deleted

this reminds me of the Stephen King short story where a writer had a word processing machine that could affect reality, so that he could literally "delete" people he didn't like.

there was also a classic Twilight Zone episode that was done on the same principle - only the TZ episode had a dictating machine that could create or delete people.

-------
final thought - is there an afterlife for deleted threads?

oak street1981 is a good poster. Though he should have titled his post "Jerry Kill?" or "Transfer Portal News" then it would have gone on forever..

Right up there with "Kirby Puckett."

Jim Harbaugh is going to switch from Tan Khakis to Black, and coach PJ Fleck is going to grow his hair back in 2024. Deleted predictions for the new year. In fact if Gopher Football fans drink 2,000,000 cans of Duck Duck beer the coach will even grow a beard.

No it was just a poorly written, and not very relevant post that was not holding up very well, so I tried to get rid of it not too long after I put it up,, but for some reason all I could do was edit the subject line and delete the text of the post. Usually there is a delete option at the bottom of each post, but in this case there was not one.

The post was about the visiting Cal Fans filling most of the field at Stanford after their last PAC12 game. I stumbled across the video from last month on Youtube and it reminded me of the the 2002 Gopher - Iowa 2002 game, less the goalposts coming down. Now that I think about it either the Oregon State or Washington St. fans swarmed the field at Husky Stadium a couple of years ago, so it has happened.

Are you new here? Around these parts we don't delete and hide our crap posts. We dig our feet in, double down, and get ready to fight to the death to defend our sh!t takes.

-MPLS Gopher

Top Bottom