Dane Mizutani: Kill’s continued silence about his QBs speaks volumes

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dane:

Though he didn't say too much Tuesday, perhaps the most telling answer Kill gave was when asked about a group film session he conducted earlier in the week. Kill, as he's been known to do from time to time, started to talk about one thing before going off onto a completely different tangent midway through his own answer.

"We have got to play to our strengths right now," Kill said. "I don't want to talk a lot about it, but we've got two great running backs. They're not good. They're really good. ... We need to run the ball. We've got to get back to being who we are, and we've got to find a way to do it.

"We were throwing the ball 35 times a game. That isn't who we are. That's not who I am. That's not who we are. That's not how we're going to be able to win in the Big Ten."

In this situation, that answer pretty much speaks for itself.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...ed_silence_about_his_QBs_speaks_volumes100715

Go Gophers!!

We've already seen the model for this with Phillip Nelson. I would be surprised if Croft wasn't the starter, or at least split series with Mitch.

How do you run the ball when the defense doesn't respect your passing game and just stacks the line?

O.K. I clicked on the link because I thought something may have been taken out of context. But after reading the entire thing, I don't believe Dane knows what "a completely different tangent" means.

O.K. I clicked on the link because I thought something may have been taken out of context. But after reading the entire thing, I don't believe Dane knows what "a completely different tangent" means.
Kill, however, does know, and has taken that path many times. But the article is poorly written and makes Kill's tangents seem tame.

The writer makes up things to illustrate his point. Poorly written piece. Good one to keep handy for the next time he's unfairly critical.

We've already seen the model for this with Phillip Nelson. I would be surprised if Croft wasn't the starter, or at least split series with Mitch.

I expect to see Mitch start, and if he doesn't get it going after the first couple series, see Croft come in. That was how he dealt with Nelson and Leidner when neither of them were able to distinguish themselves a couple years ago.

Well he's right about where the talent is. Yet, if you can't complete passes the other team can stop just about any RB...

Top Bottom