Decker and Triplett getting drafted

MNbricks

Reaction score
will help with recruiting even though these were Mason's guys.... Things are looking up!

You might be right but I would think that he will be in the practice squad.

Usually but Brew had to suck Brad off so one of his players gets drafter so he can take more credit for his coaching credentials.

Just as all the posters said he would never be more than a special teamer for the Gophers, he may well surprise again.

Just as all the posters said he would never be more than a special teamer for the Gophers, he may well surprise again.

I'm just excited and happy for these two, who worked hard to get a chance to fulfill their dream of playing in the NFL. I'm sure Brewster wouldn't miss a chance to mention these guys as he recruit.

I am a Vikings fan first and Gophers second, but this was a wasted pick. He has NO CHANCE of making this team

Just ignore Gopher15. He is a troll that is just bitter.

here is what the yahoo draft board said about him

National Football Post: A physical interior presence who has some instincts inside and is at his best attacking downhill.

He will make the team, and most likely be a special teams stud. Given a few more years of development, he could end up being a decent NFL linebacker.

Good for Nate! I always liked his potential and felt he should have seen more PT in 2008. He could be a Dave Osborne type and just keeps on getting better and better.

Huge reach for the Vikings, no value in this pick, would have been a solid 7th rounder or better yet a undrafted FA.

I think Triplett can contribute. Maybe a reach, but it was the fifth round.

Surprised Lawrence wasn't drafted, but my guess is both he and Campbell will sign FA contracts.

Absolute wasted pick. They could've gotten him in the last round or as a FA.

Maybe he can call Rick Rickert or Toby Gardenhire for advice.

Im not big on the Triplett signing but good for him, I thought Simoni would get drafted before Triplett, shows what I know.

will help with recruiting even though these were Mason's guys.... Things are looking up!

It shouldn't be earth shattering news for a B10 team to produce 2 draft picks. If Brewster lives up to the recruiting hype, he should have at least 4-5 players drafted every year. Here's how the B10 fared in this year's draft.

Iowa (6)
Penn St. (6)
Ohio St. (4)
Illinois (3)
Indiana (3)
Michigan (3)
Northwestern (3)
Minnesota (2)
Wisconsin (2)
Purdue (1)
Michigan St. (1)

If Brewster lives up to the recruiting hype, he should have at least 4-5 players drafted every year.

Why don't you wait until his players actually start entering the draft before you start getting all snotty.

Why don't you wait until his players actually start entering the draft before you start getting all snotty.

You know, for a super hero your reading comprehension stinks. The keywords in my post were IF and SHOULD.

He had several who waited for the phone call all weekend including 2 or 3 that were "highly touted" 4 star recruits when they arrived on campus.

Triplett wasn't a reach late in the 5th round, he wasnt gonna be there in the late sixth round. He was the best player left in the board. Thats how the vikings seem to draft the later rounds. ala Griffen. They don't need a DE, that is actually one of our strengths, but he was easily the best player at the time. Scouts loved his combination of size speed and strength. He was very smooth in his drills at the combine and pro day. Most of the draft boards had him as a 6th round pick but scouts believed he would be taken higher. Triplett will make the 53 man roster. Probably not as a linebacker and he knows that. He is a project, but they dont need him to contribute right away. It might take 2 or 3 years which is totally fine if he is making a difference on special teams. At the worst id project him as a Heath Farewell. There are 32 teams the want Farewell on their team for being such a special team stud. Good for Trip! Good for Decker! I wish the vikes would have picked him up! I am super pumped to see Toby Garehart in the purple and gold! I have a feeling he will be the steal of the draft!

Triplett was not a reach for the Vikings

He would not have been available by the sixth round pick for the Vikes and there evaluation is he is pretty good. This was no favor to Brew, Nate made this happen in the drills and his play this season. I will take the talent evaluation of the Vikings scouting staff over the opinion of a bunch of rubes on the Gopher message board.

If you didn't see how many times Tripplett was the first one down the field making special teams tackles the last 2-3 years you were not paying attention. Nate T is going to prove a lot of people wrong and he will be a contributor for the Vikes. Vikes need more LB's Henderson's injuries, and Brinkley was pretty raw. Greenway will be a free agent in a year or two, they are smart to start bringing in more backers now, Triplett is not only going to make the 53 man roster he will make a lot of special teams tackles this coming season. Kid is just starting to mature into the football player he will be.

Just like on the basketball board....Art is full of joy and happy thoughts. One negative guy. Wow, go see a therapist.

Top Bottom