Do the Gophers need a new PG?

Cooper is the only capable guard we have on this team. He has his limitations with his size and speed, but he has provided a lot of consistent minutes for this team. Definitely an odd guy to single out on this team.
Cooper on a good shooting team would be a solid point guard because of his pass first mentality. Problem is the team really needs a shoot first point guard at the moment because of the poor shooting from the majority of the other guys.

So frustrating to watch other teams be able to knock down those late in the shot clock 3's or have that guy spot up and drill it seemingly everytime while we rarely seem to be able to hit that big shot even when the passing is good and the look is solid.

Last edited:

one of the slowest guards i have watched at the big ten level.
last night he lost ground to a Illinois player who was dribbling on a coast to coast layup.

he wouldnt be missed if he decided to move on

I don't think your first two statements make the last one true.

Despite the things you've pointed out, he is still one of our better players and the only thing resembling a PG on the roster.

He’s our best three point shooter, 2nd in offensive efficiency, leads the team in steals and blocks, and is among the top in assists in the league.

Yes, but his shooting has collapsed in recent weeks (26.9% field goal percentage over the last seven games) and seems to behave recently like he no longer believes he's any good. I've been a fan most of the season but I have to acknowledge that he has taken a dive.

Thinking about this post for the past few hours...
Do we need a new contributer

Tony Leiberts stats the past 2 games

1 gross overreaction to a freshmans boxscore
To many click bait tweets to inflate his "great basketball mind"

1 jump on the "we need a new point guard" bandwagon tweet
And again all the click bait tweets.....

We should sign the guy who was masquerading in the Talon Cooper suit yesterday!

Top Bottom