Describe the Gophers loss to Michigan in 1 sentence.

The mindset and culture of playing scared and not to lose (see 4th quarter of NW) has totally yanked this program.

“More games are lost than won” - PJ Fleck

What we saw where that ethos has seeped into everything about the team: recruiting. the assistant coaches, the play calling, the culture, everything.

One team plays a game, one is afraid to eff up. No matter what you are leading, a business, a football team, etc. that ain’t gonna get you far.

our only touchdown came on the only play we called in an effort to actually win vs. not lose.

"I don't take vacations. I don't get sick. I don't observe major holidays. I'm a jack hammer"
- Jim Harbaugh

The mindset and culture of playing scared and not to lose (see 4th quarter of NW) has totally yanked this program.

“More games are lost than won” - PJ Fleck

What we saw where that ethos has seeped into everything about the team: recruiting. the assistant coaches, the play calling, the culture, everything.

One team plays a game, one is afraid to eff up. No matter what you are leading, a business, a football team, etc. that ain’t gonna get you far.
I agree. Even if you lose the game there is always something about going down swinging that resonates with fans. I mean who cares playing a team like that, throw the kitchen sink and let the chips fall where they may.

Many Gopherhole commenters apparently do not understand the concept of either "one," or "sentence," or both.

Michigan coaches had the better game plan and 2-3 deep on offense, defense, and special teams.

QB's statement how excited about the play call he got right before half on Jacksons catch

Michigan was overwhelming in nearly every aspect of the game.

Expected a convincing loss, but the two Pick 6s were still a surprise.

Domination, turn the page and go back to practicing fundamentals and tackling drills.

No more gimme Big Ten West games with USC, UCLA, and Oregon joining.

No more gimme Big Ten West games with USC, UCLA, and Oregon joining.
Yes but we will play Indiana and Rutgers more.
Which are the two teams the gophers have the highest winning percentage against in the last decade

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son . . . or to play football! Huh?!? The Gopher players and coaches weren't drunk?

Dean Wormer.jpg

Last edited:

I wanted to see how long we’d be in the game. Answer: 12 seconds.

The current Minnesota Gophers football team does not belong on the same field as the Michigan Wolverines.

It's the school not the coaching staff!

You can't coach 4 & 5 star recruits if they don't want to come to MN in the 1st place.

Coaches can only coach up 1& 2 & 3 star players so far.

Top Bottom