Don't forget your toe warmers

maroonfive

Reaction score
This may be the coldest game at the bank yet. The finale against Iowa 2 years ago was freezing. My toes were the only thing that really got cold. They get mixed reviews. I hope they work.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy put warmers in his socks that game and got 2nd degree burns.

Any stories from the equipment managers on what the players will be wearing to keep warm? I'm assuming there is new stuff out there.

SmartWool Ultra-thin wicking socks with a second layer of socks?

2nd degree burns? Was he drunk?

And they do make foot warmers. I got a pair at Gander for Saturday.

Pretty sure you aren't supposed to put them in your socks...

Actually, just like they make the hand warming packets, they have the exact same thing for your feet. The only difference, really, is the size of the little packet. You can buy them by the box at just about any drugstore or Target, KMart, etc. My employees probably use 20 of them a day in the winter and there is no chance of harm short of something silly, like ingestion.

Any stories from the equipment managers on what the players will be wearing to keep warm? I'm assuming there is new stuff out there.

Channel 4 did something this week. You can Google it - that is how I found it. Nothing too different tho.

I'm going to use the hand warmers I got at the Penn State game. (never used em)

I use battery powered socks that can be bought at Fleet Farm. Hunters use them

Toe warmers are your ticket. Now when I say toe warmers I mean toe warmers, there is a big difference between toe warmers and hand warmers! Never ever put hand warmers in your shoe or boots etc. as that could lead to problems and never put the toe warmers directly onto your skin. You can buy a pair of toe warmers for less than $2.00 and that is all you will need for the game as they last about 4 hours. Money well spent and if used properly, as one poster stated above, there is literally no chance of harm. I have used them countless times while hunting and believe me if you can keep your feet warm that goes a long ways to keeping your whole body warm.
Go Gophers!

Really. 2nd degree. Let's end this one.

img0044.jpg

A fine layer of inebriation should probably do the trick, but if luck holds out and i am able to get field passes, i will be dancing and mascot-ing to stay warm.

Top Bottom