DL65's 8th Annual GopherHole Unscientific Survey

# of years as a Gopher fan: 32
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Edina
Current Address: Eden Prairie
Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. from Minnesota
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football & Hockey

What do you like about the GopherHole website? The sarcastic humor (we've all been beaten down so much, all you can do is laugh sometimes), good inside info, recruiting info (even when it's stolen from GopherIllustrated), just staying up to date on the program.
What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Perhaps a video highlights section.
(Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Bob_Loblaw, Studwell55, Norman Dale, the original Kelly Leaks & Tipsy McStagger, dpodoll, BleedGopher. And always appreciative of DL65's Sports Huddle updates.
What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football 90% of the time. Basketball browse but rarely post. More of a hockey guy.
Do you participate in the social media? Twitter & Facebook.

FUN QUESTIONS
What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Buffalo Chicken Dip, breakfast burritos for 11AM games, otherwise just standard burgers/brats/hot dogs with chips.
Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Bobby Jackson, Thomas Vanek, Queis, Tramaine Brock
Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Football-Ryan Keller, Tony Patterson, Matt Spaeth, Hockey-Matt Koalska, Casey Hankinson, Thomas Vanek, Keith Ballard & Jon Waibel.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 32
• Minnesota Native: Yes
• Hometown: Hollandale (small town near Albert Lea)
• Current Address: Apple Valley
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA Luther College
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, Football

GOPHERHOLE WEBSITE QUESTIONS
• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Football discussion, good information available quickly
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented?
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Don't have one
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football and Basketball Forums
• Do you participate in the social media? A little

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Homemade soft baked pretzels with jalapeno cheddar cheese sauce, stuffed burgers, egg mcmuffin sandwiches for breakfast
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? M. Gray or Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? T. Carter or Decker

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 28, or as long as I can remeber. :)
• Minnesota Native: YES
• Hometown: Wheaton, MN
• Current Address: Lake Traverse, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Univeristy of Minnesota, Twin Cities
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Season Tix for Football - B-ball, once game a year.
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, Season Tickets for Football since Colleg

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Discussion on a multitude of Gopher topics. I mostly stick to the football board though.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Maybe the ability to "Like"/"Dislike" posts within a forum? I think that would be kind of cool.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Bleed, DL65, Bob_Loblaw, DpoDoll, GophersInIowa, Sportsfan24 (even though I disagree with him most of the time) in no specific order of course. :)
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Mostly the Football Forum. Trying to post more on B-ball, Hockey and others recently though.
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram mainly.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? I love breakfast burritos for tailgating. At home, chips and dips and wings. Pretty standard
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Tutu Atwell (When I was a kid) or Rodney Williams (More Recently).
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Boy, that is a tough one. I will go each individual sport. B-ball, hands down, Bobby Jackson. Football, Marion Barber III, Eric Decker or Marquies Gray (Mostly for beating the Hawkeyes TWICE during dismal seasons at Home and giving me some GREAT memories at those games.)

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 29
• Hometown: Andover
• Current Address: Mankato
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Architecture; Minneosta, M.Arch; Univ. of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Soon to be Football

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? The amazing content and knowledgeable frequent posters. Somehow the trolling is kept to a minimum as well.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Upgraded look to the message boards threads and reply boxes
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? DL65 and Dr. Don
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football the most. Basketball second, post occasionally on both
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes, facebook and twitter

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? I always do a hangover scramble for 11am kickoff and chili for the colder games
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? I was amazed as a kid at Bobby Jackson. Brian Bonin was fun to watch as well
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? MBIII and Maroney running over everyone

• # of years as a Gopher fan: 45
• Hometown: Austin
• Current Address: Plymouth
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Mankato State
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yesl
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Football insight
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? None
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? DL65
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Gopher Hole
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes but limited

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Tailgates - Spam & Pineapple Kabobs - Caribean Jerk ribs
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Laurence Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rick Upchurch

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: Lifetime of fun and games.
• Hometown: Edina
• Current Address: Stillwater
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA from Augsburg College
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No. Hockey yes
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No.

