job at Mesa Community College.

Decker is really racking up the stats in the pros.

It very well could be that Decker is not going to be a great pro ... or even an average pro at this pace. But I think he was a great college WR. And I think there is truth to the statement that he made Weber. Or at least its true that he and Weber had a connection that Weber has not been able to replicate.

Hey Doogie remember how Horton came in and said he was from Vegas and likes to gamble? How exactly is doing exactly the same thing they did under Brewster gambling?

Someone ask him that at his next press conference. Then give him my love and wish him the best of luck at his next job at Mesa Community College.

They are throwing a bit more on 1st down... but that 3rd and 15 run last night was frustrating, especially considering who the kicker is.

Gray needs to be in a spread offense. I dont see Gray having much success in this offense... Maybe Gray can Q and Weber can play WR...

Alipate is the biggest QB I have seen since Jared Lorenzen not sure how good he is..

I think Gray could do well in an offense similar to what Ohio St. is running now with Pryor. It's not a 100% spread offense by any means. They mix things up and Pryor is doing very well in it.

I thought we opened things up pretty good early on last night. I think the first 3 passes were all over 30 yards. Later in the game, not so much.

I think Gray could do well in an offense similar to what Ohio St. is running now with Pryor. It's not a 100% spread offense by any means. They mix things up and Pryor is doing very well in it.

That's what I've been saying for a while now. Unfortunately Tim Brewster was not Jim Tressel & couldn't out how to use Gray...

Top Bottom