Davis to enter draft.....

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score

Probably stating the obvious, but he made it official today.....

He'd be dumb not to

So much for the badgers don't leave early for nba theory
Was that really a theory? :)

Not tough to have a theory like that when you rarely have guys with NBA ability. Actually makes the success they have had even more impressive in some ways as they have done it without a lot of high end talent.

Not tough to have a theory like that when you rarely have guys with NBA ability. Actually makes the success they have had even more impressive in some ways as they have done it without a lot of high end talent.

I noted that the Gophers have one more player in the pros than Wisconsin. We win!

Both programs have 1 in the NBA and 2 in the G League.

I think Dekker was the last one to leave early. That's seven years ago already. Wow! I'm way old and years start to seem like weeks.

Remember watching Lacrosse vs Minnehaha and thinking, this guy is pretty close to Suggs' ability

Badger fans were crowing few years back they didn't do one and done and players returned instead of going to nba.

Dekker/kaminsky era stood out

I think Dekker was the last one to leave early. That's seven years ago already. Wow! I'm way old and years start to seem like weeks.
I never got nba hype with him. He lived up to expectations.

I thought kaminsky would be slightly better than he has on flip

I thought I remembered Kaminsky, Dekker, and Hayes all could have left a year earlier than they did. Hayes in particular I thought might have been preseason Big Ten player of the year before a disappointing senior season in which he might have played himself out of an NBA look.

I thought I remembered Kaminsky, Dekker, and Hayes all could have left a year earlier than they did. Hayes in particular I thought might have been preseason Big Ten player of the year before a disappointing senior season in which he might have played himself out of an NBA look.
That's what badger fans claimed

I noted that the Gophers have one more player in the pros than Wisconsin. We win!

Both programs have 1 in the NBA and 2 in the G League.
That doesn’t reflect well on our previous coaches.

Wow! Come on Ben! Land some transfer portal guys who can play and shock a bunch of people ascending the BIG TEN standings.
I know Wisconsin will finish top 4 in all likelihood, but come on Ben, take Wisconsin's place...start a new normal for the Gophers.
Purdue seems gettable as well. Ivey is/was one of the quicker burst guys in college.

That doesn’t reflect well on our previous coaches.
I hate to send praise over the border but I always felt/feel like WI plays more of a team game. Team play wins over individual play 90% of the time if the talent is in the same stratosphere.

I hate to send praise over the border but I always felt/feel like WI plays more of a team game. Team play wins over individual play 90% of the time if the talent is in the same stratosphere.
You forgot. They only bring smart athletes. Please interpret smart as you will.

Lol. He just won the Lute Olson national player of the year and is a finalist for the Naismith.

So? Luka Garza, Frank Mason, Denzel Valentine, Frank Kaminsky, Doug McDermott have all won those awards over the past 9 years. How are their NBA careers doing?

Davis is a 'crafty', below the rim player who's not a great shooter and lacks NBA size and length for a SG. Those players don't fair well at the next level.

Ivey and Murray will be much better NBA players than Davis. They were better college players IMO too.

So? Luka Garza, Frank Mason, Denzel Valentine, Frank Kaminsky, Doug McDermott have all won those awards over the past 9 years. How are their NBA careers doing?

Davis is a 'crafty', below the rim player who's not a great shooter and lacks NBA size and length for a SG. Those players don't fair well at the next level.

Ivey and Murray will be much better NBA players than Davis. They were better college players IMO too.
He was called the most overrated player in the B1G, that's the LOL.

I’m not saying Davis will be a star in the NBA but he’s plenty skilled and athletic enough to stick around for multiple years. NBA teams value unselfish smart players. Maybe not a super high ceiling but his floor isn’t low either.

He was called the most overrated player in the B1G, that's the LOL.
Well, that honor is usually given to players who are pretty good (ie rated high).

Who is more overrated than him in the Big 10?

Well, that honor is usually given to players who are pretty good (ie rated high).

Who is more overrated than him in the Big 10?
He’s not overrate! Jesus man. Local kid ends up 2nd in the Naismith. 1st team all-american. Not bad! His best basketball is arguably in front of him.

He’s not overrate! Jesus man. Local kid ends up 2nd in the Naismith. 1st team all-american. Not bad! His best basketball is arguably in front of him.
I think he's good. But yes, you're right, he's rated really high.

Who do you think is more overrated than him?

Top Bottom