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Getting my Gopher fix everyday with great news.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? The pop up ads stink.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Only Gopherholers who come in my store. ;)
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football and Hockey
• Do you participate in the social media? Sadly, Facebook and Twitter.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? BQ
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Tom Nevers
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Robb Stauber or Neal Broten

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 15
• Hometown: Brooklyn Park
• Current Address: St. Louis Park
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS U of M
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football, basketball, and hockey
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Talking with Gopher fans; seeing different opinions and analysis; GL's press conference notes
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Don't particularly care for the "All things..." threads, because I think it's inconvenient to have to go through a lot of pages if you're looking for certain info or updates.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? SelectionSunday; Bob_Loblaw; GophersInIowa
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football and basketball
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Champagne--a bottle before the game and a bottle after a win
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Just to be different: Ernie Wheelwright
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Nate Schmidt; Damian Johnson (he'd always introduce himself when he first came out for warm-ups, in his Louisiana drawl: "At forward, 6-7, from Thibodaux, Louisiana, #34, Damiaaaaaaan JOHNson!" It was fantastic.)

PAULSER21

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 22
• Hometown: PRESTON
• Current Address: KANSAS CITY, MO
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement - UW-La Crosse / Winona St
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Attempt
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: NO

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? It keeps me up to date on all things Gopher Football. Living in Missouri, I can only get my information from what I read on Star Trib or Pioneer Press. The GopherHole keeps me in the loop with all of needed info.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Limit hijacked threads or constant bickering. Give people a warning and boot people abusing the threads. The admin needs to be more involved.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football
• Do you participate in the social media? Facebook

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Kansas City knows BBQ. If I'm feeling it I will smoke some country style pork ribs.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Voshon Lenard

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 31
• Minnesota Native: yes
• Hometown: Breckenridge
• Current Address: Minnetonka
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): Concordia College Moorhead B.A., St. Thomas MBA

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Gathering spot for Gopher news, links, and conversation
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? None
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Sports Huddle recap

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)?
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Kevin Whaley
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Decker

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan:39
• Minnesota Native:yes
• Hometown:Apple Valley
• Current Address: Eagan
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s):BS Marketing - Mankato St
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: yes
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball:football

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? recruiting info
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented?
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster?
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? just this one, rarely post
• Do you participate in the social media? a little bit

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)?
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?Ray Williams in hoops
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Mychal Thompson in bball, Rickie Foggie in fball

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 37
• Hometown: KASSON, MN
• Current Address: KASSON, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): MS Sport Administration - UW-La Crosse (2002) BS - Secondary Education, Composite Social Sciences- Winona St (1994)
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes for football and we attend multiple games in other sports (both revenue and non-revenue)
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: YES

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? I appreciate the time and effort put in for Sunday Sports Huddle, insight many provide, any good-natured humor, and information regarding recruiting and /or events.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? I'd like to see an annual "Goldies" Awards event sponsored by GopherHole at a football Tailgate. This would market GopherHole to other fans, would add an element of fun, and I would enjoy meeting some of my favorite posters in person. "Here are the nominees for {insert any category}: most humorous post, most informational post, favorite Gopherholer, favorite newbie, etc." I think that would be a ton of fun - IMO
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? There are many who I enjoy reading. They include, but are not limited to the following: GophersInIowa, DL65, WestCoastGopher11, Bob_Loblaw, Dr. Don, and GopherInPitt.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football
• Do you participate in the social media? I follow Twitter a bit

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Wings, Taco-Dip, and Brat Burgers
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Like some others, Lawrence Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Too many to list

Lars2809

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 15
• Hometown: Roseville, MN
• Current Address: Saint Paul, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS in Kinesiology from University of Minnesota - 2009; Doctorate of Physical Therapy from University of Minnesota - 2012

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Updates on recruits, good place to find gopher-related articles
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Planning/organizing activities at local establishments for away games, as well as tailgating meeting spots at home games.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Dpodoll68, BleedGopher
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football and basketball regularly
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes - Twitter (@PeteyPT) & Facebook

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? jalapeno poppers, beer
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Laurence Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Laurence Maroney (football), Bobby Jackson (basketball)

