Dear Cory Joseph,

From the Barn

Reaction score
If you want to play for a bubble team, play for the Gophers. Rick Barnes can't coach, and Texas can't win.

I've lost a ton of respect for Barnes' coaching ability this year. The way that their team completely forgets that they have Dexter Pitman, and the fact that Jordan Hamilton doesn't understand that he's not Kevin Durant... they've got an abundance of talented guards but still can't get the job done...

And with Cory as our PG, the Gophers aren't a bubble team... If we had just won the games where we had double digit leads with 10 minutes or less to play, we're ranked right now. Having a talented PG who can calm the team, make good decisions and score when he's open is the biggest key to keeping a team composed and holding on to those leads.

Texas is getting beat by a woeful Oklahoma team, and will soon find themselves on the bubble. If Joseph wants to play for a "winner" needs to find a team other than Texas.

Saber must just be smarter than you all. He gets it (I was referring to bubble teams this year, not with Joseph next year).

I've lost a ton of respect for Barnes' coaching ability this year. The way that their team completely forgets that they have Dexter Pitman, and the fact that Jordan Hamilton doesn't understand that he's not Kevin Durant... they've got an abundance of talented guards but still can't get the job done...

And with Cory as our PG, the Gophers aren't a bubble team... If we had just won the games where we had double digit leads with 10 minutes or less to play, we're ranked right now. Having a talented PG who can calm the team, make good decisions and score when he's open is the biggest key to keeping a team composed and holding on to those leads.

Agreed. I think Cory could be a cure to our end-of-game lapses. A backcourt of Cory and Devoe Joseph would be amazing, hopefully it comes to fruition.

Next year

The Gophers will have the bubble in the rear view mirror, if they can still see it at all.

Joseph, Nolen, Cobbs, Hoffarber, Joseph??? at G
Carter, Williams, Hollins, Mbakwe?? White? at F
Sampson, Iverson at C
Eliason at Red Shirt
Allen at G after the Rose Bowl.

1995-96 Gophers won a bunch down the stretch (6 of 7, I think) to finish at 10-8, 18-12, including a win at Illinois. The got snubbed and went 27-3 the next year, and likely would have won it all had Harris been healthy. They too ware pretty young and had some injury issues (B. Jackson). I see a lot of similarities between the 95-96 team and this one. Could Cory Joseph be the one to put us over the top, much like Bobby Jackson did?

And Cory if you could do half of what you did tonight against who ever you played you will be a basketball god at Minnesota-

Per Marcus Twitter-

Gophers target Cory Joseph had 38 pts (12 of 15 FG and 14 of 15 FTs) with 10 rebounds and 10 assists in a win Friday for Findlay Prep.

If you want to play for a bubble team, play for the Gophers. Rick Barnes can't coach, and Texas can't win.

(PS Cory.. just forget about the fact that Texas is a lock this year, not a bubble team, and forget about the fact that Barnes has coached in the NCAA tournament in each of the last 14 years, and will make it 15 this year.. and um, also forget that in the past 8 years, only once has Texas not made it past the first round of the tourney, including last year when they smoked a certain team from the Big Ten)

The performance of Texas the last several weeks has been putrid, but they are still not a team I'd like to face in the tourney. A comeback against Awfulahoma tonight would do them good.

I thought it was widely known that Barnes was a garbage coach. He's an excellent recruiter, but he's also at a school that gives him every resource in the world. Barnes couldn't get Texas into the Sweet 16 when they had Durant dropping 40 on everyone. He's had NBA players every year and hasn't done anything of note.

And Cory if you could do half of what you did tonight against who ever you played you will be a basketball god at Minnesota

They beat Westwind Prep (AZ) on Friday where Cory put up those numbers.. but, Westwind is (a) not very good and (b) loves to run... not taking anything away from Joseph, but the final was 120-106... Nick Johnson (2011) who is a stud had 34 points and 11 boards, Mark Petrovic had 20 and 12 and Godwin Okonji had 23 points and 14 rebounds. Lots of stats stuffing in that one.

PS - On Saturday, Cory's encore performance included 21 points, 10 boards, but only 9 assists. Sheesh, not even a triple double. That was against Impact Academy (NV), who Findlay demolished 120-65.

Findlay is now done until April 1st. Well, as far as this season is concerned. Findlay after this year's postseason is in bigger jeopardy, since their 'school', Henderson International, is closing a couple of campuses, including the high school. Findlay Prep, which isn't a school itself, may try to latch on to another private school... but it's possible it could just 'end'.

