Debbie Downer thread

Sparlimb

Reaction score
There goes our wining streak in Big Ten Games against the spread...

j/k

Kill's only 1-22 when his team is trailing at the half

We missed an extra point.

We gave up too many yards.

Waaaaaa Wuhhhhhhh

I told my wife it was as if "Vegas Called".

The game winning field goal drive kept alive by a ticky tack questionable penalty on the complete opposite side of the field. Can't believe it was called, can't believe the Purdue kid was dumb enough to be doing it, and still can't believe we came back. We may still have found a way to win, but that was a really questionable call (and I didn't like 3 or 4 calls against us during the game either, like the Maxx Williams cut block where he hit their kid in the shoulder).

I told my wife it was as if "Vegas Called".

The game winning field goal drive kept alive by a ticky tack questionable penalty on the complete opposite side of the field. Can't believe it was called, can't believe the Purdue kid was dumb enough to be doing it, and still can't believe we came back. We may still have found a way to win, but that was a really questionable call (and I didn't like 3 or 4 calls against us during the game either, like the Maxx Williams cut block where he hit their kid in the shoulder).

I think the worst call was the personal foul called on Wilson after the penalty when Thompson was hit. He barely touched the guy and he totally flopped.

I think the worst call was the personal foul called on Wilson after the penalty when Thompson was hit. He barely touched the guy and he totally flopped.

Not sure if you guys were at the game or not, but that call was NOT on Wilson at all. Wells (#3) came off the bench (he was not an active player) on the play and pushed the Purdue guy down. Wells actually may get suspended for next week for that dumb play. They said Wilson, but meant Wells.

Not sure if you guys were at the game or not, but that call was NOT on Wilson at all. Wells (#3) came off the bench (he was not an active player) on the play and pushed the Purdue guy down. Wells actually may get suspended for next week for that dumb play. They said Wilson, but meant Wells.

Where I was, I couldn't tell. I was livid at Wilson though when they said it was him.

Hopefully Jerry kicks Wells in the ass for that one.

I am an emotional wreck after a game like that. In the bad old days before sobriety, that game would have required a 6-pack and several one-hits to regain my composure. Now, I have to get by with listening to Springsteen and reading Gopher hole.

I don't think that is a certainty. You're right about Wells doing that but the penalty was thrown right after Wilson "pushed" the guy down. I really think they were calling it on Wilson.

It was too cloudy and then it got too sunny. I didn't bring my sunglasses.

Am I the only who respects Wells a lot more after that? To see a teammate do that would sure as hell fire me up if I was a player. Great teammate IMO

Am I the only who respects Wells a lot more after that? To see a teammate do that would sure as hell fire me up if I was a player. Great teammate IMO

Great teammate. Bad decision. Almost cost us the game if not for a 4th and 1 stop.

I am all for sticking up for your teammates but in a close game that is a terrible decision on his part. Instead of Purdue killing themselves with a stupid penalty you negate that and they end up with a first down deep in your territory. You have to keep your cool in that situation and not hurt your team. And if Wells did in fact come off the bench (couldn't tell at the game) then he is probably looking at a suspension which hurts the team even more.

From ESPN write up: 'That possession was kept alive by an overturned fumble call on Leidner, giving the Gophers a .333 average on replay reviews.'

Kill really needs to address our replay review percentage. .333 will never get us to Indy.

From ESPN write up: 'That possession was kept alive by an overturned fumble call on Leidner, giving the Gophers a .333 average on replay reviews.'

Kill really needs to address our replay review percentage. .333 will never get us to Indy.

Good enough in baseball. Imagine if Joe Mauer could hit that. He'd make 20 million a year.

Good enough in baseball. Imagine if Joe Mauer could hit that. He'd make 20 million a year.

It was also good enough in this game. That fumble which was ruled an incomplete pass was the only call that really sent me over the edge. Even my Badger friend who happened to be watching the game says that was a horse**** call. But it doesn't matter because we beat the stripeys and Purdue.

I, too, had issues with several calls by the circus act disguised as refs, but that wasn't one of them.
First Post here, long time Gopher fan. Ditched my MIAC game to see the Gophers and I was not disappointed; what a great atmosphere. Can't include the refs though. Maybe those "referees" stopped by the costume shop, bought referee uniforms and showed up at the game. Halloween is coming up! They were brutal.

It was also good enough in this game. That fumble which was ruled an incomplete pass was the only call that really sent me over the edge. Even my Badger friend who happened to be watching the game says that was a horse**** call. But it doesn't matter because we beat the stripeys and Purdue.

What also ticked me off was that they didn't let the whole thing play out, then make their decision. If they did overturn that we still would have gotten screwed because we would have gotten the ball on the 3 yard line since the whistle blew.

This

What also ticked me off was that they didn't let the whole thing play out, then make their decision. If they did overturn that we still would have gotten screwed because we would have gotten the ball on the 3 yard line since the whistle blew.

There was no way to give forward credit. When they blew the whistle, people stopped playing as per rule.

It was a terrible missed call, I am not sure I would love the precedent that spotted the ball at the imaginary 34.

Top Bottom