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 35
• Hometown: NW Suburb
• Current Address: NW Suburb
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S - University of Kansas; M.B.A - San Diego State University
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, both

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? I love sharing my passion for the maroon and gold with so many die-hards; the inside info, analysis, humor, articles, etc. are second to none. The community here keeps growing and getting better and better.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? It's nice to see more lurkers turning into posters, but always hoping for more.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Too many to name. There are some great personalities on this site, some very informed and inside the program posters, some great analysis, well-researched, etc.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? I visit them all. Where there's a link to provide, I'll find the correct forum!
• Do you participate in the social media? Love Twitter. Can't stand FBook and have only gone on my wife's account like twice and it's a constant brag fest by people.

FUN QUESTIONS
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Football: Laurence Maroney Basketball: Rodney Williams
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Football: Tyrone Carter Basketball: Bobby Jackson

Go Gophers!!

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 11
• Minnesota Native: No
• Hometown: Yankton, SD
• Current Address: Chicago, IL
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS - CSOM

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Lots of insights you can't find elsewhere.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? A mobile version of the website. I like to check it on my phone, but it's a terrible experience.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Anyone that keeps a positive outlook (even when things aren't going well)
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Mostly Football forum, basketball on occasion. This is my second post, but I've visited regularly for 5 years.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Jalapeno Cheddar Brats & Pepperoni Cream Cheese Dip
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Maroney

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 40
• Hometown: Western Springs, Il
• Current Address: Arlington, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Nebraska
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Wide range of info, sensible discussion
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? More where are they now
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? GopherLady
• Do you participate in the social media? No

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Pulled Pork
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Noel Jenke
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?[/QUOTE] Darrell Thompson

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 18 (and counting)
• Hometown: Spring Green, WI
• Current Address: West Bend, WI
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS in Geology (U of Minn-Twin Cities); MS in Geology (in-progress, UW-Milwaukee)

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Enjoy interacting with other committed fans, like to share/hear differing opinions
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Nothing immediately comes to mind, things are pretty streamlined for me.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? So many good ones, and for different reasons. I seem to get along with E.Bigelow best!
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Fooball and basketball regularly, hockey and off-topic boards occasionally
• Do you participate in the social media? Twitter only.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Love a traditional tailgate with sausages/burgers/beers, but favorite drink at Gopher tailgates has become the Whiskey-ginger ale, e-z on the ginger ale. Also a big fan of anything very hot and spicy.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Basketball - Bobby Jackson; Football - Ben West (just kidding) - Lawrence Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Basketball - Courtney James; Football - Eric Decker

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan:43
• Minnesota Native:Y
• Hometown:Rochester
• Current Address: Las Vegas, NV
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): Luther College - BA; U of South Carolina - MS, PhD
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: football for the last several years (either a bowl game or at TCF). I hate to admit it, but I never saw the Gophers play a game in the dome.

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? the info and interesting takes that people have on the team's performance.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? None off the top of my head.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Gopherlady; DL; there used to be a poster named Gopher83 or something like that, he was a very clever writer; Bleed; many others.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? FB, we get a lot of Gopher hockey games on TV out here, so I will occasionally visit the hockey page.
• Do you participate in the social media? FB

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? not much of a tailgater.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? boy, hard to say.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Billy Cockerham. He is the only Gopher QB I can remember who led us to to great comeback victory (Michigan State in '99?). By comeback I mean a game where I have said "this game is a loss," and he still brought us back. He was also instrumental in the great win at Penn State, but we were in that game the whole way, not really a comeback.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 25
• Hometown: Franklin
• Current Address: Willmar
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): Biology, SMSU
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: unfortunately not
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball:no

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? news, info and debate I don't get anywhere else
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? a button to ban trolls automatically
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? don't really have a fave but like Bleed's contributions
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? FB and BB
• Do you participate in the social media? yes

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? none
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?Richard Coffey

Station19 (no affiliation with the real one)

DEMOGRAPHICS
# of years as a Gopher fan: 52 yrs
Minnesota Native: Y
Hometown: Alexandria, MN
Current Address: Alexandria, MN
Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA Business and Economics Moorhead State College
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Try to
Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Formerly for BB

What do you like about the GopherHole website? All the info, discussion and friendly banter.
What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? That Total Sports thing at the top of the page is tacky at best.
(Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Too many to mention, but special tip of the hat to Bleed for all his links.
What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? BB, FB and OT.
Do you participate in the social media? FB account but never post.

