Danny Manning fired.

If you don't know who Danny Manning is you need to dig in to figure out what is going on with this Danny guy and why it is posted on the home town team thread.

If you do, you are wondering what the connection is to the Gophers that makes this deserves its own thread here on the Gopherhole instead of being relegated to the hired/fired thread. What is the story-line that I am are missing? So you dig in and then realize it is a private conversation for the people that care about ACC coaches or maybe the NBA (yuck).

So I ask again, please post Gopher stuff here.
Whoa, no one realized you were sooooo busy that clicking on a thread you didn't want to would eat up so much of your valuable time; even though all the posting you have done it far exceeds how long it would take to puruse it. ?????

Also if you don't know whom Danny Manning is you have no business being in a college basketball board in the first place IMHO, good god.

Didn’t realize you suddenly became the moderator. Get off the thread if it doesn’t interest you. You seem to be the only one who is having an issue with it at the moment.
You suddenly a moderator too? Good to know but the standards appear to have suddenly gone down...

This is a gopher board not a college basketball news board (they have those too...) When you post something completely unrelated to Gopher Basketball everyone clicks on it, then scrolls down to figure out how it relates to the Gophers, then realizes that it is a private conversation unrelated to the greater discussion on the Gophers.

Please have the common courtesy to take it elsewhere or at least make the attempt to track down the 2020 coaches hired/fired thread and post it there so people can "self-select" out of reading it. This is pretty basic stuff - so no need to take it personally.
Bravo.

This is a gopher board not a college basketball news board (they have those too...) When you post something completely unrelated to Gopher Basketball everyone clicks on it, then scrolls down to figure out how it relates to the Gophers, then realizes that it is a private conversation unrelated to the greater discussion on the Gophers.

Please have the common courtesy to take it elsewhere or at least make the attempt to track down the 2020 coaches hired/fired thread and post it there so people can "self-select" out of reading it. This is pretty basic stuff - so no need to take it personally.

Did it hurt?

I was told here on gh no major conference coaches would be fired during this off season. Hmmm.

He's a guy I thought would have had a bit more success.

It does go to show that at places like Wake Forest and Minnesota, early departures are a bigger problem than at a place like Duke or Kentucky or Michigan State (I know, duh).

When you have guys leave early (as WF and MN have), there isn't a lot in the reserve tank just by the very nature of the program stature. No doubt Manning was impacted by early departures. Minnesota has been, too.

Sometimes mid-tier programs manage through it and have success, sometimes they don't. WF wasn't waiting around any more. Pitino at least has a chance to fight through it with the roster he's assembled in the last month.

Last edited:

Or, just don't click on it. It is now onto two pages of posts, so some people do care. Move along if you don't like it and quit further cluttering the thread.

I actually think there are some Gopher related comparisons to be made here. Coach with a famous name at a mid-tier program gets fired (WF). Coach with a famous name at a mid-tier program doesn't (MN). Maybe Pitino pursues the WF opening? Who knows? There is also the possibility the Gophers play WF in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, as SS has opined. It's college hoops news and there are some Gopher-related nuggets if you choose to find them.

If you don't like builtbadgers stuff, put him on ignore. But, don't clutter up the thread with personal problems. That's way, way worse than starting a thread on a major, well-known college basketball coach getting fired and having people actually comment on the college basketball news, which IS allowed and I believe actually encouraged.

Last edited:

Or, just don't click on it. It is now onto two pages of posts, so some people do care. Move along if you don't like it and quit further cluttering the thread.

I actually think there is some Gopher related comparisons to be made here. Coach with a famous name at a mid-tier program gets fired (WF). Coach with a famous name at a mid-tier program doesn't (MN). Maybe Pitino pursues the WF opening? Who knows? There is also the possibility the Gophers play WF in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, as SS has opined. It's college hoops news and there are some Gopher-related nuggets if you choose to find them.

If you don't like builtbadgers stuff, put him on ignore. But, don't clutter up the thread with personal problems. That's way, way worse than starting a thread on a major, well-known college basketball coach getting fired and having people actually comment on the college basketball news.
WF is not remotely interested in Richard Pitino. They have identified 5 guys with a impressive body of work. The main donor on the buyout has a relationship with Wes Miller and funding dies across the board if it was someone with Pitino's record.

WF is not remotely interested in Richard Pitino. They have identified 5 guys with a impressive body of work. The main donor on the buyout has a relationship with Wes Miller and funding dies across the board if it was someone with Pitino's record.

I understand, I was just pointing out to the previous poster that there can be Gopher related news here. Even in the sense that people were jokingly saying Pitino to WF.

