Did Trevor Mbakwe get it done?

GopherCrazy

Pressbox
Reaction score
Before the season, there was all that speculation that Trevor was going to the draft and what not.. and the athletic program ultimately came out with this video:

For me and everyone I knew that was interested in basketball, We we're extremely stoked and knew something was up at Minnesota. He came in and led an incredible front half of the season and had the nation talking about him and the gophers.. only later to watch his team cough up some painful and pitiful performances.

So, Gopherhole, did he get it done? Or did getting knocked out of the sweet 16 sour his taste for a year outside the NBA? (and also, Did this help his draft?)

Just would like to see some discussion on this..

We'll definitely miss Trevor next year. He can be a beast down low some times. With that said, there were times I was disappointed in his performance.

As for the draft, I think he'll still get taken in the 2nd round. He's a great rebounder and defender, and did show some good moves on offense. I liked that he showed he could knock down some mid range jumpers.

He will make the NBA as a role player and with his intensity will get minutes. Probably never starts but will have success.

I think he did. That Indiana game was awesome. He provided the spark the team needed a few different times this year. And it was usually the team's fault for not trying to get him the ball more. He averaged nearly a double double.

He was a solid 10 and 8 type of player that will be missed. I dont think he was the same after the injury, and it probably ends up hurting him in the draft too. I am in the minority here on this, but I dont think he is an NBA player. I think he gets paid somewhere, just not in the NBA.

Sure there was some disappointment with this season, but he did help lead the team to their first tourney win in a long time. While you could say he squandered a year in the NBA, I think it was important to prove he came back healthy and could play at the level expected before his injury last season.

Unless you're Adrian Peterson, it takes a while to recover from an injury of that sort. Trevor wasn't nearly as confident or explosive as he would have been. It's up to the scouts to decide whether he avoids contact more due to that or due to playing style and nature.

I think he's got the physicality and enough skill that it might be worth taking a flyer on him with a 2nd round pick. He's got plenty of things to work on, though.

Undersized 24 y/o's with a history of injuries and legal problems aren't usually a hot commodity with NBA GM's, we shall see though. I'll predict not drafted, but hangs around in the D-league a bit before heading overseas.

Top Bottom