Does Markus Allen mean a Gophers WR is going to the portal??

Does it have to be a WR?

Maybe not, but there's always portal movement these days. That's the new normal.

PJ said you should now expect the unexpected with the portal.

There were going to be Gopher WR enter the portal regardless. Does this mean another one? Maybe.

Didn't a few portal out last year? Not sure there needs to be more this year, but likely will have some leave.

We've had at least 4 leave since 2020 and Wright is the only WR we've brought in.

Didn't a few portal out last year? Not sure there needs to be more this year, but likely will have some leave.

We've had at least 4 leave since 2020 and Wright is the only WR we've brought in.
Boyd was the one I remember most.

Not to be a debbie downer, but Markus Allen was UW's MBS.
Well, that’s a bummer to hear. The over-evaluation of “measurables” with wideouts has always bugged me. I don’t care how fast he can run (Troy Williamson), how high he can jump, how much he can bench, even how well he can run routes etc., if he doesn’t flat-out catch the ball like he has glue on his hands. Of course all those things matter, too, but catching well is first.

Well, that’s a bummer to hear. The over-evaluation of “measurables” with wideouts has always bugged me. I don’t care how fast he can run (Troy Williamson), how high he can jump, how much he can bench, even how well he can run routes etc., if he doesn’t flat-out catch the ball like he has glue on his hands. Of course all those things matter, too, but catching well is first.
Can you get consistent separation and can you consistently catch the ball?
Really the only 2 things I care about for WR.

Hey, a change of scenery can do a lot of people good. He might feel Wisconsin screwed him over and will have that chip on his shoulder the rest of his career. I think there's talent there, he just needs to execute. A bunch of my Badger friends were VERY high on him in their spring/fall camps. Who knows what happened between the ears between then and the season.

Well, the WR group needs a boost. Besides Jackson, not much consistency and too many drops.

Great hands should be the #1 requirement. If someone has to go, I hope it’s MBS, as he did not display great hands this season.
I don't get this. MBS good blocker. Say's nothing bad about Gophers, and seems well liked by teammates. Stop knocking the guy. He plays hard and runs good routes.

I don't get this. MBS good blocker. Say's nothing bad about Gophers, and seems well liked by teammates. Stop knocking the guy. He plays hard and runs good routes.
Yeah, I have been critical of his drops this year, but I certainly don't wish him gone. He has shown he can get open and maybe with an off-season focused on catching, he can improve.

I could see mbs going to play with little bro....
One could only hope.... He's had too many key drops and the clank off his hands in the end-zone that potentially cost us the game vs Ill. Not by itself, but large contribution to that loss...

According to 247, 7 Minnesota players labeled as Wide Receivers transferred out in 2022. Two or three of them I never heard of though.

According to 247, we had 23 outbound transfers against 8 inbound transfers in 2022.

In 2021, there were 12 outbound and 7 inbound.

Top Bottom