did Xzavian Brandon leave the team

Go4

Reaction score
i caught the tail end of 'cco tonight and I thought I heard that he left or was kicked off. hopefully this isn't true. we were told he has a lot of potential and athleticism.

I remember the Gopher Hole poster who called the 2008 recruiting class "the greatest recruiting class in Gopher history". As a general rule, maybe one should wait until the recruits play before handing out accolades.

Still a pretty darn good class...even without number 4 or 5 wide receiver.

His name no longer appears on the Gophers roster.
Wonder what happened ?

His name no longer appears on the Gophers roster.
Wonder what happened ?

I found nothing out online about it, no news source is reporting he left anyways. Idk whats going on.

He's having knee surgery and will miss all of 2010.

Didn't he have to have back surgery as well?

Does anyone know how and when he injured his knee? I wish him the best for a full recovery and hope to see him in Maroon and Gold next year!

Marcus on Xzavian:

First practice: WR Brandon no longer on the team
By Marcus Fuller on August 6

Sophomore wide receiver Xzavian Brandon wasn't on the field at Minnesota's first fall camp practice today and is also not on the team's updated roster.

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Brandon was sidelined often with back and knee injuries his first two years. He took a medical redshirt and missed all of last season. He played four games in 2008.

Brandon was a former basketball teammate of current Gophers center Ralph Sampson III at Northview High School in Duluth, Ga.

I've been hearing that Brandon needed another knee surgery but could be back next year. I will have to wait for details from coach Tim Brewster following practice this evening.

Offensive lineman Andy Brinkhaus, brother of former Gophers lineman Tony Brinkhaus, has also left the team.

-- Newcomers and veterans practiced separately today, but there were some players that switched around.

Sophomore linebacker Brendan Beal, a Florida transfer, began practice with the returning players this afternoon. The 6-3, 250-pound Beal has some massive biceps, and he looked pretty intimidating. Not that it matters this season, because he has to sit out a year. He reminds me a lot of 2009 senior linebacker Lee Campbell. But he's more athletic. Imagine that.

Freshman running back Devon Wright arrived too late for the morning practice, so he also joined the older group. Lucky for Wright, he was able to get some reps with the first-team offense. The Florida native doesn't look as big as his listed 190 pounds, but he does seem faster than returning backs Duane Bennett and DeLeon Eskridge.

-- I totally missed Thursday that junior receiver Da'Jon McKnight switched his number from No. 83 to No. 6. I wonder if that will make a difference in his play?

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2010/08/first-practice-wr-brandon-not.html

Go Gophers!!

Maybe he will get a medical redshirt. That always seems like such a crapshoot with the NCAA.

Top Bottom