Deacon Hill in Portal

I think the Gophers should consider him. Not joking.

- Backup with experience starting for a B1G school.

- Seth Green-like wildcat option.

- If memory serves, he made Iowa almost unstoppable in short yardage situations.
He’s probably not quite as bad as Iowa made him look. I actually don’t hate this. I want us to add a qb for hopefully just depth this year and to challenge Lindsey next year. Hill has multiple years left, so would fit the bill.

He’s probably not quite as bad as Iowa made him look. I actually don’t hate this. I want us to add a qb for hopefully just depth this year and to challenge Lindsey next year. Hill has multiple years left, so would fit the bill.

I agree.

- If memory serves, he made Iowa almost unstoppable in short yardage situations.
That would have to be a first. Being a QB for the Badgers, Hawkeyes and Gophers in a college career.

If he didn’t want to be a backup in Iowa, why would he come here to be a backup (to a former FCS QB from New Hampshire to boot)?

If he didn’t want to be a backup in Iowa, why would he come here to be a backup (to a former FCS QB from New Hampshire to boot)?
You’re assuming that is the only reason for his transfer decision.

Someone will probably recruit him as a nose tackle.

Makes me wonder, whats the benefit of having a guy "guess he could be worse" as a backup vs. "YOLO maybe a higher ceiling... or completely sucks?"

You’re assuming that is the only reason for his transfer decision.
Well?

It’s the same conf and he’d, at best, be making the same NIL. (Probably somewhat less). Highly doubt it’s academic or why even go to Iowa in the first place.

So …

Last edited:

He might not come here if offered.

If he wants a guaranteed starter role his options are probably limited, though.

Funny former Lester recruit and Northwestern QB enters portal 1 hour later.

I would rather have the NU QB but signing hill as QB2 would silence any QB controversy all year

Seth Green type role aside ... being even a great deal better than Iowa made him look ... could be within the range of unplayable.

There isn't enough funding for our "Free School Lunch" programs to allow this guy to transfer here.

Iowa got the ball back with a chance to drive 25 yards for a game-winning FG. This is the ONLY time in 30+ years I felt 100% confident the Gophers wouldn't screw this up. THAT'S HOW BAD DEACON HILL IS. Think about it.

So, is Brendan Sullivan—who just entered the portal (scoop: Maxy)—going to move from Northwestern over to Iowa? Seems like a good spot for him, especially if Cade McNamara still isn’t back 100%.

Actually, a lot of respect for Deacon Hill among Iowa fans. He is considered to be a great teammate. And he does have strengths. Got crushed by Iowa’s offensive dysfunction.

Attachments

• IMG_6808.png
    IMG_6808.png
    331.5 KB · Views: 7

Another Deacon Hill tweet.

Attachments

• IMG_6809.png
    IMG_6809.png
    300.7 KB · Views: 8

I don’t think Deacon Hill would come here to be a back-up to Brosmer and then to Lindsay. But he has a wealth of experience (save the snickers!) and is a great teammate. And might be a wildcat threat. And knows the Wisconsin and Iowa playbooks!

Seth Green type role aside ... being even a great deal better than Iowa made him look ... could be within the range of unplayable.

I disagree. I think he’d be playable in the roles I described (wildcat and short yardage) and as a backup with starting experience at a winning B1G program.

I disagree. I think he’d be playable in the roles I described (wildcat and short yardage) and as a backup with starting experience at a winning B1G program.
At any other program Iowas offense would have earned sub 4 wins….

Top Bottom