FUN QUESTIONS
(GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Red meat and good gin.
Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? One of the gymnasts, though not in person. How do they do that?
(Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Lou Hudson and Bobby Jackson.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 35+
• Hometown: North Mpls
• Current Address: Twin Cities
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): The U
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, both
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Love the site. Was a long time lurker, now post. Not a bad thing about it.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? More lurkers should start posting. It's fun! Also Dr. Don is madening. Dude, just let people talk about the Gophers. That's why we're all here.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? So many: Monty519, gopherprof, station19, Bob Loblaw, Unregistered User, Ogee, DL65, Gopher07, Highway, SelectionSunday, GopherWarrior, MadtownGopher, Mulligan, Rouser, tikited, GoldVision
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? I visit them all.
• Do you participate in the social media? I follow GH's twitter and fbook

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Ribs!
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? No one has ever been as athletic as Rodney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Ray Wililams

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan:23
• Minnesota Native:Ubetcha
• Hometown: Bloomington
• Current Address:Wayzata
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s):BS Finance St. Thomas
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year:Yeah
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball:Football, attend a lot of bball games but not STH

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? The information for everything Gopher related, not just recruiting etc.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? The banning of posters who hijack almost every thread with their constant bickering unrelated to the Gophers. Automatic ban if you complain about spelling or grammar because who honestly cares?
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? BleedGopher
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? FB and read BB don't post their too much
• Do you participate in the social media? Y

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Wine coolers and Daiquiris!
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Tyrone Carter, MBIII, and Maroney
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Tyrone, MBIII, Maroney, and Decker

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 10
• Hometown: Lakeville, MN
• Current Address: Prior Lake, MN
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Mechanical Engineering, University of MN - TC, Currently enrolled in MBA, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes for both
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes - football, attend random bball games

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Recruiting news I would otherwise have to scour the internet for, insight to games/strategy, historical nuggets, different takes on sports-related issues, the staff articles on pre-game info, post-game analysis etc
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Less moving of threads by admins - it's confusing when one thread (even if slightly related to an existing one) is moved (you also end up with 56 page long threads impossible to follow).
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Many, but to highlight 2 that come to mind immediately: GoAUpher, Schnauzer (very moderate, rarely rude, insightful information). Some others include DL65, Bleed for his links.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football by far and away the most, Basketball maybe 10-15% of my visits.
• Do you participate in the social media? The social media.... yes. I follow all the relevant UMN accounts on Twitter, GopherHole, Nadine, but shy away from following recruits or individuals for the most part. I "like" some GopherSports on facebook.

FUN QUESTIONS
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Most athletic is kinda vague... I'd say Phil Kessel or Thomas Vanek had some of the most raw hockey talent I've seen through the U... I dunno on the football side Decker was an all around athlete and also extremely skilled at his position. Have to go with him.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Decker. Perfect route running, great hands, not afraid to take a hit, blocked like a champ, played through many injuries, and was a classy dude.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 14
• Hometown: Fresno, CA
• Current Address: New Orleans, LA
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA, University of Minnesota

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Best way to keep track of Gopher sports from out of state, and get a respite from the barrage of SEC talk that surrounds me.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Eliminate the off-topic board, which has provided nothing remotely worthwhile in its existence. But since there are a certain few who spend 14 hours a day trolling that board, I realize it would result in fewer page views.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? DetlafWithTheEssenHaus
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football to post, basketball to browse.
• Do you participate in the social media? I follow Gophers sports on Facebook and Twitter, but only as a way to stay informed, not to participate.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? We sometimes go with themes based on the opponent - Chicago dogs for Northwestern, orange chicken for Syracuse, etc.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rodney Williams
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Miles Tarver

