Doogie: Gophers staff widely outcoached Iowa's in upset victory

Thanks for the link, Bleed and thanks Doogie for the article.

I liked the very last statement: "...there's now ammo in any interoffice/school/Facebook/Twitter/e-mail/Google Plus argument with Hawkeyes fans for the next year.

Just tell them: that swine is mine."

Welcome back on the wagon Doogie.

Oh, and by the way, if you get a chance to watch a replay of the TV broadcast you will see that the receiver was open on the two point conversion that you said was a miss by the coaching staff. Shortell thew it a little late, understandable for his only play.

alchemy2u said:
Welcome back on the wagon Doogie.

Oh, and by the way, if you get a chance to watch a replay of the TV broadcast you will see that the receiver was open on the two point conversion that you said was a miss by the coaching staff. Shortell thew it a little late, understandable for his only play.

I think that was his point. Why put Shortell in for one pass?

I think that was his point. Why put Shortell in for one pass?
So they could have Gray go in motion as a distraction. Defense would be thinking "Why would they put him in at WR to not throw him the ball"

I'm 50/50 on this. Having Gray line up at WR forces Iowa to maybe overthink. OSU did this with Pryor before.

zambam said:
So they could have Gray go in motion as a distraction. Defense would be thinking "Why would they put him in at WR to not throw him the ball"

Yeah, I didn't feel strongly about it either way. I just think that's what Doohie was getting at.

I liked the play. It was open. Shortell just didn't get him the ball. Shortell has proven he can come in and throw the ball before. No reason to think he couldn't do it again. Got to have faith in your players.

Top Bottom