Dawson Garcia believes the Gophers aren't done winning. But will he be back?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

Garcia said his decision on declaring for the NBA draft or returning will come right after the season. Until then, he's determined to see how far he can take the Gophers (18-13), who open the Big Ten tournament Thursday against Michigan State at Target Center.

"He understands there's a time and place for that stuff," Johnson said. "He's so locked in right now, he wouldn't even entertain thoughts of that."

After Saturday's 90-66 loss at Northwestern, Garcia talked to the team about still wanting to "put ourselves in position to have a special end to the season," he said.

"I still believe in this group," Garcia added. "We're not in the mindset of what some people might do and just pack up the bags. We really want to push this thing forward and get the most out of what's possible."

After his 30-point game in Saturday's regular-season ending loss at Northwestern, Garcia said there was still a lot left to play for. He was also proud of the Gophers' turnaround from last season's nine wins.

Garcia preferred to credit Johnson for that. He called his coach -- not himself -- the face of the program.

"He's going to have the Minnesota Gophers in a great spot for years," Garcia said. "Even after I'm done playing."

Go Gophers!!

Per Marcus:

Garcia said his decision on declaring for the NBA draft or returning will come right after the season. Until then, he's determined to see how far he can take the Gophers (18-13), who open the Big Ten tournament Thursday against Michigan State at Target Center.

"He understands there's a time and place for that stuff," Johnson said. "He's so locked in right now, he wouldn't even entertain thoughts of that."

After Saturday's 90-66 loss at Northwestern, Garcia talked to the team about still wanting to "put ourselves in position to have a special end to the season," he said.

"I still believe in this group," Garcia added. "We're not in the mindset of what some people might do and just pack up the bags. We really want to push this thing forward and get the most out of what's possible."

After his 30-point game in Saturday's regular-season ending loss at Northwestern, Garcia said there was still a lot left to play for. He was also proud of the Gophers' turnaround from last season's nine wins.

Garcia preferred to credit Johnson for that. He called his coach -- not himself -- the face of the program.

"He's going to have the Minnesota Gophers in a great spot for years," Garcia said. "Even after I'm done playing."

Go Gophers!!
Hopefully it is true and CBJ has a good locker room to keep building. Need a big W today!

After the L to MSU:
Garcia: “I definitely think we're continuing to go in the right direction. That's what it's about. We've got guys in the locker room, a whole coaching staff, a whole university that's behind us that's willing and committed to moving in the right direction.

“I've got nothing but good to say about every single one of my teammates. Love them to death. Same with the coaches and support staff. Everybody's invested into a winning culture.”

Fox after the L to MSU:
“I hope that the NIT gives us a chance to keep playing because we've got guys that want to be here and want to play and want to continue to play and want to continue to grow as a group, not just as individuals. I think that's what's really special about this team.”

Read into these comments what you want. For me it sounds positive.

Top Bottom