Delay of game

gold4

Reaction score
Why was Ohio called for delay of game at the end of the game?

I've seen that it was because the kicker kicked the ball after the timeout was called. Didn't know that was a rule but I guess it is. Not sure how often it is called though.

They snapped and kicked the ball after the whistle had blown for the Gopher time-out. It was for all the people who say we get screwed by the officials. They had our back today.

They snapped and kicked the ball after the whistle had blown for the Gopher time-out. It was for all the people who say we get screwed by the officials. They had our back today.

Yes and no. He missed the kick by a lot so there was probably more risk in the Hail Mary then there was in that kid making a 50+ yard field goal. And agree the issue was they snapped and kicked the ball after the whistle blew which is why they were flagged.

Horrible horrible call.. And thank you!! This could be called on every team.. Everyone does it every NFL team does it. Basketball lots of players shot the ball after a foul is called that is also by rule a delay of game. In that situation it is unbelievable. That coach has every right to be pissed off.

Horrible horrible call.. And thank you!! This could be called on every team.. Everyone does it every NFL team does it. Basketball lots of players shot the ball after a foul is called that is also by rule a delay of game. In that situation it is unbelievable. That coach has every right to be pissed off.

What does basketball and the NFL have to do with this? They all have different rules.

Seemed like a pretty crappy spot to break out that call. Also surprised their wasn't a safety on one of James' botched return attempts. Two calls that went our way today.

Seemed like a pretty crappy spot to break out that call. Also surprised their wasn't a safety on one of James' botched return attempts. Two calls that went our way today.

I believe there wasn't a safety because nobody ever controlled the ball (it went right through James's arms). If he had caught it, then fumbled and the ball went back into the end zone, it would have been a safety.

I believe there wasn't a safety because nobody ever controlled the ball (it went right through James's arms). If he had caught it, then fumbled and the ball went back into the end zone, it would have been a safety.

Correct. Because it was a muffed punt, it isn't a safety.

I take the delay penalty as payback for the false start that allowed Ohio to get a second chance on the field goal that initially hit the uprights.

There's a difference between snapping the ball and kicking it right when the timeout was called, compared to what Ohio did today. They snapped the ball a full 3 seconds after the whistle blew for the timeout. It was the right call.

hockey has a penalty for shooting after the whistle and it's enforced all the time. Don't see what it has to do with college football though. Are you saying they should ignore a rule because it's a dumb rule? That would certainly make games more entertaining to see what the refs for that week decided were dumb rules.

There's a difference between snapping the ball and kicking it right when the timeout was called, compared to what Ohio did today. They snapped the ball a full 3 seconds after the whistle blew for the timeout. It was the right call.

This. It's one thing if is is snapped simultaneous but another if it is a full few seconds after the whistle, which is what happened.

The flag was thrown before the kick by the referee as the play clock expired. Delay of game. Kill calls timeout with the side judge just before the snap. Time out granted. The clock stops. And the penalty was enforced.

The flag was thrown before the kick by the referee as the play clock expired. Delay of game. Kill calls timeout with the side judge just before the snap. Time out granted. The clock stops. And the penalty was enforced.

Back judge is the only official that calls delay of game for zero on the clock. The Referee made this call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom