Domino #2 set to fall - Colorado. Domino #3 possibly Kansas.

Technically if the timeline is correct, Colorado would be domino #1.

Big news if the Kansas rumor is true. That would save them, hell, even upgrade their status.

Technically, Herbie Husker was domino numero uno

semantics in the grand scheme. Kansas State and Iowa State are going to be the red-headed stepchild.

ISU and KSU are royally boned if the rumors are true. KSU has been trying to latch themselves to KU, but if they ditch for the SEC without the Wildcats, seems that KSU would be stuck in the MWC or equivalent. ISU to the ... MAC? They're insanely screwed in this situation.

I don't think we have any clue how many dominoes there are out there waiting to fall over. The landscape could be unrecognizable when the dust clears. The better teams in all the non BCS conferences have got to be thinking that this is a golden opportunity to move up in the world. Its a shame that Iowa State doesn't add new territory to the Big Ten, I think they would be a decent addition.

But falling to the MAC would be to fall all the way down. I have to imagine that they will be part of a conference formed out of the ashes of the Big 12, the top of the MAC and the WAC. But the ships are sinking, and those that jump off first will do better.

I've heard no one talk about Conference USA. (I dislike that name, it doesn't sound like a real conference name, but that's not quite relevant.) Could some teams in C-USA be looking to move up, or might C-USA grab up teams like ISU and KSU? For a time, it looked like C-USA might become the next BCS conference, but then the Big East raided it.

Or maybe a "Texahoma Conference" could be formed.

Top Bottom