Did you know this about North Dakota State

Funny story. My wife, who is a year older than me, toured NDSU, MSU and Concordia in the same weekend, choosing MSU (thankfully, because that way I met her). One of the reasons she didn't like NDSU - too many ugly hicks wearing shiny embroidered jackets.

So she picked "discochris" instead? White leisure suits over shiny embroidered jackets? :)

"I wanted to write 'Disco Stud' but I ran out of space. Not that Disco Stu didn't get his share of the action!"

in 06 i was tailgating and on multiple occasions from several different groups of people i was told to "respect ndsu's d2 titles" as well as the "goofer football is a joke and we(ndsu) could compete for B1G titles before the goofers ever could."

i have been to quite a few games across the country-fav is still florida st vs clemson @FSU, and to this day i have never heard a more arrogant and annoying fanbase then ndsu's! that says a ton since we play wisky and the assbags from iowa!

Well, whoever you were talking to were dumbasses, at least as far as saying NDSU could or would be able to win B1G 10(12) titles before the Gophers. I mean, I am not saying the Gophers are going to do that anytime soon (although I cheer for the Gophers because I am a MN native) but certainly with the recruiting ability and scholly difference, the statement is ridiculous. As for our DII titles, that is up to MN fans as to whether you want to respect them. I will say that our 86 and 88 teams would have easily played with, if not beaten the Gophers back then. You were just not very good.

Otherwise, some of these posts by some of you that ridicule and or slam all that is NDSU and North Dakota come close to baiting me in to some smack talking. I am not gonna do it however, but, if we win, I may have to come back here and remind you guys to read you pre-game posts!!

Good luck to both teams--we have our hands full in Gray and Kirkwood from what I can tell after watching some Gopher highlights last night.

You make a great point, and I fully believe it is because NDSU was jealous that UND was better than them in all sports, including football.

TO ALL NDSU FANS: UND still has the Nickel trophy

So, get UND to play NDSU. It's not NDSU backing down. Funny, I heard someone griping about facts itt earlier.

How about taking the UND/NDSU argument to a place where they care about it/......not that I can think of a spot. Enough already. If I don't have to hear about a Bison or a Sioux on the Gopher board ever again....I'm good.

How about taking the UND/NDSU argument to a place where they care about it/......not that I can think of a spot. Enough already. If I don't have to hear about a Bison or a Sioux on the Gopher board ever again....I'm good.

Well unfortunately you are stuck hearing about the Bison probably for another week. Pregame smack/analysis(more of this would be nice) and then Postgame Breakdown until Monday-ish depending on if it is close or not.

Well unfortunately you are stuck hearing about the Bison probably for another week. Pregame smack/analysis(more of this would be nice) and then Postgame Breakdown until Monday-ish depending on if it is close or not.

Unfortunately, that's not true. We get the misfortune of hearing about NDSU all year round. There are a few NDSU fans who like to come to our board and talk about your program year round, which is the reason why there is so much dislike towards your program here.

If it was all just smack talk and analysis the week of, I think most people would welcome it. When it's a year round parade of "Fargo is a nice town! Zach Vraa is the next Decker. We recruited a RB from Alabama", it gets annoying.

Unfortunately, that's not true. We get the misfortune of hearing about NDSU all year round. There are a few NDSU fans who like to come to our board and talk about your program year round, which is the reason why there is so much dislike towards your program here.

If it was all just smack talk and analysis the week of, I think most people would welcome it. When it's a year round parade of "Fargo is a nice town! Zach Vraa is the next Decker. We recruited a RB from Alabama", it gets annoying.

Ban his/their asses then, as he/they are not representative of NDSU fans in general--just sayin. If you're talking about Lakesbison, he has been permanently banned from Bisonville, which, FYI, is our sports board. That should tell you something right there!!!

Ban his/their asses then, as he/they are not representative of NDSU fans in general--just sayin. If you're talking about Lakesbison, he has been permanently banned from Bisonville, which, FYI, is our sports board. That should tell you something right there!!!

I wish they would (and I assume they have in a lot of circumstances).

I am sure they aren't a representative of the fanbase in general. I remember people from this board and other boards who talked about going on other boards and starting trouble and they were always the lowest common denomenator. In general, people who live on other team's boards when those two teams when those teams aren't playing eachother (or unless there is a good reason to do so (like Southern/Northern Illinois after Kill was hired, etc.), aren't going to be very high quality posters for even their own fans.

Lakesbison is an example of this. Pantherhawk threatened to beat up Herky (a quality Iowa poster) on the KFAN board, but shockingly didn't show up, he is an obvious example of this.

People who come on here the week of to talk about football in a normal way, I don't think anyone here has a problem with that (look at USCgal for instance).

as a current ndsu student i'm getting pretty sick of the academic jokes. make fun of the athletics all you want, but ndsu is a good school.

Oh, lighten up Francis! You're right, NDCC is not that bad.

QUOTE=JoeDirt;435092]Oh, lighten up Francis! You're right, NDCC is not that bad.[/QUOTE]

NDCC = North Dakota Century Code!! That's Nodak's codified laws/statutes. FYI, it has about half the volumes of MN's MSA (Minnesota Statutes Annotated), so, you are correct, NDCC is not that bad at all!! Thanks!!

The real problem is that I think our O-coordinator's brain is about half the size of most D-coordinator's--and that sucks!!!

The real problem is that I think our O-coordinator's brain is about half the size of most D-coordinator's--and that sucks!!!
He's also half the size of the Gophers' defensive coordinator.

Pardon the jackasses then. Put them on your ignore list and they cant bother anyone. Or just scroll past their posts. Fargo is a nice town. Zach Vraa is hopefully going to be good.

Pardon the jackasses then. Put them on your ignore list and they cant bother anyone. Or just scroll past their posts. Fargo is a nice town. Zach Vraa is hopefully going to be good.
Sorry to say, most of the year all we see are the jackasses. Ignore list or no, the effects of another team's a**hat posters are still easy to see. Is that fair to a select few folks who want to be reasonable the week of a game? Nope. But those are the breaks in the world of an internet message board.

Enough with Zach Vraa please. We all get that NDSU fans think he should have gotten a full ride to the U and now will be the next Jerry Rice. That fact is, he was not worthy of a scholarship offer to the U and has not done anything to prove otherwise.

And I just realized that NDSU fans will argue that he was worthy of a scholarship. Well, the only people who have that say didnt offer him one, so that settles it.

Well played on the leisure suit comment. Well played indeed. :)

Enough with Zach Vraa please. We all get that NDSU fans think he should have gotten a full ride to the U and now will be the next Jerry Rice. That fact is, he was not worthy of a scholarship offer to the U and has not done anything to prove otherwise.

And I just realized that NDSU fans will argue that he was worthy of a scholarship. Well, the only people who have that say didnt offer him one, so that settles it.

Frankly, at least as far as I am concerned, Vraa hasn't even proved that he is worthy of an NDSU scholarship. I mean, he has now broken both of his collarbones, yes, broken, not seperated, and has played in only one, yes, one game for us, making one or two catches.

That said, I would guess you will see close to a handful of NDSU players that you would give scholarships to now, but most have developed into that type of player. Those are, by and large, the players we get and offer to. That's the nature of the beast, and I listed those players in one of my posts on this thread yesterday.

Peace out for the day my Gopher foes!!!

Top Bottom