Damn you Iowa

I absolutely hate gopher fans who cheer for bucky and Iowa when they face non big ten teams. Don't you realize that when their programs are good they steal our recruits. Plus their fans get so much enjoyment from seeing the gophers loose.

4 sacks. epic D.

overrated. clap. clap. clapclapclap.

7 New Starters on D for Arizona...

Mike Stoops is a pretty good coach...

So the question is this: Is Arizona better than everybody thought or is Iowa worse? Obviously if it was Minnesota beating Iowa the media would say Iowa is actually a terrible team. As I suspected, Iowa losing all of those starters on the o-line seems to have impacted them more than the media thought it would. The lines (D and O) are the heart and soul of every Iowa team. Their o-line looks very average at best and their d-line is good but does not look like the best in country as all media hacks have been touting (Arizona's d-line outplayed them).

Iowa's worse...

I can't believe they had that high of a ranking...

stanzi has a great w-l record but also has a great passion for tossing ints. It was great to see them lose especially when they played someone other than southwestnortheast rhode island. Now if the BADgers lose their horseshoe......

They need to fire the coach!!

Classy thread. I made the trip up to Minneapolis and cheered for the Gophers and the Big10 because the conference image is important for all teams. Iowa played undisciplined and terrible football for the majority of the game and still almost won it in the end. Of course we have question marks and things to improve on but Iowa's loss to Arizona will likely help the team in the long-run. Good luck against NIU next week.

Going into the season I thought that Iowa had two big question marks the offensive line and cornerbacks. Arizona exposed the weaknesses. I would have prefered that they exposed the weaknesses and still lost because it was a Big Ten/Pac Ten contest but I can't say that I'm surprised.

Going into the season I thought that Iowa had two big question marks the offensive line and cornerbacks. Arizona exposed the weaknesses. I would have prefered that they exposed the weaknesses and still lost because it was a Big Ten/Pac Ten contest but I can't say that I'm surprised.

Iowa lost this game because of the special teams implosion in the first quarter. We were taken out of our game plan and forced to pass the entire game because of the large deficit. If ST's had played mediocre in this game Iowa would have likely won. The Hawkeye defense shut down Arizona in the second half until that last drive and the hawks ran out of gas in the end. Stanzi's one pick-six was not his fault at all. He hit Marvin McNutt in the hands and the ball took a fortuitous bounce right into the hands of Trevin Wade.

Brought my father-in-law to a Gophers/Hawkeyes game a while back. The Iowa cheerleaders had big. I, O, W, A cards to get the Hawkeye fans in to the game. After the Rouser on a Gophers score, he tried to get one in up on the Gophers by saying to me "At least we don't have to spell our name to know what school we are." I replied back to him, "Hey, it's nine letters and we don't need the cheerleaders to hold up cards to remind us of the four letters in our school's name."

I'm surprised Iowa was even in it. I went to bed at halftime. Good job coming back for the Hawks.

Arizona got a couple of breaks to build the early lead, Iowa got a couple breaks to get themselves right back in it. Great game by a pair of pretty good teams. Iowa's offensive line is going to be their weakness all year.

I absolutely hate gopher fans who cheer for bucky and Iowa when they face non big ten teams. Don't you realize that when their programs are good they steal our recruits. Plus their fans get so much enjoyment from seeing the gophers loose.

Well... You hate me. That is unfortunate, but I guess at least I know where you stand.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule but in general I have found the less people know about sports, the more likely they are to cheer against fellow conference members when playing non-con and bowl games.

That's okay. You don't need any special qualifications or licenses to be a fan. To each their own.

I absolutely hate gopher fans who cheer for bucky and Iowa when they face non big ten teams. Don't you realize that when their programs are good they steal our recruits.

Thank you. This "rooting for the Big ten" BS is the dumbest idea ever when it involves the state to your east and the state directly south of you. The Gophers are DIRECT COMPETITORS to these teams. Does Burger King root for McDonald's to succeed???

If it really bothers you that Mark May thinks the ACC is better than the BT, then either cancel your cable subscription or put the halftime show on mute. Who cares.

NEVER root for Iowa or Wisconsin, unless a win by them directly helps us clinch or win a BT title.

Thank you. This "rooting for the Big ten" BS is the dumbest idea ever when it involves the state to your east and the state directly south of you. The Gophers are DIRECT COMPETITORS to these teams. Does Burger King root for McDonald's to succeed???

If it really bothers you that Mark May thinks the ACC is better than the BT, then either cancel your cable subscription or put the halftime show on mute. Who cares.

NEVER root for Iowa or Wisconsin, unless a win by them directly helps us clinch or win a BT title.

+1 I have no problem cheering for other Big 10 teams but I agree that you do not hope for the best when it comes to becky and the pigeons. These programs recruit many of the same prospects we go after including our in-state guys. Based on this, I am very happy every time they lose.

Classy thread. I made the trip up to Minneapolis and cheered for the Gophers and the Big10 because the conference image is important for all teams. Iowa played undisciplined and terrible football for the majority of the game and still almost won it in the end. Of course we have question marks and things to improve on but Iowa's loss to Arizona will likely help the team in the long-run. Good luck against NIU next week.

this was a good loss for iowa

some of the arizona fansare saying that the iowa fans down there had such big heads.....they don't know how they fit themselves into the stadium

iowa fans don't even cheer for teams in their actual state......i'm sure all iowa fans cheer for ISU every week, including papahawk :clap:

iowa fans don't even cheer for teams in their actual state......i'm sure all iowa fans cheer for ISU every week, including papahawk :clap:

I do cheer for Iowa State to win except for when they play Iowa. Hopefully, the gophers can improve next week against NIU because Northwestern the following week will be a major challenge for Minnesota. Dan Persa is efficient and the NU defense is disciplined and very physical.

Well... You hate me. That is unfortunate, but I guess at least I know where you stand.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule but in general I have found the less people know about sports, the more likely they are to cheer against fellow conference members when playing non-con and bowl games.

That's okay. You don't need any special qualifications or licenses to be a fan. To each their own.

so you are happy when instate stars go to Bucky and Iowa? Because when they have strong programs kids from our state go there.

I root for the other 8 Big Ten teams, but I'm sorry it is really hard to pull for WI or IA. But, I do admit to having some slight conflicting feelings (I emphasize slight, maybe 20% of me wants them to win, and 80% lose) I think PapaHawk is an exception, I believe a huge majority of their fans love to see Minnesota lose (sadly, our program has been so mediocre to lousy for a few decades some are probably starting to feel pity for us).

so you are happy when instate stars go to Bucky and Iowa? Because when they have strong programs kids from our state go there.

If MN could put together 3-4 good seasons, the border could really be closed down. Until they do that, Iowa and Wisconsin will keep getting players. The on campus stadium will help, but the game day atmosphere is a lot better in Madison then in Minny.

Top Bottom