Dear Damien, Lawrence, and Devron,

beowulftom

Reaction score
Just a quick note to say thanks.

As you slip from the Gopher fan focus, I want to wish you well in the world, in all your particular endeavors. Life, as they say, is more than just basketball. But I do believe in the value of sports as a life-school. Playing together, never giving up, sacrificing one's centric needs for a shared goal. Players are certainly trying to win games but, at some level, are studying the foundations of living successfully and ethically. And hopefully the vicarious process of being a fan teaches us some of those things too.

Best of luck to all of you

beo

As you slip from the Gopher fan focus, I want to wish you well in the world, in all your particular endeavors. Life, as they say, is more than just basketball. But I do believe in the value of sports as a life-school. Playing together, never giving up, sacrificing one's centric needs for a shared goal. Players are certainly trying to win games but, at some level, are studying the foundations of living successfully and ethically. And hopefully the vicarious process of being a fan teaches us some of those things things too.

A tip of the hat to them. They will always be Gophers and the Barn will always be their home.

:clap::clap::clap:

As you slip from the Gopher fan focus, I want to wish you well in the world, in all your particular endeavors. Life, as they say, is more than just basketball. But I do believe in the value of sports as a life-school. Playing together, never giving up, sacrificing one's centric needs for a shared goal. Players are certainly trying to win games but, at some level, are studying the foundations of living successfully and ethically. And hopefully the vicarious process of being a fan teaches us some of those things too.

Good stuff. It sucks to see our seniors leave, but hopefully life outside of school and gophers basketball will be good to them.

Thanks guys for graduating and being Gophers. Wishing you the best with whatever dreams you have for life after Gopher basketball.

Thanks

+ 100 .... We were proud to call you Gophers!

Well said. The seniors have left good memories and laid a foundation for continued success into the future.

Cheers

+200

We appreciate your hard work and dedication through the years, may your futures be great.

+1 million

I have to echo the sentiments. This team, with its trials and tribulations, lows and highs, has reawakened my love for Gopher basketball. I can't thank the guys enough for hanging in there, fighting until the end and giving us a good show.

Damien Johnson, especially, will live on in my memories of Gopher basketball in the ilk of Ariel McDonald and Randy Carter. He is just that quintissential guy that brought it. He got better every year he was here and very clearly worked his ass off for four years. I am very sorry to see him go and hope there is someone on the squad that can try to fill his shoes.

Well said. Thanks to all 3 of you for your hard work and dedication as Gophers. I wish you all the best of luck and success in your future endeavors.

As you slip from the Gopher fan focus, I want to wish you well in the world, in all your particular endeavors........

Especially Damien, what a class act, 110% all the time, not a complainer, a genuine love for the game, he will be successful whatever he does...

Way to own the Badgers the last few years guys. Best of luck in the future.

Top Bottom