Sounds like you are intimately connected to the situation, look forward to hearing who they hire. When you hear, let us know :)

Badger s brother
Why because I like his posts because he actually talks legitimate basketball and has well thought out answers unlike you. The best you have is a bunch of name calling. He seems to be well connected, thinks before he posts and sounds pretty intelligent. Like he says, if you have such a problem with him, just put him on ignore. All of you people if you have no interest in the thread, stop visiting it. Some of you act like spoiled children who don’t get their way.

I understand, I was just pointing out to the previous poster that there can be Gopher related news here. Even in the sense that people were jokingly saying Pitino to WF.

Sounds like you are intimately connected to the situation, look forward to hearing who they hire. When you hear, let us know :)
They hired a really good search assistant and have identified 5 candidates.

Why because I like his posts because he actually talks legitimate basketball and has well thought out answers unlike you. The best you have is a bunch of name calling. He seems to be well connected, thinks before he posts and sounds pretty intelligent. Like he says, if you have such a problem with him, just put him on ignore. All of you people if you have no interest in the thread, stop visiting it. Some of you act like spoiled children who don’t get their way.

Preach brother man!

You missed the part where BADGER takes potshots at Pitino and the program. Hard to believe you missed it. Funny how you referenced name calling and not a mention of your sock puppet BADGER.

And Pitino is not remotely interested in WF.

Again, another “not so subtle” jab at Pitino! Why? You didn’t even have to add that last line to your comment. Does it make you feel superior, like you know so much about college basketball?

And Pitino is not remotely interested in WF.

Again, another “not so subtle” jab at Pitino! Why? You didn’t even have to add that last line to your comment. Does it make you feel superior, like you know so much about college basketball?
Not the point at all. It is for those that comment cue the Pitino coaching rumors that get posted. I like Pitino as a person for what i do know, just have not enjoyed his performance as a basketball coach.

I just asked if you could please take these discussions to the appropriate place like ESPN or a Wake Forest fan site or here in the "2020 coaches hired/fired thread". Throwing a 2 word post on a completely unrelated topic to Gopher Basketball makes no sense. ...or if you do think there is some sort of distant connection please make it during the post. This is not so hard. Your name calling is not helping.

I defy you to show where I was name calling anyone in this thread. I just asked to keep the threads on subject... nicely... several times. You starting to lose it due to the quarantine?

If I was posting nonsense about some unrelated subject you would be right here hassling me about it. Don't kid yourself. :)
This type of thing isn't remotely a big deal so I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I just asked if you could please take these discussions to the appropriate place like ESPN or a Wake Forest fan site or here in the "2020 coaches hired/fired thread". Throwing a 2 word post on a completely unrelated topic to Gopher Basketball makes no sense. ...or if you do think there is some sort of distant connection please make it during the post. This is not so hard. Your name calling is not helping.

I defy you to show where I was name calling anyone in this thread. I just asked to keep the threads on subject... nicely... several times. You starting to lose it due to the quarantine?
Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about? I never called you out on any of this thread. My answer still stands, if you want nothing to do with the thread don’t visit it.

Who is Danny Manning and why does this matter to the gophers? Aren’t there Danny Manning fan forums you can post on? I spent 250 hours watching his game film from his playing days to see if this impacted the gophers.

Who is Danny Manning and why does this matter to the gophers? Aren’t there Danny Manning fan forums you can post on? I spent 250 hours watching his game film from his playing days to see if this impacted the gophers.
It started at hour 251 of film.

Put me in the camp that enjoys reading what other passionate college basketball fans feel about the college basketball news of the day. This is a big time college basketball name at a big time university that got fired pretty late in the game. It's relevant and interesting and will conceivably lead to more churn. We've already had enough fire Pitino threads. This is different if nothing else.

Easy to pick and choose what threads you click on.

Danny Manning huge college basketball star. Then as a college coach being fired it certainly is college basketball news and belongs on this forum. Not sure what people are complaining about.

Danny Manning huge college basketball star. Then as a college coach being fired it certainly is college basketball news and belongs on this forum. Not sure what people are complaining about.
Nobody is complaining. Just suggesting that we put it in the coaches hired/fired thread and not clutter up the gopher main forum thread with stuff that most gopher fans dont care about...

No high major coaches will he fired during the 2020 offseason. Has to be an error.
OK. Now list the number of high major coaches fired in each of the last five years. Or just say "I was wrong." Your choice, whichever is easier.

OK. Now list the number of high major coaches fired in each of the last five years. Or just say "I was wrong." Your choice, whichever is easier.
Admit you are wrong drizzle. You and others spouted. Own it.

Admit you are wrong drizzle. You and others spouted. Own it.

Who said none would be? I said the number will be down drastically and will be a slow market. I am still correct. Even the Boston College guy who was a pretty sure thing to be gone is not.

Top Bottom