Dammit Doogie- Now he spills beans on Edsall!!

Take away Golden's pretty boy gel and tie look, and his career doesn't look better than Jerry Kill's record. Kill is committed to the University, and I sense a bit of narcissism with Golden and think he would aim to get us to 7-8 wins in year three and cash that in for something better.

T
Take away Golden's pretty boy gel and tie look, and his career doesn't look better than Jerry Kill's record. Kill is committed to the University, and I sense a bit of narcissism with Golden and think he would aim to get us to 7-8 wins in year three and cash that in for something better.

This... ^^^

I have moved on. Kill has been here for almost one year.

The real question is...what our uniforms would have looked like under Edsall.

52-04378-Y.jpg

Attachments

• 52-04378-Y.jpg
    52-04378-Y.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 14

Maryland is going to become to under armor what Oregon has become to Nike. If Edsall was our coach I suspect our uniforms would look exactly the same this year with only minor variations next year.

I really like John Feinstein...now I really like him more! Calls for Edsall's head after just one year. Still waiting all you Edsall supporters...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...nd-any-worse/2011/11/27/gIQAhnd61N_story.html

I don't know the details of what happened in Maryland but it sure sounds like it's as much how he has handled things than it has been about the performance on the field.

Everyone expects to have some road bumps in your first season, but that was a pretty talented Maryland football team. I don't like to judge a coach by their first year, ever, but he is in a bit of a hole. I imagine Edsall would have preferred the U job now, replacing Brew with our low expectations is a whole lot easier than replacing a good coach in the Fridge. To top it off, if fail here, you have nitwits like Ruesse and Souhan coming at you (big deal). If you fail there, you have the Washington Post pulling out the big sticks.

After reading that, you've got to appreciate the way Kill deals with the media

Maryland really dropped the ball letting James Franklin leave for Vanderbilt. He looks like a good game day coach and that's in the SEC and he's done a excellent job recruiting his first year.

Maryland really dropped the ball letting James Franklin leave for Vanderbilt. He looks like a good game day coach and that's in the SEC and he's done a excellent job recruiting his first year.

Could not agree with you more. He was competitive at Vandy in year one. Pretty impressive.

Except for your comment about Franklin, not so impressive anymore ;)

As for Edsall it's always hard to tell with these guys when they move up from one level to the next. The hill is a lot steeper and difference between the haves and have nots far greater.

Two of the coaches Gopher fans wanted most (Hoke. Edsall) are now without jobs.

I didn't want Edsall. I REALLY REALLY didn't want Golden. However, I did want Hoke. Ugh.

I didn't want Edsall. I REALLY REALLY didn't want Golden. However, I did want Hoke. Ugh.

It really does show you what a crap shoot it is hiring a coach. It reminds me of the church picnics of my youth, where one of the games was "go fish." You were given this toy fishing pole and you tossed the line over a spread out bed sheet/curtain. On the other side was an adult who would attach some prize to your line. You never knew what you'd get.

It really does show you what a crap shoot it is hiring a coach. It reminds me of the church picnics of my youth, where one of the games was "go fish." You were given this toy fishing pole and you tossed the line over a spread out bed sheet/curtain. On the other side was an adult who would attach some prize to your line. You never knew what you'd get.

wait!what?

It's interesting to look back on. I remember being interested in the Troy Calhoun & Mike Leach names (although I never expected Leach). I also remember saying I'd be down with a coordinator like Paul Chryst & looking at Guz Malzahn, who was still an OC at the time & had not left for Arkansas St. yet).

When it was Jerry Kill though, I was onboard. I was impressed with what I had watched from NIU.

...ah, to dream, perchance, of Rosemountian...

If we would have lost to IA. some of these sentiments might be different. JK seems like a good person. I'll settle for a good person and a good coach over a bad person and great coach.

my ability to judge a person is very astute.

Sounds like Edsall is getting fired per Pat Forde.

Al golden will be joining them soon. Next year I am guessing Strong and Beilema's seats will be boiling hot if they aren't already. I wonder which one of these schools will hire Lane Kiffin.

Twas then when the Hurdy Gurdy Man Came....

There were 11 coaches hired in the Power 5 the same offseason as Kill (not including interim coaches) according to the link below:

1. Colorado: Jon Embree
2. Florida: Will Muschamp
3. Indiana: Kevin Wilson
4. Maryland: Randy Edsall
5. Miami: Al Golden
6. Michigan: Brady Hoke
7. Minnesota: Jerry Kill
8. Pittsburgh: Todd Graham
9. Stanford: David Shaw
10. Vandy: James Franklin
11. West Virginia: Dana Holgorsen

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/coaching_changes_2011.html

Al golden will be joining them soon. Next year I am guessing Strong and Beilema's seats will be boiling hot if they aren't already. I wonder which one of these schools will hire Lane Kiffin.

Harbaugh having MI winning year 1 is really eating at my longhorn friends 'why not us"

my razorback friends are still invested in BB - "need to fix the red zone O"

Top Bottom