Did AD Cost Departing Staff future job opportunities?

killme

Reaction score
If what Kill & Claeys said tonight is true, AD is a liar, and slandered the staff in an almost incomprehensible way, given how much they've done for this community. I have decades of evidence that is 100% behind Kill-Claeys version of the "truth."

Seems quite plausible, your AD planned to jettison the staff months ago, kept them around through the bowl (and held them in job-seeker hostage). Fire them before the bowl and who coaches the team? How uncomfortable for him must that extremely unlikely short-handed bowl win have been for him.

Meanwhile, guys with families missed a month of good job-hunting time. Good people with kids who go to school.

As much as I'm disgusted by the events of the night that started the salacious aftermath that allowed the media to feed our dysfunctional culture's desire for filth, the more it seems some players were unfairly smeared, too. Since we don't know all the details, that tragedy is over the top.

So many self-righteous people quick to slash first, ask questions later. This might be the worst debacle I've ever encountered since I became a sports fan. And, with so much to choose from. smh

Hell yes it cost them chances to get other jobs! Hope Coyle can lay his head down at night and know he f***ed some coaches that gave all they have for the "M"

They all got a year's salary if I'm not mistaken.

They all got a year's salary if I'm not mistaken.

Correct. It may have cost them jobs this year, but they're getting paid not to work.

If they weren't going to pay. It would be a shady deal.

killme the clown back at it with his bowing at the alter of Kill.

Coaches received a year's salary. Something completely lost on this killme jack in the box.

They got paid for the length of their contracts so it's a little disingenuous to think that their kids won't be able to go to school or get fed for that matter.

Wanted for Claeys and his staff stay that's for certain, but maybe now you won't grace us with your presence in whatever form.

Happy New Year killme.

And Claeys in on WCCO right now.

If what Kill & Claeys said tonight is true, AD is a liar, and slandered the staff in an almost incomprehensible way, given how much they've done for this community. I have decades of evidence that is 100% behind Kill-Claeys version of the "truth."

Seems quite plausible, your AD planned to jettison the staff months ago, kept them around through the bowl (and held them in job-seeker hostage). Fire them before the bowl and who coaches the team? How uncomfortable for him must that extremely unlikely short-handed bowl win have been for him.

Meanwhile, guys with families missed a month of good job-hunting time. Good people with kids who go to school.

As much as I'm disgusted by the events of the night that started the salacious aftermath that allowed the media to feed our dysfunctional culture's desire for filth, the more it seems some players were unfairly smeared, too. Since we don't know all the details, that tragedy is over the top.

So many self-righteous people quick to slash first, ask questions later. This might be the worst debacle I've ever encountered since I became a sports fan. And, with so much to choose from. smh

Doogie is that you? You calling Sam Mitchell next?

These guys get a free year to spend with young families. They won't see it that way. Sawvel can consult etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These guys get a free year to spend with young families. They won't see it that way. Sawvel can consult etc etc.

When Tony Levine was fired from Houston, he did things with his kids he never could do when he was coaching. He had a great year.

Oh no, our AD took a little bit longer than usual to decide whether to can our entire coaching staff!
Lets get real. They got a year severance. They have plenty of time to find a new job.

Coyle is a rat. He decided to fire Claeys before the Holliday Bowl. The only reason Coyle did not fire Claeys was keep the boycott under control and make sure the players went to San Diego and played.

If Coyle had fired Claeys right way and the players shut it down a world of slime and sludge would have slid down on the U of M and the Big Ten and that is why Coyle played it the way he did.

Coyle is a rat. He decided to fire Claeys before the Holliday Bowl. The only reason Coyle did not fire Claeys was keep the boycott under control and make sure the players went to San Diego and played.

If Coyle had fired Claeys right way and the players shut it down a world of slime and sludge would have slid down on the U of M and the Big Ten and that is why Coyle played it the way he did.

So he effectively steered us out of national news while buying time to find coaching candidates?

Yes, they're getting the money. But in real-life terms - they still have to find new jobs. They're facing the prospect of moving - packing up all the stuff and loading it in a truck - never a fun task, even if you can afford to hire a moving company (ask the Wild coach!). Also, pulling the kids out of their current school and having them say goodbye to their friends. Not to mention the wife has to say goodbye to their friends.

It's a little glib to suggest that everything is fine because they're getting a year's salary. what is the value of having your life turned upside down, and quite possibly feeling that you got professionally hosed by a (possibly) dishonest AD.

It's easy for someone on a message board to say no harm, no foul. If you were the one facing a major life change, I doubt you would handle it so casually.

The implied question was whether the delay cost them job opportunities, and I answered it (no).
I don't recall anyone being nearly as worried about the families of Brewster's assistants, they all had to move too, it's part of life as a coach.

Yes, they're getting the money. But in real-life terms - they still have to find new jobs. They're facing the prospect of moving - packing up all the stuff and loading it in a truck - never a fun task, even if you can afford to hire a moving company (ask the Wild coach!). Also, pulling the kids out of their current school and having them say goodbye to their friends. Not to mention the wife has to say goodbye to their friends.

It's a little glib to suggest that everything is fine because they're getting a year's salary. what is the value of having your life turned upside down, and quite possibly feeling that you got professionally hosed by a (possibly) dishonest AD.

It's easy for someone on a message board to say no harm, no foul. If you were the one facing a major life change, I doubt you would handle it so casually.

No offense but anyone in coaching is prepared for this exact situation. Nothing is guaranteed in coaching and most coaches know they are going to get fired multiple times depending on what happens with their head coach. This staff may be a little less prepared because they have been with Kill for so long but being in the industry this won't be a massive shock to them.

Not saying they will enjoy the prospects of moving or that it won't be disruptive to their families but they are coaches so they know and understand the drill, as do their families.

They feel exactly like Matt Limegrover and Jim Zebroski and their families felt a year ago after Claeys fired them.

I wasn't suggesting the coaches don't know the "temporary" component to their jobs, or that their families will starve. Claeys and Kill both made that clear in their interviews last night. I was only trying to point out the human element that a significant number of football fans don't consider. Minnesota fulfilling it's contractual obligation is not praise-worthy.

Yes, they will all get jobs, because by all accounts they're hard workers, good people, and arguably successful everywhere they've been. From some of Kill's comments, and many, many other antics from the fan base, administration, and media, they are all WAY better off.

Both Kill & Claeys both pointed out the huge difference in how this staff was portrayed by AD in his press conference and how Limegrover and Zebrowski were let go. Opposite ends of the spectrum of class.

They got paid for the length of their contracts so it's a little disingenuous to think that their kids won't be able to go to school or get fed for that matter.

Wanted for Claeys and his staff stay that's for certain, but maybe now you won't grace us with your presence in whatever form.

Happy New Year killme.

And Claeys in on WCCO right now.
HNY Iceland12. I hope you can forgive me someday for offending you.

I have to wonder how this plays out for Sherels. With his medical condition it may be tougher for him to find a job.

So he effectively steered us out of national news while buying time to find coaching candidates?

We were on the front page of ESPN yesterday with Kill essentially calling him a gutless snake.

What time did he buy in finding a coach? Like what time was gained by playing the Holiday Bowl with Claeys that would have been lost if we fired him before the Holiday Bowl?

Weird post.

They feel exactly like Matt Limegrover and Jim Zebroski and their families felt a year ago after Claeys fired them.

Claeys didn't say that they lacked integrity on the way out the door.

I have to wonder how this plays out for Sherels. With his medical condition it may be tougher for him to find a job.

He still has one right now. And any coach who comes in is likely going to want to keep someone from the previous staff for a little bit of continuity. Sherels would be the obvious choice

I like that your response to reason was a personal attack.
Not blocked, just new, even on here with my UMN email

So having a UMN email makes you less of a troll? And what personal attack, unless you take being called a troll personal.

We have had dozens of new accounts set up in the last few weeks and by and large they are people who want to take shots at the team, fans and coaches. You are yet another one of those.

Not saying you are not a fan, just not my kind of fan. So stick with the administration, keep singing the praises of those scumbags Coyle and Kaler and I'll keep you on blocked and pretend like you don't exist.

We were on the front page of ESPN yesterday with Kill essentially calling him a gutless snake.

What time did he buy in finding a coach? Like what time was gained by playing the Holiday Bowl with Claeys that would have been lost if we fired him before the Holiday Bowl?

Weird post.

Why do you care what Kill says on tv about our program.
Bielema did the same thing on his way out of UW and nobody in Wisconsin gave a rat's butt.

I think Sherels will probably be offered a job by whomever gets the head coaching job here.

To the original post, being an assistant coach is a tenuous business and Mason has always talked about how difficult it is for guys to stay in one place if they want to further their careers. That means a lot of moving around and it becomes doubly complicated if you have a family. Take a look at Bill Belichick's biography.

I think things might be a tad different here, although I don't believe Coyle's comments are going to deter prospective employers. The fact that Kill went to bat for these guys and got their salaries adjusted upwards from what was the previous pattern at the U (and probably a lot of other places), it may be difficult for them to have the same earning power. I don't think Sawvel will have any problem finding a place to land, especially in the short term. He looks to be one of the top DB coaches in the country and he could easily find his way onto a pro football staff if he is so inclined. Not sure on the other guys. I haven't been that impressed with the guys on the offensive side of the ball, but they are experienced coaches. Look at Jeff Horton as an example. He had no trouble finding work after leaving here and he was leaving a program that everyone agreed was in shambles.

Top Bottom