Dan Patrick reports Big Ten had internal vote & by 12-2 margin, league members opted on not having a fall football season; Neb and Iowa voted to play

Good.

Covid will be a one year blip. We lost a year. March to next spring.

You’ll live. And you’ll be getting the vaccine. So will your family. They’ll live too.

Sure, sure. What will change by February in terms of reducing risk to zero?

Anon, bitter internet poster who has never studied vaccines, health science, or public health in their lives, or head of NIH who says otherwise.

That’s a tough one.

Blah, blah, blah.

Non-Fauci experts say it is a pipe dream like breaking the laws of thermodynamics, and if you really think about it (try) it doesn’t make sense from a safety or efficacy standpoint.

Do you want to bet on this? I already asked you in the other thread.

Blah, blah, blah.

Non-Fauci experts say it is a pipe dream like breaking the laws of thermodynamics, and if you really think about it (try) it doesn’t make sense from a safety or efficacy standpoint.

Do you want to bet on this? I already asked you in the other thread.
So pompous.

Not surprised. I wouldn’t even play in the Spring unless it’s a severely shortened season. I don’t want to screw up Fall 21 and burn kids out. Just move on to Fall 2021 IMO. If the virus is still here, we better have figured out how to live with it by then.

NFL ratings are gonna be insane if they can figure out how to play.

Now sources claiming the vote is fake news

if so, pretty bad by Dan Patrick

Apparently Iowans are tougher than the Minnesota players. Played 98% of their summer baseball and softball games with a State Tournament that had the best attendance ever. Now their football teams are practicing with a set schedule. As one kid mentioned, if I wasn’t practicing football I would hanging with my friends and probably ignoring social distancing.

Apparently Iowans are tougher than the Minnesota players. Played 98% of their summer baseball and softball games with a State Tournament that had the best attendance ever. Now their football teams are practicing with a set schedule. As one kid mentioned, if I wasn’t practicing football I would hanging with my friends and probably ignoring social distancing.
But then if the kid gets seriously ill, the school would not be held responsible and can say "hey, the kid caught it on his own time".*
That's what the cancellations are about.

* Of course, lawyers on both sides would argue this.

Good.

Covid will be a one year blip. We lost a year. March to next spring.

You’ll live. And you’ll be getting the vaccine. So will your family. They’ll live too.

Keep peddling this idiotic line of thinking. I'm sure it'll get you places

FWIW - Iowa HS Athletic Association has put out its protocols for playing Football this fall. it is several pages long. Google it and read it to see all the hoops that teams, coaches, players and officials will have to jump through just to play a HS football game. Pages of rules - how teams have to stand on the sidelines - who can handle the ball between plays - how to conduct the coin toss before games - pages of this stuff. the more you read, the most absurd it becomes. it literally feels like something the Onion might print as a parody of how to play football during a pandemic.

Any AD's or coaches in Iowa who have to deal with this will go nuts or be drinking heavily by the end of the season.

In addition to shifting liability, is there some legitimacy to the idea some college presidents are not fans of sports being linked to universities, and are not as likely to fight hard to make things happen if those things threaten the overall image and mission of the school. Do academics uniformly see athletics as part of the college experience?

Perhaps the cancellation of AY 20-21 sports, and the looming NLI legislations, and the social justice public relations headaches are all coming to a head.

You’ll be getting the vaccine and so will your family. The government says “you’re welcome, and enjoy the roads too”.
Here we go. The be thankful that the government gave you roads bs.

your better than this.

I know some basketball, hockey, golfers, soccer and basketball players have tested positive along with Nascar but I still don’t think anyone has died. Maybe not as unsafe as people want you to believe. Yes I know there’s no fans but doable.

I doubt he made it up. Sources denying the truth.
I doubt he made it up to.
But equally as likely that his source reported something as official when it wasn’t yet.

They may have had an informal vote even...but that word informal would be pretty crucial reporting of that vote

Top Bottom