Digital Season Tickets

CWCWCW

Reaction score
I renewed my tickets yesterday. I notice the only option for ticket delivery was to a mobile device.
I can live with that provided it is an easy task to allow someone else to use them.
No more 10 cents off at Holiday. The horror.

I don't know how I'm going to make my flip phone work with this.

I'm not a luddite per se but still write physical checks and listen to amplitude modulation devices...but have expanded recently to frequency amplitude devices too. I refuse to pay for satellite radio though...rather have free content.

I was however ready to start collecting .pdf's of each home game ticket. At least a .pdf is physical...sort of...

I do not believe the University of Minnesota should discriminate against individuals without an appropriate digital device. I guess I would accept a new i-phone or android 2.gazillion if that will get me into a game.

I also have never used an ATM. Never. Really...

I have also noticed my rabbitt ears are no longer working on my HDTV...fortunately my insanely expensive cable box is still working...:)

I renewed my tickets yesterday. I notice the only option for ticket delivery was to a mobile device.
I can live with that provided it is an easy task to allow someone else to use them.
The transfer process is really simple as long as your recipient has or is willing to take two minutes to set up an online Gopher Sports account. You go into your account (either online at Gophersports.com or in the Gopher Sports app), identify the tickets to transfer, input the email or phone number of the recipient and the U sends a notice to them by email or text. Recipient gets a notice and has 48 hours to accept the tickets or they get returned to your account.

Can't help you with Holiday.

I don't know how I'm going to make my flip phone work with this.
When this was initially discussed, they had a plan for accommodating those unwilling or unable to electronically access tickets. I think it would involve picking up tickets each game at will call, but I'd check with them to see if this idea has carried over. I know a long time Twins season ticket holder who has similar issues and has been told they will not be issuing physical tickets or accommodating those who cannot use e-tickets, so maybe the attitudes toward this have changed across the sports industry.

The transfer process is really simple as long as your recipient has or is willing to take two minutes to set up an online Gopher Sports account. You go into your account (either online at Gophersports.com or in the Gopher Sports app), identify the tickets to transfer, input the email or phone number of the recipient and the U sends a notice to them by email or text. Recipient gets a notice and has 48 hours to accept the tickets or they get returned to your account.

Can't help you with Holiday.

When this was initially discussed, they had a plan for accommodating those unwilling or unable to electronically access tickets. I think it would involve picking up tickets each game at will call, but I'd check with them to see if this idea has carried over. I know a long time Twins season ticket holder who has similar issues and has been told they will not be issuing physical tickets or accommodating those who cannot use e-tickets, so maybe the attitudes toward this have changed across the sports industry.
Kinda too bad if they do not accommodate folks without a smart phone. What this does for groups and corporations is make it a hassle to pass around tickets too. You never want to inconvenience your customers. My 80+ parents have been going for several decades now and its stupid to make them pull out the "device" to get into the venue. Going to will call is BS too. Just allow people to print it out as well.

What this does for groups and corporations is make it a hassle to pass around tickets too.

It actually makes it easier to pass around. Just a couple pushes of your smart phone buttons and someone else has your tickets. It couldn't be any simpler.

I used to get sick of mailing tickets, dropping tickets off at will call for people, driving a half hour over to a friend's house to give them the tickets, setting up a time to meet someone to hand them the tickets.

Corporate headquarters in downtown Minneapolis, boss lives in Edina, client lives in Woodbury. Pain in the ass to get client tickets. Now, it happens in 30 seconds tops.

This is way, way easier. Corporations should embrace this, way easier to get tickets to clients and employees.

And, it isn't new.

You cannot get into a Vikings or Timberwolves game with a paper ticket. Has to be on your mobile device. I think the Twins have gone that way now, too.

Last edited:

It actually makes it easier to pass around. Just a couple pushes of your smart phone buttons and someone else has your tickets. It couldn't be any simpler.

I used to get sick of mailing tickets, dropping tickets off at will call for people, driving a half hour over to a friend's house to give them the tickets, setting up a time to meet someone to hand them the tickets.
Agreed. For me the worst part was sending the tickets by mail and then hoping they would arrive in time. It seems like envelopes containing event tickets always take 1-3 days longer than normal to arrive.

Gopherjay is right that it will be a hassle for some and I hope the U has a plan to deal with that, but this is a more efficient system for the vast majority of people in today's world. It also reduces the risk of counterfeit tickets and creates an electronic trail of how the tickets have been transferred if there is a problem of any kind.

I cant find anything to confirm this, nothing on gophersports that I can find. I paid for my tix last year and they said I was good this year so didnt have to go thru the process, cant find any email saying this either, wonder when they were going to tell me. the ticket office and gophersports are not very fan friendly in my opinion

I'd pay extra for commemorative physical tickets if they look nice ;)

I trolled my ticket rep. on Facebook. Kid is from Wisconsin and lots of his photos were he and his buddies with Badger gear on at WI games. You can't make it up. Only in Minnesota.
Mason flew the w flag at his lake home and Lucia threw the Nd alumni party. I don’t like Alvarez but he woulda fired both for that crap. Leave yer wife when she is dating someone else. Sht ends now.

I cant find anything to confirm this, nothing on gophersports that I can find. I paid for my tix last year and they said I was good this year so didnt have to go thru the process, cant find any email saying this either, wonder when they were going to tell me. the ticket office and gophersports are not very fan friendly in my opinion

I renewed last year as well, which was when the Digital ticketing process was announced.

With no "hard" tickets seemingly available, how are the scalpers going to convince folks that their printed pdf's are legit? (And not one of a dozen copies)

I had the Gopher Pass in 2019. I would receive my ticket to download to my wallet on Thursday.

I still my Penn State ticket on my phone.

With no "hard" tickets seemingly available, how are the scalpers going to convince folks that their printed pdf's are legit? (And not one of a dozen copies)
That's pretty much one of the benefits to me...

Top Bottom