Decker to Denver!!!

Best decision Denver's made all draft. Congrats Eric!

Had a feeling that's where he was gonna end up.

Shades of Ed McCaffrey... tough as nails, solid receiver.

As a lifelong Raiders fan this pains me deeply. Although he's my 2nd favorite Gopher of all-time, so I'm really hoping he gets traded.

As a Broncos fan, I'm happy with it. Between Decker, Williams and Royal they shouldn't miss Brandon Marshall too much.

As a Broncos fan, I'm happy with it. Between Decker, Williams and Royal they shouldn't miss Brandon Marshall too much.

LOL, I like Decker as much as the next gopher fan, BUT Marshall is the best WR in football right now.

Denver Coach McDaniels

Saw a certain great possession receiver for years in New England - some guy named Welker. No surprise at all Eric Decker ended up with him in Denver.

IF he stays healthy - I believe #7 will have a nice NFL career.

Decker's foot obviously cost him big time in the draft, HUGE steal for Denver late in the 3rd round. Charley Casserly just specificially singled him out as a great pick at the start of NFL Networks draft recap show. My only concern is that Denver seems like a mess right now with the decisions McDaniels has made. Eric's production will certainly be limited if they put Tebow on the field.

Decker's foot obviously cost him big time in the draft, HUGE steal for Denver late in the 3rd round. Charley Casserly just specificially singled him out as a great pick at the start of NFL Networks draft recap show. My only concern is that Denver seems like a mess right now with the decisions McDaniels has made. Eric's production will certainly be limited if they put Tebow on the field.

yes because Tebow is not a winner or anything

Congrats to Eric! I look forward to watching him on sundays.

"yes because Tebow is not a winner or anything" bankonit
"Yeah, that Tebow...he's gonna suck. Just like at FL." Carlson 79

Totally agree. Because winning the Heisman equals success in the NFL...just like:
Troy Smith
Jason White
Eric Crouch
Chris Weinke
Danny Wuerffle
Rashaan Salaam
Charlie Ward
Gino Torretta
Andre Ware

"yes because Tebow is not a winner or anything" bankonit
"Yeah, that Tebow...he's gonna suck. Just like at FL." Carlson 79

Totally agree. Because winning the Heisman equals success in the NFL...just like:
Troy Smith
Jason White
Eric Crouch
Chris Weinke
Danny Wuerffle
Rashaan Salaam
Charlie Ward
Gino Torretta
Andre Ware

Hey, Ward was just fine playing in the NBA...No NFl rings though...Or NBA ones...Or MLB ones...Damn, 0/3

Can we PLEASE as a society stop comparing Decker or any other white college reciever to other white WR's when they come out. And the fact that Gerhart was compared to Alstott by the guys on ESPN almost made me puke also.

yes because Tebow is not a winner or anything

And we all know that being a winner in college helped Gino Toretta, Eric Crouch, Danny Wuerffel and Jason White become succesful NFL QBs.

LOL, I like Decker as much as the next gopher fan, BUT Marshall is the best WR in football right now.

I wasn't comparing Decker to Marshall. I said collectively they won't miss him too much. FWIW, Marshall is certainly NOT the best WR in football. Not even close. He's also one dumb-*ss move away from being suspended for an entire season. Give it time, it'll happen.

Can we PLEASE as a society stop comparing Decker or any other white college reciever to other white WR's when they come out. And the fact that Gerhart was compared to Alstott by the guys on ESPN almost made me puke also.

It's terrible. And Reusse was comparing Gerhardt to Rick Fenney. Good lord. I mean why not Scottie Graham? :cool:

This is a perfect match

Don't you see that Eric Decker will make Tim Tebow a solid NFL QB? Just like he did for Adam Weber. This will go down as a nice pariing of two very complimentary players. Tebow can't thow long, but he can throw the routes and that fits Eric to a Tee!

Agreed. One of the most annoying aspects of the sports world's talking heads. I would think that the so called experts would be able to get over looking at superficial differences and at actual playing styles.

I compare Decker to Anquan Bolden. Maybe Decker's a shade faster, but his money is going to be made in the NFL going over the middle and using his strength and size to make a ton of catches. The bonus is that Decker is going to be able to get deep with more consistency that someone like Bolden.

Top Bottom