Don't blame Walker.

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Sure he missed the kick. But he never should have been in that position. This one is on PJ and his minions as they clearly failed the team. I don't want to hear one word about culture and RT fuck....boat.

This is a low point for Gopher football. Bottom feeders once again.

Mike Sanford Jr. is a joke. HORRIBLE PLAY CALLING. NO IMAGINATION. AND THE DEFENSE IS A JOKE.. Are they ever going to pass to the tight ends? Why did Jackson disappear. Awful coaching. Row the boat fast cuz we are sinking

The blame is all on PJ....After 4 years the defense shouldn't look like a middle school team

The coaching was the issue, not the kicker. Anyone saying otherwise is delusional. Hindsight is 20/20, but you can't blame anyone else for sending out a kicker with no experience rather than going for two with an offense that put up 44 points.

Walker's job was to make the kick. Fail.
The coaches' jobs were to keep Walker from being in that position based on last week's performance. FAIL

Most don't blame Walker. He never should have been in that position. The Gopher's never should have even been in that position. Coaching was absolutely brutal. Maryland sold out to defend the run and the Gophers could have won easily by opening up the passing game with their all big ten QB and WR. Instead, they played right into the hands of Maryland.

One of the worst coached games I have ever seen.

With the way our defense was playing on the road (yeah, I know no fans), you lay the game on making a 2 point conversion after our OT TD. You don't make it, we'd get it.

Nope not gonna blame him, S happens. Rotten luck it seems in that Stadium. IT sucks that it came down to overtime, because looked like with the three score lead the Gophers had the game in hand. Couldn't contain the QB and that Funk ran through some wide open lanes and people seemed afraid to tackle him. Dudes a load but he ran through a lot of arm tackles. Just a crappy ending to a football game.

Nope not gonna blame him, S happens. Rotten luck it seems in that Stadium. IT sucks that it came down to overtime, because looked like with the three score lead the Gophers had the game in hand. Couldn't contain the QB and that Funk ran through some wide open lanes and people seemed afraid to tackle him. Dudes a load but he ran through a lot of arm tackles. Just a crappy ending to a football game.
This is the least talented gopher defense I have ever seen...
Mason, Wacker, Salem all had bad ones but at least they had some NFL talent sprinkled in there...Boye Mafe is the only guy with a shred of athleticism on the entire defense.

with the way the D has played, a 3 score game going into the 4th quarter was not big enough. Yet our play calling at that point made it seem like our coaching staff felt the game was in hand.

Walker gets a ton of blame. He missed an f'ing extra point. If your argument is the Gophers never should have been in that position I agree with you, but missing an extra point is unacceptable. Period.
The defense gave up 700 yards and the offense quit in the 4th quarter....Walker could have missed every extra point and we still should have beaten that awful team by 20.

This is the least talented gopher defense I have ever seen...
Mason, Wacker, Salem all had bad ones but at least they had some NFL talent sprinkled in there...Boye Mafe is the only guy with a shred of athleticism on the entire defense.

I think you are exaggerating some.
I don't think those Salem teams and Wacker teams had much NFL talent.
Our current defense that started tonight might have two guys who play NFL downs.

I don't remember any Salem teams or Wacker teams that had two NFL players at the same time.

Lamanzer Williams is still one the best DEs we have ever had....There is nobody on this D roster that comes close to being an NFL impact player....
He also played with Rodney Heath who played in the NFL.

The coaching was the issue, not the kicker. Anyone saying otherwise is delusional. Hindsight is 20/20, but you can't blame anyone else for sending out a kicker with no experience rather than going for two with an offense that put up 44 points.
He had already kicked 5 XPs in that game (and a chipshot FG!), maybe they wore him out. Take it easy on the touchdowns next time.

Sure he missed the kick. But he never should have been in that position. This one is on PJ and his minions as they clearly failed the team. I don't want to hear one word about culture and RT fuck....boat.

This is a low point for Gopher football. Bottom feeders once again.

Easy, your reacting a bit too much but you are 100 percent allowed. This program has had competency in defense for at least the last 7 years or so. Building a matching offense. We definitely have lost oar here and are putting the most incompetent defense out there since the Brew era.

Now we don’t have to worry about PJ going to ND. Shucks

Not the kicker and not the offense.

Defense solely to blame.

The blame is all on PJ....After 4 years the defense shouldn't look like a middle school team
With the way our defense was playing on the road (yeah, I know no fans), you lay the game on making a 2 point conversion after our OT TD. You don't make it, we'd get it.
with the way the D has played, a 3 score game going into the 4th quarter was not big enough. Yet our play calling at that point made it seem like our coaching staff felt the game was in hand.
The defense gave up 700 yards and the offense quit in the 4th quarter....Walker could have missed every extra point and we still should have beaten that awful team by 20.
Easy, your reacting a bit too much but you are 100 percent allowed. This program has had competency in defense for at least the last 7 years or so. Building a matching offense. We definitely have lost oar here and are putting the most incompetent defense out there since the Brew era.
Minnesota's defense has faced 25 drives through two games and only forced two punts total. Two.

The offense shares some blame. Went into a shell the entire 4th quarter.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't enjoy the fact that we punted on all three of our drives in the 4th qtr.

But we scored five TDs and a FG in the six drives prior to those three.

If you can't win with that kind of production ..... that's on the defense.

Happy to leave it at agree to disagree.

We now have a two game sample - not a lot of evidence - but enough to make the claim that we probably need to score 50 points to win. So, we should be shooting for 50 points each game. If we try that and score only 40, maybe our defense will rise to the occasion and hold the opposition to 38.

The offense shares some blame. Went into a shell the entire 4th quarter.

Yes, PJ & Company were operating under an obsolete perspective. They thought 38 points was enough to win if they limited Maryland's possession time.

Minnesota's defense has faced 25 drives through two games and only forced two punts total. Two.
i wouldn’t even call last night’s punt “forced”. Maryland should have gone for it on 4th down.

Walker gets a ton of blame. He missed an f'ing extra point. If your argument is the Gophers never should have been in that position I agree with you, but missing an extra point is unacceptable. Period.

This.

Offense didn’t quit, offensive coordinator just refused to deviate from same three plays.

Top Bottom