Depth Chart for the Michigan Game?

It will show if we have any "Covid dropouts" and that I think is the biggest concern. While it won't show if Dunlop or Faalele are in game time shape or not (they could easily be placed as starters and replaced) it will show they are on the roster and will play at some point in time. I think the biggest concern for most Gopher faithful are who is here this year and who is not.
On a week to week basis I doubt we will have much info about who may or may not be quarantining but the Opt Outs should be clear after week 1 across the conference.
Ah - the opt-outs. You and gophernut1 are right. He stated that very clearly, but I somehow was still thinking those that would miss the game due to COVID test, quarantine, etc. My bad.

Ah - the opt-outs. You and gophernut1 are right. He stated that very clearly, but I somehow was still thinking those that would miss the game due to COVID test, quarantine, etc. My bad.

I'm trying to recall and maybe I missed it. But did PJ ever say opt-outs would actually be reflected on the depth chart or announced? What I saw on his presser yesterday he said he would leave it up to individual players if they want to announce why they are not playing, but he didn't think it was his place to speak on any individual decisions.

I'm trying to recall and maybe I missed it. But did PJ ever say opt-outs would actually be reflected on the depth chart or announced? What I saw on his presser yesterday he said he would leave it up to individual players if they want to announce why they are not playing, but he didn't think it was his place to speak on any individual decisions.
Not sure. I really haven't been paying much attention to CFB yet this year. I think the point might be that if expected starter A isn't even on the depth chart - maybe that will tell us something? Maybe not?

I think the point might be that if expected starter A isn't even on the depth chart - maybe that will tell us something? Maybe not?

If an expected starter is injured and not expected to play in week one, but likely to play in week three, he still wouldn't show up on the depth chart in week one. So, as you say, it may or may not tell us something.

A weekly depth chart is supposed to be who is starting that week and who is backing that person up. For example, if a usual starting WR is hurt and not playing, he should not show up in that week's depth chart. Problem is, the Gophers don't traditionally put out a depth chart with any accuracy on a week to week basis. The depth chart they put out each week is hocus pocus.

Not sure. I really haven't been paying much attention to CFB yet this year. I think the point might be that if expected starter A isn't even on the depth chart - maybe that will tell us something? Maybe not?

yeah, I would agree. I also have no idea how depth charts have worked with other conferences. I know that - for example - Va Tech announced when they had 20 guys out (including their starting QB). But not sure if that is a conference requirement, school choice or how it works. Obviously Fleck has been playing this Week 1 situation super close to the vest.

I guess it's possible that the depth chart may answer some questions if guys are completely missing from it, but I also would not be at all shocked if we don't see a depth chart released at all this week.

If an expected starter is injured and not expected to play in week one, but likely to play in week three, he still wouldn't show up on the depth chart in week one. So, as you say, it may or may not tell us something.

A weekly depth chart is supposed to be who is starting that week and who is backing that person up. For example, if a usual starting WR is hurt and not playing, he should not show up in that week's depth chart. Problem is, the Gophers don't traditionally put out a depth chart with any accuracy on a week to week basis. The depth chart they put out each week is hocus pocus.
Yes. That was my original point - but I also misunderstood what the poster was saying. I think we all agree here.

Top Bottom