Demographics:
# years a Gopher fan: 46 years
MN native: yes
Hometown: St. Paul
Current address: central FL
Post Secondary Degree: BA from CLA ('71)
Attend at least one football game per year: yes
Season ticket holder: football (1976-2005)

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: Pretty much as long as I can remember
• Current Address: NE Mpls
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. from UofM
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes (and Hockey)

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Recruiting info/speculation. Gloating after wins, and avoiding the web site after losses
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Eh, it's free. Who am I to complain.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? There are too many to name.
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football/Basketball (Off-Topic when I'm feeling masochistic).
• Do you participate in the social media? I monitor Twitter.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Beer.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rodney Williams
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Larry Olimb, Brian Bonin, Jordan Leopold, Thomas Vanek, Jeff Taffe, Bobby Jackson, Charles Thomas, Moroney and Barber.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 40
• Hometown: Little Falls
• Current Address: Elk River
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Accounting - Bemidji State
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Former Ticket Holder - Two kids in college restricted funds.

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Talking the Gophers, The varied opinions.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Nothing right now.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? I like Sportsfan24, dpodoll, DL65, Bob_Loblaw
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Basketball and Football
• Do you participate in the social media? no though I read the tweets and enjoy them.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Chicken Quesdillas.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Basketball - Rodney Football - Rick Upchurch - he could fly.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Basketball - Mychal Thompson Football - Maroney

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 45
• Hometown: St. Paul
• Current Address: Eagan
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): St. Paul College

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Interviews and discussions
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Graphic Ads only - no video
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? GopherLady - Nadine's post game locker room stuff rivals Amelia & Marcus
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football, Basketball, Hockey & Other (especially during VB season)
• Do you participate in the social media? Yes, follow me on twitter @SkiUMahGopher

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? I am ususally at a bar or will bring cookies to the tailgate or party.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Rick Upchurch
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Lindsay Whalen

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan:32
• Hometown: Northampton MA
• Current Address: St Paul
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Business UMN TC

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Interaction with fellow fans
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? I haven't thought about it
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? No one favorite DL65, Bob Loblaw, Sportsfan 24 along with others come to mind
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? Football only
• Do you participate in the social media? I occasionally use Facebook.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? I sometimes make Italian Sausage subs complete with sauteed green pepper and onions, marinara sauce and cheese.
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Greg Esslinger
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Thomas Tapeh

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 19
• Current Address: S MPLS
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA UMN, MS Georgetown University, MD Georgetown University
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: nope
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: nope

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? It's where I go for current information about the team. Originally, I was drawn in by the recruiting gossip.
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Not really sure it's feasible - this was done by the U i think - but when the weekly 3 Penny videos came out I was always stoked. I'd love to see something similar. I realize Gopherhole isn't going to be won't be hiring any PR firms er whatever anytime soon - but one can dream.
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? Dpodoll
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? I accidentally click on basketball sometimes. Not Gopherhole, but gopher related - I check out Gopherpucklive with some regularity too.
• Do you participate in the social media? Not really.

FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? Usually watch the AM games with a cup of coffee on the couch.
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Darkins. Ki-jana Carter playing AGAINST the Gophers made a HUGE impression on me as a child too.

DEMOGRAPHICS
• # of years as a Gopher fan: 66
• Hometown: Stillwater
• Current Address: MPLS
• Post Secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA UMN, MA UMN
• Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: yes
• Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: yes

• What do you like about the GopherHole website? Good info
• What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? too much infighting and getting off topic
• (Killjoy’s question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster? DL
• What GopherHole Forums do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post? basketball, football
• Do you participate in the social media? yes
FUN QUESTIONS
• (GophersInIowa question) What favorite foods, snacks do you serve at tailgate gatherings or at home for a Gopher sporting event (looking for new ideas)? burgers, fries, beer
• Who is the most athletic player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers? Giel, Upchurch, Ray Williams, Winfield
• (Great Plains Gopher question) Who is your all-time favorite player that you witnessed in person playing for the Golden Gophers?
Upchurch, Ray Williams, Olberding, Leverenz

Top Bottom