Don't think were getting Hoke

Reaction score
If stanford needs a coach, Hoke is considered to be the frontrunner. He would be able to stay close to home there, and keep his recruiting connections. Lots of speculation that if Harbaugh stayed at Stanford, and RichRod was fired, they too have Hoke at the top of their list. He coached 8 years at Michigan under loyd carr.

If stanford needs a coach, Hoke is considered to be the frontrunner. He would be able to stay close to home there, and keep his recruiting connections. Lots of speculation that if Harbaugh stayed at Stanford, and RichRod was fired, they too have Hoke at the top of their list. He coached 8 years at Michigan under loyd carr.

Fine - let's get Mendenhall. I don't think that Harbaugh is going to Michigan, at least not yet. We'll see.

I just don't get why Rodriguez would be fired. Steady improvement each year. Bowl game this year with a young team. Has arguably the most exciting player in the country, and the kid still has a ton of upside. Good recruiting classes every year. Has proven the ability to build and then maintain excellence everywhere he has been. Forget whether you like him as a person or not. The guy can build a program.

If he is fired, I hope Minnesota hires him immediately so we can watch Gray explode.

If stanford needs a coach, Hoke is considered to be the frontrunner. He would be able to stay close to home there, and keep his recruiting connections.

Close to home???

He has spent 90+% of his playing/coaching career in the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana. He's been in San Diego for 2 seasons, has lived there for literally 22 months. Closer to home is Minnesota, or as you mentioned Michigan.

We can definetly get someone better. Don't need him!

Close to home???

He has spent 90+% of his playing/coaching career in the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana. He's been in San Diego for 2 seasons, has lived there for literally 22 months. Closer to home is Minnesota, or as you mentioned Michigan.

Him and his family have lived there the past several years, and he recruits mostly out of the area. This would be considered his home now. If you go on national football boards Hoke is the hot name with a lot of programs. He would be an awesome hire, just don't think it's going to happen.

Him and his family have lived there the past several years, and he recruits mostly out of the area.

So Hoke lived in San Diego while he was the HC at Ball St.? That's one hell of a commute.

And what does one's recruiting area have to do with where their home is? Does Kevin Cosgrove make his home in St. Louis?

So Hoke lived in San Diego while he was the HC at Ball St.? That's one hell of a commute.

And what does one's recruiting area have to do with where their home is? Does Kevin Cosgrove make his home in St. Louis?

You are not getting what I'm saying though. The fact he wouldn't have to move his family far if at all, may push him towards a Stanford job that is already a better job. It's not like i'm saying he would stay at SDSU over Minnesota.

You are not getting what I'm saying though. The fact he wouldn't have to move his family far if at all, may push him towards a Stanford job that is already a better job. It's not like i'm saying he would stay at SDSU over Minnesota.

BucktheFadgers you gotta just stop at this point you're completely wrong.

Pull a map out and tell me how far the commute from San Diego is to Palo Alto.

how about san diego to minneapolis?

When you're talking about moving the family they obviously aren't staying in San Diego if he were to take the Stanford job so it doesn't really matter one way or the other. Staying "close to home" according to you would be like comparing Bo Pelini staying "close to home" if he were to take the Minnesota job if he were to leave (not saying he would obviously its just a distance comparison.) Lincoln and Minneapolis are roughly the same distance from each other that San Diego and Palo Alto are.

He prob would take a pay cut at Stanford. When will folks realize that Stanford does not pay big money.

Top Bottom