Dear Local Media,

4four4

Reaction score
Stuff it. Jerry Kill and company deserve my kudos!

Thanks,

Thanks,

No, it's obvious that this team wasn't reaching its true potential under Kill. They needed Claeys as HC in order to play at their best. We should think about letting Kill go and going forward with Claeys.

/s

No, it's obvious that this team wasn't reaching its true potential under Kill. They needed Claeys as HC in order to play at their best. We should think about letting Kill go and going forward with Claeys.

I was thinking the same thing. Tracy can promote or hire a new DC next year.

I don't focus on the media but this was a great win for this program at this stage.

/s

Love it!!!;)

Can't simply enjoy the biggest win in the Jerry Kill era. Have to whine about the media.

I want to know if Mike Claeys is going to keep using Robert Nelson, and if he plans to work Kirkland into the game more.

I really liked the way they got Donovahn James involved on those runs. Big runs that proved to be crucial plays to our scoring drives. Man...talk about the exact opposite of vanilla today. Motion and changes in formation on almost every play.

Did anyone hear Ray Hitchcock on the postgame? Holy smokes. Shots fired at Souhan. He called him out for his insensitive column, and basically said there's a reason he never made it out of the Midwest and reiterated that it's clear that he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Did anyone hear Ray Hitchcock on the postgame? Holy smokes. Shots fired at Souhan. He called him out for his insensitive column, and basically said there's a reason he never made it out of the Midwest and reiterated that it's clear that he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

I posted this in the Post-Game Thoughts thread:

"I don't want to start a media conversation, but Hitchcock just ripped on Soahan on the postgame show. He didn't call him by name but he first reference the article about Kill, then essentially said the same guy wrote that Northwestern should be putting feelers out there for a new coach, essentially saying Fitzgerald could/should get fired. Hitchcock then said something like, "well I think that just proves he doesn't know what he is talking about. But I kinda feel bad for the guy. He probably wanted to move up to work in a big market, but he's stuck here in the midwest."

It was a short, but pretty sweet shot at Souhan. Just made me laugh."

Oct. 1
magpie
They still think we're going bowling? I'd have thought only the homers here were that delusional.

How about Randall Cobb's running ability? Man, he looks good.

Even before that, the radio post game had on Brock Vereen and he very calmly said there is nothing more dangerous than an angry motivated football team and ripped the media calling them pathetic and going after Kill when he was down

Direct quote from Judd Zulgad during their picks segment Friday shortly after noon: "I'm going with a sunshine, a ray of hope and a Nebraska cover. You hear that Gopherholers? I'm on your side, you're only going to get beat by 12 or 14." To which Dubay said, "I hope you get beat up at Nadine Babu's tailgate party."

Direct quote from Judd Zulgad during their picks segment Friday shortly after noon: "I'm going with a sunshine, a ray of hope and a Nebraska cover. You hear that Gopherholers? I'm on your side, you're only going to get beat by 12 or 14." To which Dubay said, "I hope you get beat up at Nadine Babu's tailgate party."

Any reports that he was beat up at Nadine's tailgate? That would be (tongue in cheek) great.

You're an idiot.....Jerry didnt even coach the last two games that they won. I knew threads like this would come. Jerry had nothing to do with the games!!

Thanks,

You're an idiot.....Jerry didnt even coach the last two games that they won. I knew threads like this would come. Jerry had nothing to do with the games!!

Definitely a dpodoll award winner!!!

"congratulations on reaching an epic-heretofore-unheard-of-level-of-dumbassery "

Really? I'm hoping you're tongue in cheek. Jerry put this staff together, and fostered great loyalty, which has allowed them to be good in spite of adversity. Credit to Claeys and the rest of the coaching staff, but credit Kill as well.

You are a prime-time troll, ain't ya. Like I said before, the only way you know support is when you're wearing your mom's bra. Stick with what you know best.

Really? I'm hoping you're tongue in cheek. Jerry put this staff together, and fostered great loyalty, which has allowed them to be good in spite of adversity. Credit to Claeys and the rest of the coaching staff, but credit Kill as well.

Nah, check his other posts. He's just someone who has way too much time on his hands.

Can't simply enjoy the biggest win in the Jerry Kill era. Have to whine about the media.

Not whining. Vindicating showing up is more like it. Also, 'eff most the local media. When it comes to Gopher football they don't know very much anyhow.

Since I know Judd Zulgad will be reading this, I'll take 30 seconds out of my day to write his commentary for him. "And now the delusional Gopher fans, all 50 of them, are so full of themselves after beating a disinterested Nebraska team that they've taken the liberty to call out the media who dared to question their absentee coach and are now bickering over which bowl destination is best. I've got news for you, you're not going to the Rose Bowl. And, in typical Gopher fashion, their cute, plucky little squad will win one more game to secure a trip back to Houston."

I just hope that I can get to high ground to hear some of his response through the static from their poweful 150 watt radio station.

Definitely a dpodoll award winner!!!

"congratulations on reaching an epic-heretofore-unheard-of-level-of-dumbassery "

Talk about an understatement! His statement achieved reached new heights in dumbassery.

Since I know Judd Zulgad will be reading this, I'll take 30 seconds out of my day to write his commentary for him. "And now the delusional Gopher fans, all 50 of them, are so full of themselves after beating a disinterested Nebraska team that they've taken the liberty to call out the media who dared to question their absentee coach and are now bickering over which bowl destination is best. I've got news for you, you're not going to the Rose Bowl. And, in typical Gopher fashion, their cute, plucky little squad will win one more game to secure a trip back to Houston."

I just hope that I can get to high ground to hear some of his response through the static from their poweful 150 watt radio station.

Kudos to you - well done!

Since you're obviously trolling and dislike Jerry, let's delve and see how much you really know. Are you unaware that Jerry was at the last 2 games? What makes you think he didn't coach? Who did you get your information from?

He WAS at the last 2 games. He spoke to the team both games. How do you know what he did or DIDN'T do in respect to "coaching?" Do you know what he does on games he does "coach?" If so, how was it different than the last 2 weeks, other than his location (booth instead of sideline)?

If you're getting your info. first-hand, because you were there, I'll give your comments some stock. If you got your info. second, or third-hand (like from the media), then your comments are less valid, probably invalid.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Bravo!!!

So much bitterness on this forum today. Bitter at Holtz, bitter at Reusse, bitter at Zulad, bitter at all of the media. And probably a good contingent rooting for the Vikings to lose tonight. Good lord. Lighten up and enjoy the win.

So much bitterness on this forum today. Bitter at Holtz, bitter at Reusse, bitter at Zulad, bitter at all of the media. And probably a good contingent rooting for the Vikings to lose tonight. Good lord. Lighten up and enjoy the win.

Hey howeda, then maybe people should stop bringing them up? Seems like every time it starts to "die down" somebody comes on and whines about the whiners. Then a post like this happens and so on and so on and so on...:eek:

Top Bottom