Demir appreciation thread

Angry

Reaction score
It’s time. Come on gophers fans we thought he was to soft for the B1G.

After losing two straight games and about to have our NCAA aspirations crushed for the season isn't a great time to start this thread imo. But yeah he's been okay.

im Starting to see a little Dusty in him. We live and die with Marcus and Daniel. Who’s gonna step up? My vote is him.

Hes doing good things in the paint, but man he lost whatever little touch he had from 3

For a one year scholarship player he's awesome and needed. Glad he's here.

Agree, he's been alright. Flashing moments of greatness, followed by not so great. (i.e., having his 3 pt attempt face palmed back at him in the closing moments of the Illinois game). 4.9 rebounds per game for a 6' 9" guy is OK I guess.

He's fundamentally sound and does things that don't show in the boxscore. He lacks athleticism and strength but is able to compensate somewhat by good use of fakes and the ability to finesse an opening for himself near the basket. His defense is adequate. I agree that his long range shooting leaves something to be desired although his 3 point shooting percentage is slightly better than Gabe's in conference and at least he doesn't take as many of them.

In terms of offensive efficiency, he is our third best player right now so, yes, I'm glad he's on the team. We would be worse without him. If we could have picked up a grad transfer guard with similar impact, we would be in better shape now.

That Demir is starting, and "their third best player," is all the proof one needs the Gophers need a new head coach.

That Demir is starting, and "their third best player," is all the proof one needs the Gophers need a new head coach.
Are you sure you arent a writer? Your ability to turn any thread into a call for firing pitino is very impressive and i hope you get paid for those skills!

Are you sure you arent a writer? Your ability to turn any thread into a call for firing pitino is very impressive and i hope you get paid for those skills!
This is either a Scools or Goldteam alternate account. Hard to tell which, or if all 3 are the same person. Notice how it was made 8 months ago... ?

After losing two straight games and about to have our NCAA aspirations crushed for the season isn't a great time to start this thread imo. But yeah he's been okay.
Very appreciative for his contributions. This team is starting to defend as a team and can do special things. Wednesday is a rock fight.

He was though....

I will admit he was better than I initially thought. He still had no business starting on a BIG team, let alone one with a coach that has been here 7 years, but he ended up being our 5th or 6th best player which, is unfortunate.

Demir filled a need. The team was much better with him than without, much better. Kind of like a Joey King, not the greatest athlete, but gave a lot to the team.

Good luck to Alihan. I appreciate his contributions to Gopher hoops. Coming in, he had the reputation as a decent 3-point shooter - unfortunately he had that horrendous shooting slump which can happen to any shooter; even so, he appeared to be a good teammate and hustled whenever on the court.

Perhaps his most lasting contribution will be his influence in giving fellow countryman, David Mutaf, a positive recommendation concerning Gopher hoops - this contribution is to be determined, but if we buy in to all the Mutaf hype, it could be huge.

Top Bottom