Does Pirisig have the inside scoop on McDonald?-links rivals(Pirsig)Scout(recruiting)

Jon

Reaction score
Scout; Midwest Recruiting Notebook
“Minnesota kept their state's top prospect, a four-star player with many other BCS offers, and a prospect with a lot of upside this weekend with Blue Earth offensive tackle Jonah Pirsig.
I had a chance to watch him in two games on film as well as his highlight tape. I came away impressed with how light on his feet he was for a 6'9, 305-lb kid. He can pass block right now too. His team runs it a little more than they pass it, but it's no Wing-T. He does pass block in high school.
I think he can improve at playing nastier. He's so big and it sometimes seems easy for him out there, but I wanted to see him dominate a little more and bury some defenders more than he did. That said, upside is high here and for the Gophers to get him and beat out Ohio State, Michigan

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/1091121.html

Does Pirisig have the inside scoop on McDonald?
Rivals; Pirsig
"I would not say that they were pushing me, but guys like Maxx Williams and Philip Nelson were gently persuasive. I have gotten to know Maxx, Philip, Isaac Hayes, and Andre McDonald really well and I am excited to play with those guys. It made it easier to make my decision knowing that I would be going to school with guys I know and who I like. I am excited to play with them at Minnesota. Now I am going to be joining them in helping the coaches to close out this class with the best players we can get. We are on the right path at Minnesota and I will do what I can to help get us there."
http://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1246428

I see what your saying here....It would be nice, but I wouldnt put to much thought into it....I think he was just throwin out the names, not that McDonald has "re-made" his decision.

I see what your saying here....It would be nice, but I wouldnt put to much thought into it....I think he was just throwin out the names, not that McDonald has "re-made" his decision.

Something more than "throwing out names," but something less than a coded message. I think Pirsig meant exactly what he said.

Top Bottom