damien white

According to Duane Bennett's Facebook status, White passed away. No idea how, I just noticed it on my Facebook page.

Whatever has happened, this is very sad, and my heart goes out to the White family.

I heard that he was at home in California, and he was shot in an argument at a gas station on Sunday morning.

I haven't been able to find any links. Stories like this make me sick to my stomach, I can't imagine what his family is going through, and my heart goes out to them. :(

GopherHole was contacted by a friend of Damien's, who asked us to provide a bit of background on the former Gopher. All of our thoughts and prayers are with Damien's friends and family. Here is the message:

"Damien White was shot and killed Sunday morning at a gas station. What people don't know about Damien is that after leaving the University of Minnesota, with very few options, Damien enrolled in a local Juco and had been taking classes. While Damien dreamed of playing professional football, he also wanted to coach high school football. For those of us who knew him, we will remember his laugh, his smile, and his nonstop talking. RIP Damien Cordell White"

Unbelievable

This is unbelievably sad, tragic news. He was only a Gopher for a short while but I'm just sickened by this senseless waste of such a promising life.

Tragic and senseless. My thoughts and prayers to the White family.

Top Bottom