Darren Wolfson: Should We "Bank" on Henderson Never Wearing a Gophers Jersey at TCF?

Case by case

Recruiting is a numbers game. You can't say "This coach didn't get that player, therefore he is not a good recruiter." Especially when that recruit is the top player in the country and the program is building, not built. Minnesota kids have shown a "grass is greener" mentality, but as long as Brewster puts together good classes with equally talented out-of-staters that want to be Gophers, I'll be happy. Obviously Henderson doesn't have equals, but he is a special case. As long as we keep improving and start winning big, it will be even easier to keep the instate talent home. But even if we lose Floyds and McNeals, I'll still take our top 20 class regardless of where they're from.

Henderson WILL be a Gopher

For whatever it's worth (probably not a whole lot); my sources at Cretin (which include a coach, several players and parents) feel Henderson will ultimately commit to Minny. He wants to stay in the area with friends and family.

For whatever it's worth (probably not a whole lot); my sources at Cretin (which include a coach, several players and parents) feel Henderson will ultimately commit to Minny. He wants to stay in the area with friends and family.

Pack a lunch.

Re: Pack a Lunch

Your recent post:

"All I'm saying is that it's easy to run your mouth when you're hiding behind the anonymity of a message board. I dare you to go up to a group of Vikings fans and tell them to their faces how much they suck because they wear jerseys. Let me know how that turns out for you."

URA TOOL.

Your recent post:

"All I'm saying is that it's easy to run your mouth when you're hiding behind the anonymity of a message board. I dare you to go up to a group of Vikings fans and tell them to their faces how much they suck because they wear jerseys. Let me know how that turns out for you."

URA TOOL.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

And even though that has nothing to do with anything we're discussing in this thread, it is absolute truth.

Thread: Darren Wolfson: Should We "Bank" on Henderson Never Wearing a Gophers Jersey

Some kids want to stay home and some kids want to go away to college. Not always the coaches fault for not properly recruiting a player. Especially if he is #1 in all the land.

Lets hope SH will be golden!!

It sure looks like he caters to the particular sites he talks to...gatorcountry.com, he mentions Florida...and I know there are other examples of that (will look-up later)...I like that your CDH sources say that...and his good friend, the kid from TG, Pride, has a Gophers offer...but from someone I know who has spent some time with him the last 4 months, I am hearing a different vibe...thing is - he is probably saying a lot of things to a lot of different people.

The desires of a 17 year old can change on a whim. Right now he seems to be romanticizing winning national championships. Next month he could be romanticizing the idea of going away for college and learning something about himself. The next month he may be feeling the love of the community that helped him grow in to the man that he is and he may want to stay home and be close to friends and family.

I recommend people just relax, pull up a chair and grab some popcorn because this isn't done and it could be fun to watch. Seantrel's recruitment is going to drag all the way out to the first week of February and we are going to hear a lot of updates between now and then and some will conflict with previous reports--just like the most recent update conflicts with past reports that Minnesota, USC and Michigan are the schools that he is most interested in.

70% College football world superpower flavor-of-the-minute
30% Gophers

That still gives Minnesota as good a shot as anyone at this point. But a good 2009 season for Minnesota would certainly go a long way in landing SH becuase it appears that he wants to play for a team that is going to win.

It sure looks like he caters to the particular sites he talks to...gatorcountry.com, he mentions Florida...and I know there are other examples of that (will look-up later)...I like that your CDH sources say that...and his good friend, the kid from TG, Pride, has a Gophers offer...but from someone I know who has spent some time with him the last 4 months, I am hearing a different vibe...thing is - he is probably saying a lot of things to a lot of different people.

He is probably saying a lot of things to alot of different people, AND he's probably hearing alot of things from alot of different people. Whether or not he ultimately leaves, he doesn't seem to be willing to take a hard line at least in public. I suppose he has alot of input from his family, freinds and coaches, but I would hope that the decision is going to be his to make, not someone else's.

Doogie...get off your Brewster hating high horse...

"Pathetic"? exactly what do you base this on? the fact that he tells who he is talking to what they want to hear? Florida? "oh, it's Florida, USC, and Michigan" some body Else? oh "it's your school, USC, and Minnesota" or "Michigan, Minnesota, and Florida." If this kid wants to play for "A school that will be going for N.C." why would Michigan be on that list? Rich Rodriguez has 0N.C.'s to his name, and is coming off the worst season I ever heard of Michigan having, (too lazy to look it up) and players leaving the program. I think his list will continue evole as time goes on. I think the castigation of Brewster by you was wildly premature, and total without merit. If you wanted to make the point that you thought he was going elsewhere, fine do that, the attack was garbage. I seem to have longer memory than most around here, the last few times that players were in the area the Henderson is in the overall rankings, Minnesota was off the list in the first cut, never even mentioned after january by most. Mauer, Wenke, etc. I think he is managing his affairs quite well considering that everybody else out there is using 55-0 when recruiting against him. If the kid is truly using the "more players going to the NFL" thing, I think he is misinformed and I have always said, and do have the evidence to back it up, it has never been where you play but how you play in college that matters. Where you play only seems to matter with backup QB's and people who under perform in college. If that's his concern, then what could Brewster do about it anyways?

