Defensive rebounding

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
Honest question: Why do we rarely have anyone near the basket attempting to get a defensive rebound?

Is part of the strategy to just give up the rebound but try to prevent any fast breaks?

With a small roster and being undersized, the staff prefers that the team prevent any runouts versus risking unnecessary fouls. There have been a few threads that have discussed this concept at one point or another. I imagine that it will not be the norm in the future.

Honest question: Why do we rarely have anyone near the basket attempting to get an offensive rebound?

Is part of the strategy to just give up the rebound but try to prevent any fast breaks?
358 teams and the Gophers are 355th currently on offensive rebounds with 6.2
Defensive rebounds they are at 211th with 25 a game.
(Everyone knew what you meant of course)

With a small roster and being undersized, the staff prefers that the team prevent any runouts versus risking unnecessary fouls. There have been a few threads that have discussed this concept at one point or another. I imagine that it will not be the norm in the future.
This is a really big part of it. Keep teams out of the penalty and protect your thin roster.

Honest question: Why do we rarely have anyone near the basket attempting to get a defensive rebound?

I assume you mean we don't crash the Offensive boards?

We barely get enough defensive rebounds. Offensive rebounds are the least of our concerns.

Top Bottom