I know people love to be optimistic, but I have it from a good source that there is "no chance" he ends up at MN. Now I hope that source is wrong and things can change, but look for him to sign with UCONN or Texas when the Spring Signing period starts. Those are his two finalists. He does not want to play with his brother in MN. These are not my opinions, just what I was told from someone very close to the team

well im pretty sure Kentucky will have the best shot at getting him after they offer him a pro type contract to sign, he'd be closer to home and play with his brother here, and I dont know if you have a brother, but unless they absolutley hate each other, every brother wants to play on the same team, so im thinking your source is nut case. We need uconn's back court to stay, Kemba walker and avery bradley of texas both need to stay in school to give us the best shot, but theres always kentucky

I know people love to be optimistic, but I have it from a good source that there is "no chance" he ends up at MN. Now I hope that source is wrong and things can change, but look for him to sign with UCONN or Texas when the Spring Signing period starts. Those are his two finalists. He does not want to play with his brother in MN. These are not my opinions, just what I was told from someone very close to the team

And is that information current as of now or was it current after our loss to Northwestern? Things like that will usually change from day to day and I highly doubt he has completely ruled us out. After our loss to Northwestern when it seemed Tubby may have lost the team and the NCAA tournament was out of the question I'm sure we didn't seem like an attractive option to him, but a lot has changed since then and I wouldn't be surprised if he's been warming up to the thought of playing here since there's a little more excitement surrounding the team and they appear to be back on track.

well im pretty sure Kentucky will have the best shot at getting him after they offer him a pro type contract to sign, he'd be closer to home and play with his brother here, and I dont know if you have a brother, but unless they absolutley hate each other, every brother wants to play on the same team, so im thinking your source is nut case. We need uconn's back court to stay, Kemba walker and avery bradley of texas both need to stay in school to give us the best shot, but theres always kentucky

If my source is a nut case then I guess the Men's team is full of them. Which could be very true.

I have a brother, and although I care about him very much, but there is something to be said for going out on your own, which is what I was told Cory is thinking.

If my source is a nut case then I guess the Men's team is full of them. Which could be very true.

I have a brother, and although I care about him very much, but there is something to be said for going out on your own, which is what I was told Cory is thinking.

When? Today? Yesterday? Three weeks ago?

Monday, March 1st

Thanks. Hopefully he's wrong. I'm not saying he's comin here, but I would find it hard to believe that we're not even in the picture anymore, especially if we happen to have an exciting end of the seaon that results in a game or two in the NCAA tournament.

Thanks. Hopefully he's wrong. I'm not saying he's comin here, but I would find it hard to believe that we're not even in the picture anymore, especially if we happen to have an exciting end of the seaon that results in a game or two in the NCAA tournament.

You should probably know better than to listen to some idiot BADger troll...

I love how we get caught up in all of the 'inside' info. The kid himself probably doesn't know. I changed my mind about 1,000 times right up until I starting signing paperwork and I'm sure that was a much easier decision. Frankly, even if it was from a player, unless it was Devoe himself it doesn't mean much. My guess is he will downplay the chances Cory coming to his teamates unless he's sure of it so as not to create a big disappointment if he goes elsewhere.

You should probably know better than to listen to some idiot BADger troll...

Totally uncalled for. A honest attempt to inject some info to this topic and I am called an idiot. Thank you for the kind words. And how am I a troll?

Hindsight is 20/20...

But I had it from a source on the BB team.

Hey good job. You guessed the most probable situation...and it happened. Next time you have a "source" tell us who it is. It's not like you are a reporter keeping confidentiality.

Oh and good job coming back a month and a half later patting yourself on the back. That's what secure people do.

Are you really a Gopher fan AND a Badger fan....LOL!

Hey good job. You guessed the most probable situation...and it happened. Next time you have a "source" tell us who it is. It's not like you are a reporter keeping confidentiality.

Oh and good job coming back a month and a half later patting yourself on the back. That's what secure people do.

Are you really a Gopher fan AND a Badger fan....LOL!

:D

I didnt guess. If you read my post, I said it was not opinion, it was words from a source.

My source was Devoe Joseph.

I am a fan of both - Gopher BB and Badger FB.

And I am guilty of the pat on the back, but it was more a shot at the guy calling me a troll and telling me my source was an idiot.

I didnt guess. If you read my post, I said it was not opinion, it was words from a source.

And I am guilty of the pat on the back, but it was more a shot at the guy calling me a troll and telling me my source was an idiot.

Pretty good source, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherbadgerman

Devoe Joseph told you this?

Hey dick I will guarantee you your source was not Devoe Joseph....unless you are his creepy stalker which wouldn't surprise me with that stupid avatar picture you have. Seriously you are a BADger troll and an idiot and I honestly don't think anyone would be sad at all if you never posted here again. All you do is rip our teams, go away.

I agree ND. Sounds like gopherbadgerman is full of fluff.

Hey dick I will guarantee you your source was not Devoe Joseph....unless you are his creepy stalker which wouldn't surprise me with that stupid avatar picture you have. Seriously you are a BADger troll and an idiot and I honestly don't think anyone would be sad at all if you never posted here again. All you do is rip our teams, go away.

Personal attack, totally uncalled for. Are you Ghost of Bierman or something? Resorting to childish name calling is for 10 year olds, please refrain from it, I have never posted anything personally offensive to you or anyone else on this board. You do not know me, calling me a dick and an idiot is a little over the top because you dont agree with a post, dont you think.

This is why boards end up going down the toilet, people ripping the piss out of others for making posts that dont make the masses happy.

My exact source was D. Dawson, Devoe's Roomate, whom I saw on campus while I was there for a work function, I asked, and he told me that was what Devoe told him.

Look at my posts, there are plenty of positive and hopeful ones about the Gophers, but you choose to pick out the ones that suit your agenda to rip me.

Regardless, I hold no ill will towards you, you are entitled to your opinion. I hope you enjoy your Sunday.

Top Bottom