Done Deal

GoldenRodents

Reaction score
WZZM 13 On Your SideVerified account
‏@wzzm13
ITS OFFICIAL: PJ Fleck is leaving WMU for Minnesota head coach position.

ROW THE BOAT up lake michigan, through the superior and down I-35

Looks like Coyle had identified who he wanted over 1.5 weeks ago and got him props

Fantastic if true. Huge step forward.

Good. Despite the reservations of the WCCO crowd, we need a talker/salesman for this program right now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There are many lakes here on which to row...

Good. Despite the reservations of the WCCO crowd, we need a talker/salesman for this program right now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mike Max and our favorite Dave Lee this morning.

Max: "I talked to a lot of people yesterday and reports are sketchy." To Max credit he did clarify that was in his past. He also stated that one Big Ten Coach hoped MN would hire him. Alluding that it won't go well. Also said that people are opinionated about him. Used the term coaching fraternity, which I hate.

Dave Lee: Goes with the 30-22 isn't very impressive angle. 13 wins came this year. Ok Dave, you can look at it that way or you can say 29 wins in 3 seasons.

Mike Max and our favorite Dave Lee this morning.

Max: "I talked to a lot of people yesterday and reports are sketchy." To Max credit he did clarify that was in his past. He also stated that one Big Ten Coach hoped MN would hire him. Alluding that it won't go well. Also said that people are opinionated about him. Used the term coaching fraternity, which I hate.

Dave Lee: Goes with the 30-22 isn't very impressive angle. 13 wins came this year. Ok Dave, you can look at it that way or you can say 29 wins in 3 seasons.

I heard Max say similar things last night. My take was that other coaches think that PJ is a jack ass. That doesn't surprise me since I think PJ is a jack ass, too. Most coaches are to some degree. He's our jack ass now and I hope he leads us to great success. I expect that fans of other schools won't like him and segments of our market won't either.

Max also referred vaguely to some big story on Fleck, unrelated to our negotiations with him, that might break soon and could kill the whole deal. He didn't share any details and it's Maxie, so it could be totally fabricated. Did he make any further reference to that today?

Top Bottom