Demry Croft

mngolf

Reaction score
Not good at links but there is a new one on YouTube that talks about why he left MN. Not a positive look at Flecks handling of him. It comes up when i searched Minnesota gophers football. Has video exonerating him of troubles. Now Fleck may have gotten rid of him for talent reasons but that's not how this news story reports it.

That story looks like a whole lot of boring and doesn’t really make fleck look bad to me. Whole lot of extra words and context not available for it

That story looks like a whole lot of boring and doesn’t really make fleck look bad to me. Whole lot of extra words and context not available for it
He didn't do anything to the door...you watched the video, right?

1. He followed two people in the door.

2. The door falls apart.

3. Then “Croft was ordered to pay for part of the damages to the door along with being suspended temporarily from the football team at Minnesota.”

I feel like we are missing a great deal between step two and three.

I’ve been involved in a lot of things on the breaking, and step three never happened….

That’s is one of many ways these coaches get rid of student athletes that don’t fit there system/culture. False accusations.

Also that’s how AD’s get rid of bad long contacts. False accusations.

He didn't do anything to the door...you watched the video, right?
As in, there’sa whole lot of extra detail not there. Croft isn’t on a crusade saying Fleck is a horrible person. The story is just told as crofts feeling of the facts. There’s not really anything to get worked up about in my eyes

Seems like there is more to this story than what he is saying to the reporter but that might just be speculation. There were rumors of failed marijuana test with Croft as apart of that door incident and indefinite suspension . Obviously for student privacy reasons there would be no public comment on that by coach or administration as far as either rumors or the door incident. He was recruited by previous staff. His indication about not getting due process for Title 9 at the other school is interesting. Probably why there is a court case related to that. This is five years ago so a lot of he said she said after the fact. Coaches do show the door to players if they feel the program isn't a fit in many instances over the years.

Not good at links but there is a new one on YouTube that talks about why he left MN. Not a positive look at Flecks handling of him. It comes up when i searched Minnesota gophers football. Has video exonerating him of troubles. Now Fleck may have gotten rid of him for talent reasons but that's not how this news story reports it.
Who?
Why care?

Sounds like Demry needs to stay away from women...another allegation when he came back to Rockford?

I recall that PJ gave him a chance, and he was not very good.

Not sure why this was even a post. I like Demry as a QB but maybe we need a statute of limitations in GH on old axe grinding.
Well there are facts here. He was told to pay for the door and that had some effect to his playing status. He didn’t break the door.

Haven't read the story but I heard he was a big fan of the wacky tabacky. That came from someone who spent time with him. Guessing he wasn't the right fit for Fleck.

He comments directly about the current coach?
My point being is that in the big scheme of things, it has no relevance.

Is someone like Mo or Tanner complained, that’s a Gopher of a different color.

He’s just a disgruntled ex-player, who likely never should have been in a D1 roster to start.

As my first sales manager used to say frequently, “Don’t major in the minors.”

Haven't read the story but I heard he was a big fan of the wacky tabacky. That came from someone who spent time with him. Guessing he wasn't the right fit for Fleck.
Confirmed.

Which who really cares in 2023 (or 2017 when Croft was playing, or ever, I digress)...but it's def not a Fleck bucks situation.

Is that a known fact or just what Demry is saying?
Well, I guess I don't know. But I figured his lie was just the one of omission in leaving out other issues.

That’s is one of many ways these coaches get rid of student athletes that don’t fit there system/culture. False accusations.

Also that’s how AD’s get rid of bad long contacts. False accusations.
They aren't false accusations - they are usually legitimate things to to move on from a bad situation. It's like when cop's pull people over for having a blinker out.

It's a super easy thing to avoid, if you are on thin ice or being paid a huge salary, simply don't put yourself into those situations.

Fleck didn't need Croft to break down the door to move on from him but it sure it made it easier and that's on Demry.

Well, I guess I don't know. But I figured his lie was just the one of omission in leaving out other issues.
Just a thought but if you don't know if something is a fact you probably should avoid posting that it is...

Croft was not a D1 QB, pretty clear he had some off the field issues while here and he left/was run off. Is what it is, happens all the time when there are coaching changes. Croft had a chance to prove he could play and was so bad they talked a former walk on into coming back for a final year.

Favorite Demry moment - when Kill pulled a failing Leidner in the NW 38 - 0 loss.

Top Bottom