Devoe and Cory Joseph

Section201

Reaction score
Looks like an interesting day for the Joseph Bros. Devoe gets to start vs Michigan State at the Barn on CBS. Cory meanwhile can watch his big brother and then later today can watch Texas at UCONN at 3 central on CBS.

There certainly have been some interesting developments with regards to Cory's recruitment considerations. UCONN head coach Calhoun is taking a medical leave of absence which has to make you wonder about his future at UCONN.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-t25-stressfulgame&prov=ap&type=lgns

Of course we are all aware of the latest Al Nolen situation which could also have Cory Joseph implications.

I for one hope Devoe has a BIG game today. It could help the Gophers on multiple levels.

Go Gophers.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday, let's hope the Gophers look good today getting a win at home and devoe has a big day. If we can somehow land Cory and mbakwe returns, next year and the years to come could be a lot of fun. Go Gophers!

Looks like an interesting day for the Joseph Bros. Devoe gets to start vs Michigan State at the Barn on CBS. Cory meanwhile can watch his big brother and then later today can watch Texas at UCONN at 3 central on CBS.

There certainly have been some interesting developments with regards to Cory's recruitment considerations. UCONN head coach Calhoun is taking a medical leave of absence which has to make you wonder about his future at UCONN.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-t25-stressfulgame&prov=ap&type=lgns

Of course we are all aware of the latest Al Nolen situation which could also have Cory Joseph implications.

I for one hope Devoe has a BIG game today. It could help the Gophers on multiple levels.

I think you're getting a little too excited over small things. I see no "interesting developments with regards to Cory's recruitment considerations".

Calhoun is 67 - he has had past health issues. Cory Joseph has known that there is a possibility Calhoun isn't going to be around should he wind up at UCONN. A temporary leave of absence doesn't change that - he's an old man with a history of medical problems who would love to win a national championship, then immediately retire. Now, if Calhoun made his retirement official (or he keels over dead), that would be a major change from a recruits perspective.

Al Nolen being a senior at Minnesota in Cory's freshman season is not something that would cause Cory to chose another school over Minnesota. "Ooooh, I would go to Minnesota, but they've got that senior stud Al Nolen... I better go elsewhere" -- I mean, really? It's not an issue (plus, I expect Nolen to be playing again within the next few weeks).

gw

I think you're getting a little too excited over small things. I see no "interesting developments with regards to Cory's recruitment considerations".

Calhoun is 67 - he has had past health issues. Cory Joseph has known that there is a possibility Calhoun isn't going to be around should he wind up at UCONN. A temporary leave of absence doesn't change that - he's an old man with a history of medical problems who would love to win a national championship, then immediately retire. Now, if Calhoun made his retirement official (or he keels over dead), that would be a major change from a recruits perspective.

Al Nolen being a senior at Minnesota in Cory's freshman season is not something that would cause Cory to chose another school over Minnesota. "Ooooh, I would go to Minnesota, but they've got that senior stud Al Nolen... I better go elsewhere" -- I mean, really? It's not an issue (plus, I expect Nolen to be playing again within the next few weeks).

warrior, I have reviewed my post for any sense of "excitement" and I was hard pressed to find any.

I did find the confluenece of events interesting however, even though you seemingly did not. Fair enough.

I don't expect the NCAA to give Al a reprieve so I do not expect him back this season. I most certainly do expect Al back no later than next fall, despite some rather surprising statements by Tubby. I do hope Al is back ASAP. Time will tell.

Since neither You or I really know what Cory is thinking, any changes in the environment may or may not influence where he winds up going. That is all I was suggesting.

As always, IMHO.

Top Bottom