DENNIS EVANS A GOPHER!!!!!!!!!!!

"My dressing style is from Tim Duncan." I can't be the only one who absolutely loved this, right?

This is just wild. Like many of the rest of you I can hardly believe it, particularly since it came after getting the top player from Illinois who also sounds like a really grounded kid.

Definitely made me chuckle.

See Luka Garza.
Sure, there’s guys like Luka Garza, but there’s also guys like Jonathan Isaac, who averaged 12/7 in 1 year of college and went 6th overall. It’s not all about talent. NBA players have to fit a certain play style, and I think that is what people see in Evans, is a tall, athletic, player with a smoothness to his offensive game that suggests he’d fit in the NBA.

I'm pretty sure that will all take care of itself. Let's let this 17 year old kid, be a kid! In due time he will develop into his next stage. What he has right now is incredible height, a love for learning the game, willingness to wake up early to work on improving, and a great upbringing. It's the coaches job to build and develop accordingly to his personality and team's personality. EVERYTHING else WILL take care of itself.

Sure, there’s guys like Luka Garza, but there’s also guys like Jonathan Isaac, who averaged 12/7 in 1 year of college and went 6th overall. It’s not all about talent. NBA players have to fit a certain play style, and I think that is what people see in Evans, is a tall, athletic, player with a smoothness to his offensive game that suggests he’d fit in the NBA.
Yep. Luka Garza is a prime example of how athleticism and length are way more valuable than offensive skill in the NBA.

For a guy Evans' size, if he can get to a point where he can catch lobs, finish consistently and rebound on the offensive side, he will be a good offensive basketball player. Rudy Gobert is a very good offensive player (don't confuse that with highly skilled). Shaq was one of the greatest offensive basketball players to every live.

I'm not comparing Evans to those guys, but just saying if he can focus on simply finishing lobs off a PNR, offensive rebounding, and then playing defense. . . his future is exceptionally bright.

"My dressing style is from Tim Duncan." I can't be the only one who absolutely loved this, right?

This is just wild. Like many of the rest of you I can hardly believe it, particularly since it came after getting the top player from Illinois who also sounds like a really grounded kid.
Yeah I thought the dressing style is from Tim Duncan was great. And the part about how he likes ants. 🐜. He is a really interesting character and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. We got a good one.

Very happy for Ben the staff and especially the Gopher fans. Recruiting young men that want to be here and win games and develop into model citizens. This is a great step for our recruiting team and other young men will take notice and want to be here to play with their buddies. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom