DE Julien Kafo commits!

1160472.jpg

Julien is on the far right. Hopefully he's one of many commits in the coming weeks.

Good pick up. Picked us over offers from Nebraska and Iowa!

I love to get a 20 y/o Freshman. When he's a SR he'll be 24 or 25 y/o. Just such a difference in maturity between a man of that age & an 18 y/o kid.

Just hung up after talking to Julien about his commitment. I am typing up the interview right now.

Good kid and a good get for the gophers.

Chris Monter

He was probably impressed with how balmy it was yesterday since he is from Canada.

Welcome Julien!

A future OLB? I think he could either play OLB, MLB, or gain some weight and be a DE.

If he's already at 6'4" 245 there's little doubt he's a DE in our scheme. Plus we could really use a pass-rushing DE for this class.

He was probably impressed with all balmy it was yesterday since he is from Canada.

Welcome Julien!

+1
He probably thought spring football games aren't too bad here:rolleyes:

See you at TCF and in the B1G, Julian... glad you picked the U!

I really like the fact that we got a DE that is listed at 245 instead of 210-215 lbs.

Julien will be 270+ by the time he's a junior and should be able to hold up well against the run. The kid looks a lot stronger than the typical high school DE recruit.

In regards to keeping the jackets....are you sure about that? Pretty sure they are not allowed to give players recruits stuff like that but are allowed to let them use it during an official visit. I would be really surprised to hear the NCAA let's teams give players a winter coat or any clothing because that is something that could get abused real quick.

But I don't know the exact rules so could definitely be wrong.

I am not sure or this kids birth date but is it possible that he will be a 21 year old redshirt freshman? If so I like the sounds of having a 25 year old holding up against the run in a few years. Especially since last year we had a 17 year old trying to do the same thing.

He hasn't had a committable offer from Nebraska, Iowa, or Pitt for a long time if ever.

- Ideal size
- Decent speed
- Good pass rusher
- Doesn't bend well
- Needs to improve significantly in run game
- Incredibly raw
- 20 years old already

He's a great kid. Welcome aboard, Megatron!

Top Bottom