"Pathetic"? exactly what do you base this on? the fact that he tells who he is talking to what they want to hear? Florida? "oh, it's Florida, USC, and Michigan" some body Else? oh "it's your school, USC, and Minnesota" or "Michigan, Minnesota, and Florida." If this kid wants to play for "A school that will be going for N.C." why would Michigan be on that list? Rich Rodriguez has 0N.C.'s to his name, and is coming off the worst season I ever heard of Michigan having, (too lazy to look it up) and players leaving the program. I think his list will continue evole as time goes on. I think the castigation of Brewster by you was wildly premature, and total without merit. If you wanted to make the point that you thought he was going elsewhere, fine do that, the attack was garbage. I seem to have longer memory than most around here, the last few times that players were in the area the Henderson is in the overall rankings, Minnesota was off the list in the first cut, never even mentioned after january by most. Mauer, Wenke, etc. I think he is managing his affairs quite well considering that everybody else out there is using 55-0 when recruiting against him. If the kid is truly using the "more players going to the NFL" thing, I think he is misinformed and I have always said, and do have the evidence to back it up, it has never been where you play but how you play in college that matters. Where you play only seems to matter with backup QB's and people who under perform in college. If that's his concern, then what could Brewster do about it anyways?

Jesus, man - it wasn't even him that said it. He was quoting comments from the message board.

Try reading comprehension once in a while.

So where did Booger Wolfson go to college? How many kids want to go to college 10 miles from home? Sure as H not me and none of my friends would have either. It doesn't matter what profession you are going into, if you can go to one of the top schools in the world for that profession wouldn't you go? If you have your choice of U of MN or Harvard for a business or finance degree where would you go? No different in football, baseball, lacrosse or beer drinking...you go where you have the best chance to succeed in your career.

Everything you write about Brewster seems to be negative, did he piss in your cherios or did you spend too many years sucking face with Dan Barrero & Mr Hartman? I'm sure glad your buddy & pole slapper Dantonio never looses an in-state recruit

Jesus, man - it wasn't even him that said it. He was quoting comments from the message board.

Try reading comprehension once in a while.

beat me to it, read the thread with the multiple pages, Doogie qouted them, go after them if you want, they probably deserve it, not Doogie who basically wrapped up his article with a summary of Brewster vastly improving in state recruiting and consistently beating out rivals Wisky and Iowee for MN kids

So where did Booger Wolfson go to college? How many kids want to go to college 10 miles from home? Sure as H not me and none of my friends would have either. It doesn't matter what profession you are going into, if you can go to one of the top schools in the world for that profession wouldn't you go? If you have your choice of U of MN or Harvard for a business or finance degree where would you go? No different in football, baseball, lacrosse or beer drinking...you go where you have the best chance to succeed in your career.

Everything you write about Brewster seems to be negative, did he piss in your cherios or did you spend too many years sucking face with Dan Barrero & Mr Hartman? I'm sure glad your buddy & pole slapper Dantonio never looses an in-state recruit

You can't read. THis isn't a negative piece at all and in fact is complementary about Brews recruiting. Weird reaction by the bad reading comprehension crowd.

You can't read. THis isn't a negative piece at all and in fact is complementary about Brews recruiting. Weird reaction by the bad reading comprehension crowd.

The funny part is he is quoting negative comments he found on this board! I have been guilty of quick reading myself in the past, so I have trouble being harsh, but there could be a little owning up to comments.

The most important thing about the article is that I am mentioned in it. Thanks Doogie!

I am baffled by the responses...I praised Brewster in the article...and praised him in previous story about Lipscomb not coming here...gave him enormous credit for -- what I can tell from spring ball -- hitting home runs with the hires of Fisch and Davis...Have I always been kind to him? No, but certainly kinder than most.

I am baffled by the responses...I praised Brewster in the article...and praised him in previous story about Lipscomb not coming here...gave him enormous credit for -- what I can tell from spring ball -- hitting home runs with the hires of Fisch and Davis...Have I always been kind to him? No, but certainly kinder than most.

Posts #14 and #16 obviously didn't read the article. Or, they started to read it and confused your quotes of posts from this board for a bullet-point list of your own complaints. That's their problem.

I hope that's the case, but then that is my fault...I do my best to leave out any doubts when I write...I must've f'ed that up then.

Your recent post:

URA TOOL.

hahahahahaha, exactly

I hope that's the case, but then that is my fault...I do my best to leave out any doubts when I write...I must've f'ed that up then.

Nah, they just didn't read it right and now won't come out and admit it, no biggy, it was a good perspective.

It is not your fault that some readers clearly cannot not pass a junior high reading comprehension course. I thought it was a fair article.

I think the formatting of the article made it appear like the bulleted comments were yours, when in fact they were from posters on the board. I had to read it a couple times to figure out which comments were yours.

I think the formatting of the article made it appear like the bulleted comments were yours, when in fact they were from posters on the board. I had to read it a couple times to figure out which comments were yours.

Agreed. The formatting was a little odd and had I not remembered the quotes as being from posters I might have been confused at first myself. I think the negative responses came from folks who skimmed the article too quickly.

A fine bit of scholarship from the U. Another General College wash out? Take that damn M of your shirt till you learn to read complete paragraphs.

Top Bottom